Jersey city stating possible nhl jersey rumors

Puckguy14

This is driectly from the Jersey City newsletter I received today:  

2003 - 2004 NHL Rumors

While nothing has been confirmed as of yet, here are a few things you might see next year in the NHL:

1. All white" jerseys worn as road jerseys and "dark" jerseys worn at home games.

2. Phoenix introducing a brand new home and road jersey, and scrapping their third jersey.

3. Calgary Flames making changes to their dark jersey (will become their home), and they will be introducing a third jersey.

4. Florida changing their red and their navy jersey

Stay tuned for the confirmations.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Hello Coyote head only Phoenix jerseys!  I'm thinking the Flames will throw the 'C' back on their dark jerseys... I have the White 'C' on black background on my NHL Logos page i linked to in an earlier thread (I scanned that image from the 2002 NHL Style Guide)

Have no idea what the Panthers are planning, maybe swapping alt and primary jersey logos... who knows

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This makes me again raise the question of "What is the current Phoenix primary logo?"  If they're planning on putting it on the jerseys next year and are already using it all over their website, has it become the primary already?  I wish someone at PhoenixCoyotes.com would fix their email.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers' switch was as simple as changing the blues to the primary roads and reds to alternate.

All of their promotional material down here is blue and yellow, their 10th anniversary logo is blue and yellow, and I noticed that all of the photos in this year's program were of players in either the home jerseys or blue thirds (that might be because they take pics only at home -- the Panthers were wearing their thirds tonight and also did on opening night.)

Personally, I hope that's not the case -- I like the red.

The Panthers red jersey is way better than their blue one.  The blue one is just lazy as far as third jerseys go.  (Which I could also say about Chicago's, but Chicago's is perfect and fits naturally with the team.)

The Maple Leafs should get a blue third.  The one from 1992 was great, only this time give it the striping from the current third.  (For such a great third, they only wear it 9 times a season, as opposed to 15 times for all the other third jerseys)

One one main beef I have with the whole thing is the Senators logo on the home jersey is better than the one on the other jerseys.  I don't mind them using the 3D logo, but the original logo is much better.  I'm hoping that they'll put the original logo on the front of the third jersey.  They would rule.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Just for the benefit of my untrained eye, Roger, what makes the Panthers' red jersey so much better than the blue and what makes the blue 'lazy'?

I know the blue has the breaking stick logo.... and it also seems to put more of an emphasis on the yellow instead of white as a secondary color. The striping seems off on the red jersey to me, but I still like it better than the blues.

Of course, I bought a white one, which I like better than all of them. Too bad its a road jersey now. Oh well, I got a few more games to be accurate and I guess I really don't care if I 'match' after that.

Archived