Sign in to follow this  
lbr218

Any other girls on this board?

my parents think i'm crazy...

Besides rooting for the Eagles (ew) and Panthers (EW), you're alright. lol.

:P

were both from atlanta so we must be cool... haha

Uggh, you both need some serious professional help if you ask me :D

And just out of fully innocent curiosity here (And thats the 100% truth) what are the ages of the female posting group here?

And just out of fully innocent curiosity here (And thats the 100% truth) what are the ages of the female posting group here?

We'll keep an eye out for you on "To Catch a Predator," Buc. :D

I'm always amused when someone wants to move here because they like it. Not in a bad way, it's just odd that someone will say... "I want to move to Philly because it's awesome!"

We need more people like you.

Anyway, I don't think it'll be an issue of only liking Philly teams to live in Philly, it's just that you have to dislike certain teams... including (but not limited to) all of the New York area teams, the Penguins, Braves, Sabres, and especially the Cowboys.

I think there is an unwritten rule that you have to hate Rocky too. One of my classmates is from Philly and I pissed her off one night by playing Eye of the Tiger full blast in studio.

Needless to say, I struck out.

She must have been from South Jersey. Real Philadelphia women go down within the first 10 seconds of Eye of the Tiger, Going the Distance, and Gonna' Fly Now. Especially if your boxers look like the American flag.

I did not know you were a girl. Wow. haha.

That's kinda cool that there's actually an active female user on these boards.

Just because I get the random bout of PMS the odd time does not make me a girl!!

Oh wait, you weren't talking about me...

haha love it!

yeah, lewj... i noiced that even though i had been on the board a while, most people were lik referring to me as "him" and stuff like that, and even though it doesn't sound like a big deal, it was just interesting.

oh yeah, about the teams that i'm a fan of... here are my reasons

panthers: i hate the falcons. i like the city of charlotte. i like their colors (haha, you knew that would come in to play).

suns: shaq is pretty much the coolest guy ever. i have no idea why, but i've just about idolized him since i was little. i also went to phoenix this summer and i liked it a lot.

islanders: i grew up on long island, my dad taught me to be an islanders fan (he also taught me to be a mets fan, but that never worked out, i always hated them).

flyers, eagles, soul: i adore the city of philadelphia. i want to move there after i get out of college, and you know... i just like it.

jackets: i live just north of atlanta. it started out that i liked the jackets just because i hated UGAg. now, i'm probably gonna go there for college (it's free for in-state residents, ya know), and i love their history and traditions, and their gorgeous campus!

braves: i'm huge braves fan. i love them. i'm obsessed with brian mccann, i live near atlanta, i love baseball, and i hate the mets. what a better team than them for me?

i also like the marlins, because they're a nice, cheap, good baseball team, and my grandparents live in florida and i go to see some of their games every once in a while. i like 'em, but i'm not totally sure why.

so there's my extra-long post bragging about myself and my teams.

Sorry, but you I think that you like way too many teams; try to cut that down. Especially if you want to live in Philadelphia after college. That will not work there at all. Since you are going to stay in Georgia under the HOPW Scholarship, where will you go or where would you like to go?

yeah i know i like too many teams... i just pretty much tell people that i'm a braves, suns, eagles, and isles fan. yes, all over the country but still. i really want to go to brown university, but i won't get in there... my first reallistic choice is franklin and marshall college which is in lancaster, about an hour and a half from philly, but it's too expensive for the parental units. anyway, i don't really care what people think about the teams i like, because it's my own choice, and i don't think anyone should judge me on it. it's no big deal anyway.

We can talk about ............... but we can talk about hot football players ^_^

I hear enough about Christiano Ronaldo at work...... please not on here.

i meant american football... don't worry, no ronaldo... ^_^

how do you check out an american footballer? i mean they're wearing helmets and are covered in a ridiculous amount of padding. What's there to look at......

when they're not wearing padding lol

there is no female posting group here...

im 17. i'm calling chris hansen though... no jk

I did not know you were a girl. Wow. haha.

That's kinda cool that there's actually an active female user on these boards.

Just because I get the random bout of PMS the odd time does not make me a girl!!

Oh wait, you weren't talking about me...

haha love it!

yeah, lewj... i noiced that even though i had been on the board a while, most people were lik referring to me as "him" and stuff like that, and even though it doesn't sound like a big deal, it was just interesting.

oh yeah, about the teams that i'm a fan of... here are my reasons

panthers: i hate the falcons. i like the city of charlotte. i like their colors (haha, you knew that would come in to play).

suns: shaq is pretty much the coolest guy ever. i have no idea why, but i've just about idolized him since i was little. i also went to phoenix this summer and i liked it a lot.

islanders: i grew up on long island, my dad taught me to be an islanders fan (he also taught me to be a mets fan, but that never worked out, i always hated them).

flyers, eagles, soul: i adore the city of philadelphia. i want to move there after i get out of college, and you know... i just like it.

jackets: i live just north of atlanta. it started out that i liked the jackets just because i hated UGAg. now, i'm probably gonna go there for college (it's free for in-state residents, ya know), and i love their history and traditions, and their gorgeous campus!

braves: i'm huge braves fan. i love them. i'm obsessed with brian mccann, i live near atlanta, i love baseball, and i hate the mets. what a better team than them for me?

i also like the marlins, because they're a nice, cheap, good baseball team, and my grandparents live in florida and i go to see some of their games every once in a while. i like 'em, but i'm not totally sure why.

so there's my extra-long post bragging about myself and my teams.

I'm always amused when someone wants to move here because they like it. Not in a bad way, it's just odd that someone will say... "I want to move to Philly because it's awesome!"

We need more people like you.

Anyway, I don't think it'll be an issue of only liking Philly teams to live in Philly, it's just that you have to dislike certain teams... including (but not limited to) all of the New York area teams, the Penguins, Braves, Sabres, and especially the Cowboys.

It also wouldn't hurt to round out your dislike of anything non-Eagle in the NFC East by not liking the Redskins.

Also, develop a dislike for the Celtics. Granted, this one died down once the Sixers and Celtics stopped being relevant in the NBA Eastern Conference, but the Philly/Boston distaste can definitely rekindle. It's what made Iverson throwing on a Bill Russell throwback even all the more sacrilegious.

And feel free to get your free education in Georgia and take it back up to the Philadelphia area. It will help in staving off the droves of college graduates who get their education in one of the many institutions of higher learning in Philadelphia and its immediate vicinity, only to go back to where they came from after graduation.

Ooh - and while composing this I see you mentioned an inkling towards F&M. Good friend of mine did undergrad there. Cousin of mine started there but for various reasons didn't finish. Neither speaks super-highly of the place today. Just saying is all.

CHRIS HANSEN!!!!! OHHHH NOOOOO!!!!!!!

CHRIS HANSEN!!!!! OHHHH NOOOOO!!!!!!!

i love south park :D

chrrriiisssss haaaannnsssooonn

I'm thinking your dad didn't teach you well enough to be an Islanders fan. If he did you would never root for the Flyers. The thought of it would make you sick.

We can talk about ............... but we can talk about hot football players ^_^

how do you check out an american footballer? i mean they're wearing helmets and are covered in a ridiculous amount of padding. What's there to look at......

That's so true.

But, it's not like we all don't know what Tom Brady looks like, right?

A lot of them have lives outside of football wether it be because of acting careers or stetson ads, or even because of people magazine.

I'm thinking your dad didn't teach you well enough to be an Islanders fan. If he did you would never root for the Flyers. The thought of it would make you sick.

i guess he didn't... but hes also a redskins and mets fan... while im an eagles and braves fan... rivalries!! it doesn't really matter though... im starting to think now that i shouldn't have started this topic, because now i feel like an idiot. but i'm not changing which teams i root for because of what you guys say...

That's so true.

A lot of them have lives outside of football wether it be because of acting careers or stetson ads, or even because of people magazine.

people magazine ---> tony romo

he's always in it... carrie underwood and jessica simpson

That's so true.

hell romo spent more time in gossip magazines than he did in the nfl playoffs.

don't worry about the teams you like. people just like to give ya a hard time but its in good fun. just don't root for anything boston or the Yankees. because they are the devil and they aren't from Jersey either playing in east rutherford.. :D

That's so true.

I couldn't tell you what Tom Brady looks like. But then again I know why I don't know.

It's not soccer, rugby, Aussie Rules where you can properly look at a player unobstructed by padding or helmets....... what I'm getting at, when do their jobs that everyone sees, gridiron players aren't easy to look at.

i meant american football... don't worry, no ronaldo.

That's so true.

hell romo spent more time in gossip magazines than he did in the nfl playoffs.

don't worry about the teams you like. people just like to give ya a hard time but its in good fun. just don't root for anything boston or the Yankees. because they are the devil and they aren't from Jersey either playing in east rutherford.

thank you for being nice :-)

don't worry... i HATE all boston teams and always have. :puke:

I'm 15. Anybody makes one move and I'll kill ya.

Uggh, you both need some serious professional help if you ask me

I'm 15. Anybody makes one move and I'll kill ya.

O wait, you're a girl too?

-clicks user name and sees pink thingy-

Oh. Woopz. :P

But yeah, lbr, it's a good thing that you dislike Boston. Had you came on this board repping Boston's teams, you would've gotten all that ribbing still, but it wouldn't have been that good natured, "ha ha, jokey jokes" ribbing. It would've been that "ha ha, I dislike you with a passion" ribbing. :P

Probably? You should know by now if you'll be attending the North Avenue Trade School or not. And since Tech is not known for partying, you should be able to stay on top of your studies.

You'll get a real college experience in Athens....just sayin'....

Sign in to follow this