St. Louis Blues Prototype?

Howie_16

That's a photo in Note by Note, the fantastic book the Blues published for their 35th anniversary. They made it a book of images with the occasional story, and it's really great.

It's the same book that brought to light the rejected alternate jerseys, and some rejected redesigns.

The jerseys pictured were from shortly after the team was announced, I've never seen one anywhere other than that photo.

The colors are fairly easy to picture if you look at the uniforms they did originally end up wearing. While the striping on the uniforms was not the same, you can see a very direct lineage.

They obviously made the right call, at least logo-wise, but I think those are pretty cool

Interesting how the note overlaps the words on the blue jersey, but the words overlap the note on the white jersey.

I did read that article over at www.nhl.com and was trying as heck to save that file for more reading later.. but couldnt.. anyone know how to be able to save that file for reading offline later on.. as I tried and was unable to do so....

BTW that Blues jersey the 2 guys were wearing.. I thought WTF was that?? wow interesting....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Wow good find. I don't know that much about history but was it common to have a GM/player. I've heard of player/coaches but never GM/players.

It should read GM/coach: Patrick coached the Blues for their first dozen or so games before stepping down and hiring Scotty Bowman to replace himself.

I found a couple of other early photos of the "second six".

I think this is from preseason. Bobby Baun of the California Seals is wearing what I think is a hand-me-down of the old WHL team.

012712.jpg

And here's Gerry Odrowski in another uniform I don't think the Seals ever wore in the regular season.

194001.jpg

Just like the Blues ... and the present-day Stars and Canucks ... they seemed to like the team's name on the front of the jersey.

Obviously thanks to Hockey Online for the photos .... they have plenty more if your interested.

Hockey Online

I found a couple of other early photos of the "second six".

I think this is from preseason. Bobby Baun of the California Seals is wearing what I think is a hand-me-down of the old WHL team.

012712.jpg

And here's Gerry Odrowski in another uniform I don't think the Seals ever wore in the regular season.

194001.jpg

Just like the Blues ... and the present-day Stars and Canucks ... they seemed to like the team's name on the front of the jersey.

Obviously thanks to Hockey Online for the photos .... they have plenty more if your interested.

Hockey Online

Don't forget about the golden skates!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Cant save the picture but on page 15 "The Year The Roof Caved In" The picture shows the Flyers old arena with the Flyers logo at centre ice and on the bottom right and top left correct be if the name is wrong but there is the Liberty Bell with Philadelphla across the top.
The Liberty Bell on the ice was Philadelphia's bicentennial logo in 1976 (the 7 was the crack, while the 6 was the bell's clapper)

68425294uq0.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Cant save the picture but on page 15 "The Year The Roof Caved In" The picture shows the Flyers old arena with the Flyers logo at centre ice and on the bottom right and top left correct be if the name is wrong but there is the Liberty Bell with Philadelphla across the top.
The Liberty Bell on the ice was Philadelphia's bicentennial logo in 1976 (the 7 was the crack, while the 6 was the bell's clapper)

68425294uq0.jpg

Clapper? He played for the Bahston Bruins. Teammate of Eddie Shore. Yeah, Dit Clapper. One of the all-time greats. B)

Don't forget about the white skates!!

fix'd

They had gold blades at one point too. Trust me on this one. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived