Sign in to follow this  
lbr218

Any other girls on this board?

Steve-O    25
But seriously, Tom Brady? Mmmm, gotta love men who know how to choke... during the Super Bowl!

Patriots haters will contend, however, that that's not the only thing he chokes on.

*not homophobic*

If you're choking, you're not doing it right.

B)

Gayest post of the day award? Hahaha, KJ you are awesome!

Sodboy13    2,477

You know, it's a funny thing when you think about it. When I first brought up mention of this board, my girlfriend was a bit taken aback that there would be this group of guys who would be, more or less, talking about fashion in the world of sports. After all, cultural stereotypes dictate that men barely know or care how to dress themselves, so why would the dressing habits of sports teams be a topic of discussion among us?

Since then, her knowledge of my interest has led to the occasional passing comment - for instance, I have a few jerseys with shiny silver or copper twill numbers, prompting her to ask "Why would an athlete want to wear something so sparkly?" Which, to be honest, was something I never pondered. Just last night, we met up at a restaurant, and the Cubs-Pirates game was on in the bar. Her judgment of the Bucs was immediate. "Oh my God, that looks terrible. Red isn't even one of their colors, is it?"

Anyway, to all the ladies of the forum, lurker, poster, or otherwise, nice to have you aboard. And I would say don't be concerned so much about McCall - if I were you, I'd be far more concerned about avoiding posting anything involving the Senators or Maple Leafs. :D

Heitert    313
But seriously, Tom Brady? Mmmm, gotta love men who know how to choke... during the Super Bowl!

Patriots haters will contend, however, that that's not the only thing he chokes on.

*not homophobic*

I wonder is Belichick has film on that.

Yeah, it's called "Locker Room Files 30 (XXX)"

DEAD!    320

*not homophobic*

B)

A rainbow ribbon should do the trick.

lbr218    2
You know, it's a funny thing when you think about it. When I first brought up mention of this board, my girlfriend was a bit taken aback that there would be this group of guys who would be, more or less, talking about fashion in the world of sports. After all, cultural stereotypes dictate that men barely know or care how to dress themselves, so why would the dressing habits of sports teams be a topic of discussion among us?

Since then, her knowledge of my interest has led to the occasional passing comment - for instance, I have a few jerseys with shiny silver or copper twill numbers, prompting her to ask "Why would an athlete want to wear something so sparkly?" Which, to be honest, was something I never pondered. Just last night, we met up at a restaurant, and the Cubs-Pirates game was on in the bar. Her judgment of the Bucs was immediate. "Oh my God, that looks terrible. Red isn't even one of their colors, is it?"

Anyway, to all the ladies of the forum, lurker, poster, or otherwise, nice to have you aboard. And I would say don't be concerned so much about McCall - if I were you, I'd be far more concerned about avoiding posting anything involving the Senators or Maple Leafs. :D

that's really interesting... but that is exactly what i thought when i first saw that there were no girls on this board...

Lee.    413

*not homophobic*

B)

I believe the word you're looking for is fabulous.

TFoA    41
my parents think i'm crazy...

Besides rooting for the Eagles (ew) and Panthers (EW), you're alright. lol.

SG30    14
We can talk about ............... but we can talk about hot football players ^_^

I hear enough about Christiano Ronaldo at work...... please not on here.

damn...just wow like I knew he was a good player and stuff, never really followed him or anything...but damn, just did a quick Google search and damn...I see why you hear about him. :P

lbr218    2

:P

were both from atlanta so we must be cool... haha

Neon_Matrix    1
And I would say don't be concerned so much about McCall - if I were you, I'd be far more concerned about avoiding posting anything involving the Senators or Maple Leafs. :D

Pffffft. I'm getting better with my self control. :P

Don't forget the Flyers and Islanders. :rolleyes:

LEWJ    122

I did not know you were a girl. Wow. haha.

That's kinda cool that there's actually an active female user on these boards.

Neon_Matrix    1

Just because I get the random bout of PMS the odd time does not make me a girl!!

Oh wait, you weren't talking about me...

lbr218    2

Just because I get the random bout of PMS the odd time does not make me a girl!!

haha love it!

yeah, lewj... i noiced that even though i had been on the board a while, most people were lik referring to me as "him" and stuff like that, and even though it doesn't sound like a big deal, it was just interesting.

oh yeah, about the teams that i'm a fan of... here are my reasons

panthers: i hate the falcons. i like the city of charlotte. i like their colors (haha, you knew that would come in to play).

suns: shaq is pretty much the coolest guy ever. i have no idea why, but i've just about idolized him since i was little. i also went to phoenix this summer and i liked it a lot.

islanders: i grew up on long island, my dad taught me to be an islanders fan (he also taught me to be a mets fan, but that never worked out, i always hated them).

flyers, eagles, soul: i adore the city of philadelphia. i want to move there after i get out of college, and you know... i just like it.

jackets: i live just north of atlanta. it started out that i liked the jackets just because i hated UGAg. now, i'm probably gonna go there for college (it's free for in-state residents, ya know), and i love their history and traditions, and their gorgeous campus!

braves: i'm huge braves fan. i love them. i'm obsessed with brian mccann, i live near atlanta, i love baseball, and i hate the mets. what a better team than them for me?

i also like the marlins, because they're a nice, cheap, good baseball team, and my grandparents live in florida and i go to see some of their games every once in a while. i like 'em, but i'm not totally sure why.

so there's my extra-long post bragging about myself and my teams.

dfwabel    955

haha love it!

yeah, lewj... i noiced that even though i had been on the board a while, most people were lik referring to me as "him" and stuff like that, and even though it doesn't sound like a big deal, it was just interesting.

panthers: i hate the falcons. i like the city of charlotte. i like their colors (haha, you knew that would come in to play).

suns: shaq is pretty much the coolest guy ever. i have no idea why, but i've just about idolized him since i was little. i also went to phoenix this summer and i liked it a lot.

islanders: i grew up on long island, my dad taught me to be an islanders fan (he also taught me to be a mets fan, but that never worked out, i always hated them).

flyers, eagles, soul: i adore the city of philadelphia. i want to move there after i get out of college, and you know... i just like it.

jackets: i live just north of atlanta. it started out that i liked the jackets just because i hated UGAg. now, i'm probably gonna go there for college (it's free for in-state residents, ya know), and i love their history and traditions, and their gorgeous campus!

braves: i'm huge braves fan. i love them. i'm obsessed with brian mccann, i live near atlanta, i love baseball, and i hate the mets. what a better team than them for me?

i also like the marlins, because they're a nice, cheap, good baseball team, and my grandparents live in florida and i go to see some of their games every once in a while. i like 'em, but i'm not totally sure why.

Sorry, but you I think that you like way too many teams; try to cut that down. Especially if you want to live in Philadelphia after college. That will not work there at all. Since you are going to stay in Georgia under the HOPW Scholarship, where will you go or where would you like to go?

haha love it!

Sorry, but you I think that you like way too many teams; try to cut that down. Especially if you want to live in Philadelphia after college. That will not work there at all. Since you are going to stay in Georgia under the HOPW Scholarship, where will you go or where would you like to go?

:blink:

BB61    9

I'm always amused when someone wants to move here because they like it. Not in a bad way, it's just odd that someone will say... "I want to move to Philly because it's awesome!"

We need more people like you.

Anyway, I don't think it'll be an issue of only liking Philly teams to live in Philly, it's just that you have to dislike certain teams... including (but not limited to) all of the New York area teams, the Penguins, Braves, Sabres, and especially the Cowboys.

Mings    577
I'm always amused when someone wants to move here because they like it. Not in a bad way, it's just odd that someone will say... "I want to move to Philly because it's awesome!"

We need more people like you.

Anyway, I don't think it'll be an issue of only liking Philly teams to live in Philly, it's just that you have to dislike certain teams... including (but not limited to) all of the New York area teams, the Penguins, Braves, Sabres, and especially the Cowboys.

I think there is an unwritten rule that you have to hate Rocky too. One of my classmates is from Philly and I pissed her off one night by playing Eye of the Tiger full blast in studio.

Needless to say, I struck out.

We can talk about ............... but we can talk about hot football players ^_^

I hear enough about Christiano Ronaldo at work...... please not on here.

i meant american football... don't worry, no ronaldo... ^_^

how do you check out an american footballer? i mean they're wearing helmets and are covered in a ridiculous amount of padding. What's there to look at......

Sign in to follow this