Clippers logo?

Showmun

kc51design, before you go off sending your stuff away, I would advise you to rework it.

The biggest thing is that your logo needs to be "dumbed down". You have a fantastic concept, but to make the leap to NBA quality logo, you need to simplify it. Tell me one more detailed NBA logo (and I'm looking at your rope details and thin sail lines) and I will retract my statement.

NBA loves merchandise, and merch needs to be able to be embroidered on to products. Your logo would be virtually impossible to render as an embroidered logo. The lines need to be thicker and less in number. The first step would be take out the rope. Make the steering wheel's extruding spokes larger, and perhaps also a few less in number. Remove some sails as well, if necessary. The basketball in the background, while subtle and cute, for lack of a better word, is out of place, and just an extra filler. It may have to go.

I'll say it again, you have a fantastic concept, and if you feel you are selling your soul by making these adjustments, don't. I'm trying to be realistic when I say making the jump from our amateuristic sketches to pro designs is more complicated and complex than you may think.

(Also, as an aside, most pro teams won't even give your artwork a look. I don't remember where I got this info from, but I remember somebody saying a pro team had sent his/her artwork right back to him/her, unopened, claiming that if they ever created a logo anything similar to this designers concept, they could claim a clear conscience of being able to honestly say they knew nothing. I say, wait until the team holds a contest, or else phone ahead and find out where the team is at in terms of accepting logos.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Brian Thuman ( i think that's his name) Dis an absolutly INCREDABLE Clippers logo, waaaaaaaaaay back on the very first Logo board.

if someone can find it it would be fantastic. It was the best Clippers redux i've ever seen

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Brian Thuman ( i think that's his name) Dis an absolutly INCREDABLE Clippers logo, waaaaaaaaaay back on the very first Logo board.

if someone can find it it would be fantastic. It was the best Clippers redux i've ever seen

Yeah! I was reading this post and remembered that way back when in like 1998, Chris had this logo contest or something and I remember seeing that logo w/ the anchor in it!

At least I assume that is the one you're talking about. That logo was amazing.

By the way KC, those are incredible as well. Good job.

sig09.jpg

SyPhi, thanks for the input, I totaly agree with you, and I know all that, if you look my web site, you'll see all the logos are the "simple and thick lines" style just like Clippers logo should be, but then at the time I was doing Clips logo I wanted it to be differnet, which I realise now wouldnt fly with the team and NBA. I wich I have time to rework the logo, but untill they have a contest for the logo I can't find a motivation to do it.

Thank you all for the kind word for my logo.

BTW, J. Quincy King I think on this board there is no room for political messages, specialy not messages of hate towards nations. We are here to talk about sports logos, and please don't show your political opinion here. I would greatly apprecaite it, and specially some friends of this board from Iraq and France. And if you have anything agains them, apply for the Army and go fight. I was in the war here in Croatia and I can tell you no war is a good war, but then again, that's my personal opinion, and I wont bother to share it with everyone.

I don't try to offend anyone on this board by telling you what I think of the situation with Bush and I ask you nicely please remove your banner so you don't offend anyone anymore.

Thank you

Archived