Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

11,090 posts in this topic

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Spicoli truly was a modern day philosopher.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High also floats my boat. Especially the two nude scenes. The blond chick's was hotter, the other was funnier.

You're rating the Jennifer Jason Leigh scene ahead of the Phoebe Cates scene? Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but I think you may be in the very distinct minority on this one.

I'm with I_S on this one. I've been a huge JJL fan since that movie.

1 person likes this

Road head.

What?

Schuylkill Expressway... PM rush hour. I never appreciated a traffic delay like I did that day.

She even paid for dinner once we got to Tangerine.

I miss that one :cry:

Sounds like you should have married that one.

Yes, unfortunately I've thought the same thing at least a couple of times a day, every day for the past three years. Quite possibly the biggest mistake I've ever made.

:(

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Spicoli truly was a modern day philosopher.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High also floats my boat. Especially the two nude scenes. The blond chick's was hotter, the other was funnier.

You're rating the Jennifer Jason Leigh scene ahead of the Phoebe Cates scene? Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but I think you may be in the very distinct minority on this one.

I'm with I_S on this one. I've been a huge JJL fan since that movie.

By no means I am suggesting that there is anything wrong with Jennifer Jason Leigh. Far from it, IMHO. However, watching the Phoebe Cates scene has become an almost an iconic rite of passage for American males. I don't think JJL can touch that. [insert bad Judge Reinhold "touching" pun here].

1 person likes this

First and foremost, my wife and kids.

Detroit Tigers baseball floats my boat. Hell, baseball in general does. Going to games, watching on tv, and especially listening to games on the radio. Baseball is scientific poetry played on a beautiful surface during a wonderful season. Baseball is just plain beautiful.

1 person likes this

Damn, did I forget to say "wife"? Please amend my response to say, "My wife and kids." Thank you.

1 person likes this

Detroit Tigers baseball floats my boat. Hell, baseball in general does. Going to games, watching on tv, and especially listening to games on the radio. Baseball is scientific poetry played on a beautiful surface during a wonderful season. Baseball is just plain beautiful.

Amen, baseball floats my boat as well, love the atmosphere, love watching the game, just everything about it is beautiful, the crack of the bat, the sun(April and May and October). Plus the Tigers are doing well. The fact i'm having twins also floats my boat, the fact I can take them to the game, man oh man am I excited. Btw Girls names are going to be Lucy and Maribella

The first few minutes after a long day at work float my boat. When you just get home and realize that you are farthest away from the grind is magical.

The first few minutes after a long day at work float my boat. When you just get home and realize that you are farthest away from the grind is magical.

Jesus! Do you work at a steel mill? That was depressing. Enjoy those minutes, man. You earned them.

Jesus! Do you work at a steel mill?

He's a maniac. A maniac, on the floor.

:D That was cute.

the beach

music

attractive females

my bike

football

baseball

hockey

soccer

movies

maybe some steaks

I enjoy:

lounging

doing nothing

playing hockey

watching hockey

Baseball

playing catch

shooting baskets in my backyard. Relaxing

watching a really good movie

spending time with my dad's brothers

taking a nap after work or practice

hot chicks

hanging out with friends at a small quiet get-together. Crowded parties with music so loud you can't talk to anyone is not my idea of a good time.

I can only imagine Ben getting splashed by water

I'm trying very hard not to.

This floats Gary's boat.

This floats Gary's boat.

Only when bored :P:blink:

This floats Gary's boat.

Only when bored :P:blink:

Wow guys. Creepy. Actually, for the next month my job will mainly be doing laundry, sorting through shirts and girdles and football pants, and chilling at the computer when there is nothing else to do.

Nothing makes me happier than kicking back with family and good friends and catching a baseball game. Wether it's on TV while eating my mom's cooking or my dad's BBQ, at a big Major league stadium sitting in the bleachers yapping it up with all sorts of different fans, a run down minor league park trying to see who's gonna be the next big thing, or even a high school game watching some old friends if that's what it is. I also love turning on the TV on Sunday and finding out that this is the one week that the Bucs are actually on TV :P

When I get to the bottom of a web page and I want to go back up, clicking and holding the middle scroll wheel and making a circular motion as I point the mouse upwards as to "crank" my way up the page.

My family/friends

My 22" LCD screen (and PC in general)

My small business (now 3 years and running)

My Argos (going to the home opener tomorrow!)

My paycheque

My family's Altima

My PS2 (never gets old)