Portland Pirates Concept

Top Shelf

Well, with rumors that the Pirates might be the Sabres' new farm team next season, I decided to give the team a makeover for their possible new parent club. Now then, without further ado...

nqsl8p.jpg

First up, we have the primary logo. I think that the colors work really well with the logo the Pirates are currently using.

2cxg5n6.gif

Here's the away jersey, which the logo shows up quite nicely on.

bln52.gif

And finally, here's the home jersey. The word "Portland" doesn't show up that well, but other than that it's pretty good in it's own right.

And there you have it. C&C please.

IeHVybT.png

I don't really sense any creativity here. I'm a big supporter of having the farm club match the big club, but the need for this was unnecessary. If you want to do this, just try to clean it up a bit. The logo, especially on the away uniform, is extremely pixelated and hard to make out. You could just drop the "Portland" script from the left side and it would better. All it looks like right now is you found a template, with the name and numbers, of the Sabres jersey, recoloured the current Pirates logo and slapped it on. What's so impressive about that?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Portland didn't recolor when it switched from the Blackhawks to the Capitals, and then from the Capitals to the Ducks. I see no reason for them to switch to honor the Sabres either.

The blue and gold would stand out in the Atlantic Division, however. The closest color scheme to this would be Manchester's purple, gold & silver.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Portland didn't recolor when it switched from the Blackhawks to the Capitals, and then from the Capitals to the Ducks. I see no reason for them to switch to honor the Sabres either.

Plus look at where the Sabres were the last 29 years. I doubt they would make the Pirates change.

Archived