Sign in to follow this  
DEAD!

Bolt Bolts to new World Record

How fast is that at that speed?

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

and then somehow work our how far in an hour, its fast

Watched it on tv...insane pace considering his better race is the 200m.

Watched it on tv...insane pace considering his better race is the 200m.

Actually I think his top race is the 400m, which makes it even more surprising.

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

OK, someone check my math on this ...

9.72 s / 100 m = 97.2 s / 1 km ... so if there are 3,600 s / hr, then 3,600 / 97.2 = 37.037 km/hr (average speed)

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

9.72 s / 100 m = 97.2 s / 1 km ... so if there are 3,600 s / hr, then 3,600 / 97.2 = 37.037 km/hr (average speed)

.... divide that by 1.6km/1 mile, you have 23.148 miles/hour.

So how long until the drug test come back or is he on a new not yet detectable drug?

I can't take any track and field record seriously.

So how long until the drug test come back or is he on a new not yet detectable drug?

I was thinking the same thing

I was gonna say something in response to that. But there's way too many American's on here.

I remember the 9.79 that Ben Johnson (or at least I think it was him) set back in the 80's, and just going, "Damn..." Even though later we learned that the mark was tainted, it was still interesting to think that the human body was capable of going that fast under its own power.

You know what? Juiced or not (and I'm not condoning nor advocating it here), I'd like to see a 9.72. Just to see it. Is it legitimate if he doped? No. But it'd still be worth investing 15 seconds of my life to see.

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

Well, yes, that's true, except there's no way anyone could maintain that pace for an entire kilometer or an hour. The math is interesting, but not exactly applicable to much of anything.

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

Well, yes, that's true, except there's no way anyone could maintain that pace for an entire kilometer or an hour. The math is interesting, but not exactly applicable to much of anything.

Well.... duh.... :rolleyes:^_^

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

That's why I tried to qualify it with the "average speed" tack-on. It's quite possible that he was going slower than that at the start and faster than that at the finish. It is true that he couldn't maintain the pace for very long, but to think that, for those 100m, he would have been breaking the speed limit for automobiles in a school zone is a little mind-boggling.

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

That's why I tried to qualify it with the "average speed" tack-on. It's quite possible that he was going slower than that at the start and faster than that at the finish. It is true that he couldn't maintain the pace for very long, but to think that, for those 100m, he would have been breaking the speed limit for automobiles in a school zone is a little mind-boggling.

I wonder if he would be arrested on my street? The speed limit is 30km/h.

9.72 *10 (to equal a km)

23.148 mph = 37.253 km, then yes, he would be breaking the speed limit at some point.

Look, the point of all of this is that it proves that smoking weed might actually improve your athletic performance. :P

They actually arrest speeders where you live? I thought that was just a ticketing offense. Now, if Bolt ran a 9.72 100m while drunk, that would be another matter.

They actually arrest speeders where you live? I thought that was just a ticketing offense. Now, if Bolt ran a 9.72 100m while drunk, that would be another matter.

You're right, it was a bad choice of words on my part. Although you can get arrested for speeding 50 km/h over the speed limit, it's a new law to cut down on street racing. You also get your car impounded.