2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A coupla new unis in action last night in Billings:

gallery_photo.jpg

It's weird because I was watching sportscenter and one the guys was saying if he didn't know if this was the Knicks or the Thunder/ he couldn't tell the difference. It's funny because he also said he wouldn't be able to tell the difference because of their records. :D

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

A coupla new unis in action last night in Billings:

gallery_photo.jpg

It's weird because I was watching sportscenter and one the guys was saying if he didn't know if this was the Knicks or the Thunder/ he couldn't tell the difference. It's funny because he also said he wouldn't be able to tell the difference because of their records. :D

That's interesting. Until now I'd heard the comparisons to the Thunder unis and Golden State, but the color combo does bear a stronger resemblance to the Knicks. Not sure why it took me this long to realize that.

The Nets-Heat game in Paris this afternoon had both teams sporting event patches on their uniforms.

They were circles with a basketball inside, its sections colored blue-white-red (like the French flag).

Pictures (hopefully) to come.

The Nets-Heat game in Paris this afternoon had both teams sporting event patches on their uniforms.

They were circles with a basketball inside, its sections colored blue-white-red (like the French flag).

Pictures (hopefully) to come.

6570bc8a21ad665179d3cc50a02fbec0-getty-82176152nb016_nets_heat.jpg

r617086471.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I wanted to post these but I don't they were worthy of a separate post, so I'll put them here...

The Pacers Tribute Game at The Pepsi Coliseum

163438.jpg

Rush, Williams, McRoberts, Baston, Jack in throwbacks... terrible lineup by the way (I know it was only preseason, but why?)

163416.jpg

Slick Leonard did the tip, the NBA didn't let them use the ball after the tip though...

163419.jpg

And he coached the first quarter...

163422.jpg

And Mike Dunleavy wore a stupid 70's suit...

That is all...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

With a few exhibition games in the books I have a few thoughts:

(1) Minnesota's new sets look AWESOME

(2) The Kings . . . not so much

(3) I'm disappointed with New Orlean's look. Looked better on paper and in press release stuff. Kinda gross in action. Hopefully the homes will be better.

(4) Thunder actually look better than Sac and NO (away) imo. But thats not saying much.

(1) Minnesota's new sets look AWESOME

(2) The Kings . . . not so much

(3) I'm disappointed with New Orlean's look. Looked better on paper and in press release stuff. Kinda gross in action. Hopefully the homes will be better.

(4) Thunder actually look better than Sac and NO (away) imo. But thats not saying much.

I wanted to post these but I don't they were worthy of a separate post, so I'll put them here...

The Pacers Tribute Game at The Pepsi Coliseum

163438.jpg

Rush, Williams, McRoberts, Baston, Jack in throwbacks... terrible lineup by the way (I know it was only preseason, but why?)

163416.jpg

Slick Leonard did the tip, the NBA didn't let them use the ball after the tip though...

163419.jpg

And he coached the first quarter...

163422.jpg

And Mike Dunleavy wore a stupid 70's suit...

That is all...

What era/year are those Pacers uniforms from?

Hornets played the Warriors at home Sunday night. Here are some action shots:

HORNETS1.JPGHORNETS2.JPG

HORNETS3.JPGHORNETS4.JPG

IMHO, the homes do look good, and I am in agreement with you in that I'm no fan of the aways. The white pinstripes mess it up for me.

Luckily, I'll only have to see them on TV. ^_^

It is what it is.

Hornets played the Warriors at home Sunday night. Here are some action shots:

HORNETS1.JPGHORNETS2.JPG

HORNETS3.JPGHORNETS4.JPG

IMHO, the homes do look good, and I am in agreement with you in that I'm no fan of the aways. The white pinstripes mess it up for me.

Luckily, I'll only have to see them on TV. ^_^

I second or third (??? :therock: )that.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

around '61-62 season if im not mistaken...

The Pacers didn't come to be until the 1967-1968 season.

aye cap'n

i suppose they are the 6'7-68 jerseys then...they wore them last season to commemorate 40 yrs of the franchise, i suppose i should have logicked that one out a bit more ;)

also, b-rich, yes those nola homes look great in action, might have to buy me a CP3 uni.

around '61-62 season if im not mistaken...

The Pacers didn't come to be until the 1967-1968 season.

aye cap'n

i suppose they are the 6'7-68 jerseys then...they wore them last season to commemorate 40 yrs of the franchise, i suppose i should have logicked that one out a bit more ;)

also, b-rich, yes those nola homes look great in action, might have to buy me a CP3 uni.

Man, it's just not your day to deal with nit-pickers. They wore them during 2006-07 as a Hardwood Classic, but you're right in that they're from their first season in the ABA (1967-68).

Archived