Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

10,796 posts in this topic

Going to Los Angeles and staying at my Aunt's house which is literally across the street from the Loyola Marymount campus. I will also be going to San Diego, to see a Padres game. Maybe I will see Kevin there. :P People in California don't realize how nice hey have it. :D

Going to Los Angeles and staying at my Aunt's se which is literally across the street from the Loyola Marymount campus. I will also be going to San Diego, to see a Padres game. Maybe I will see Kevin there. :P

Have fun across from the alma mater ^_^

Going to Los Angeles and staying at my Aunt's se which is literally across the street from the Loyola Marymount campus. I will also be going to San Diego, to see a Padres game. Maybe I will see Kevin there. :P

Have fun across from the alma mater ^_^

Yeah haha.

Just bought an up north cottage on a lake!

I got a call that I have a job (at least until the end of the year)!

I done finally got to get out the midwest! (Helps that my rig + trailer's done held up thus far, also.)

Other than some runs into New Jersey, one in Connecticut and one down to Florida, all during my apprenticeship, I've been steadily stuck running the midwest region (and immediate south--Kentucky, Tennessee, northern Alabama) since jumping onboard the truck. Yesterday, I got the call I've been waiting for...the long-distance run.

Started my week in Columbus, OH Sunday night; Monday, I had a pickup in some off-the-radar little half-a-town called Logan, going up to Chicago, which is where I was most of yesterday...half the load dropped on the south side, half the load dropped on the north side; my next pickup was on the west side. (Yeah...loooots of fun playing around up and down I-90/94 and I-55). That load, which I'm under right now, delivers to...Houston, to which I'm en route now. Long runs = $$$, and after all those short midwest runs that don't pay much, I really needed this. Gets better...I may end up getting to spend the weekend out in Austin if the loads plan out right (read: scouting out possible new place to live), not to mention I may get to run more of the west next week, which is what I'd been hoping for ever since I started.

My ex girlfriend, a very big Columbus Blue Jackets fan, learned all about Jeff Carter today. It's now her personal mission to sleep with him.

I'm rooting for her just so I can say that I'm Eskimo brothers with Jeff Carter.

The real boat floater is that she's moved on and me and her are in a place where we can talk like adults without wanting to kill and/or :censored: each other. This new relationship is much healthier for both of us.

My ex girlfriend, a very big Columbus Blue Jackets fan, learned all about Jeff Carter today. It's now her personal mission to sleep with him.

I'm rooting for her just so I can say that I'm Eskimo brothers with Jeff Carter.

The real boat floater is that she's moved on and me and her are in a place where we can talk like adults without wanting to kill and/or :censored: each other. This new relationship is much healthier for both of us.

With the way I heard he parties, she might not have much of a conquest.

Thanks! I was gonna make that into a shirt for Friday's game in Baltimore, but I opted to do one of my Howie Kendrick illustration instead.

On the counter when I got home....

Kendrick_Shirt.jpg

Edit: Even more t-shirt boat floating! I discovered that The Fat Boys have a website with 50% off merchandise! I think I need to make a purchase. As one of few people who actually owns and enjoys The Disorderlies, I think I'm obligated to get one of these:

Screenshot2011-07-20at93629PM.png or Screenshot2011-07-20at93653PM.png

I done finally got to get out the midwest! (Helps that my rig + trailer's done held up thus far, also.)

Other than some runs into New Jersey, one in Connecticut and one down to Florida, all during my apprenticeship, I've been steadily stuck running the midwest region (and immediate south--Kentucky, Tennessee, northern Alabama) since jumping onboard the truck. Yesterday, I got the call I've been waiting for...the long-distance run.

Started my week in Columbus, OH Sunday night; Monday, I had a pickup in some off-the-radar little half-a-town called Logan, going up to Chicago, which is where I was most of yesterday...half the load dropped on the south side, half the load dropped on the north side; my next pickup was on the west side. (Yeah...loooots of fun playing around up and down I-90/94 and I-55). That load, which I'm under right now, delivers to...Houston, to which I'm en route now. Long runs = $$$, and after all those short midwest runs that don't pay much, I really needed this. Gets better...I may end up getting to spend the weekend out in Austin if the loads plan out right (read: scouting out possible new place to live), not to mention I may get to run more of the west next week, which is what I'd been hoping for ever since I started.

I've driven by Logan about 100 times on my way to Athens (the home of Ohio University) and never stopped there once. Based on the people I know from Logan, I don't think I need to ever take a visit.

Probably not, unless you're in the need for some clay pipe or other clay products. Far as I can tell, that's the town's chief export.

A picture of me is in "Inside Pitch", the free magazine at the Rays games. It's the part with Rays fans around the globe. I'm pretty sure it's this one.

284925_2141812059292_1065919663_2462471_2442277_n.jpg

I've driven by Logan about 100 times on my way to Athens (the home of Ohio University) and never stopped there once. Based on the people I know from Logan, I don't think I need to ever take a visit.

I recently spent some time out in the Logan area at the end of May with some friends. The area to the west of Logan (and US33 in that area) is known as Hocking Hills and there are a lot of cabins and state parks and suchlike out there. Cell phones didn't work too well and there was no internet where we were, but that was kind of nice. We hiked, checked out "Old Man's Cave" which turned out to be a huge gorge as opposed to a single cave, and went ziplining. Otherwise, we drank a bit, cooked out and generally had a good time.

As for Logan itself, it's like any other small Ohio town. It's got a post office, an old downtown that not much happens in anymore, a ton of historical markers speaking to a time when it was more than it is now, a Walmart* and a McDonald's. Buc, you were about an hour and twenty minutes away from me when you were there :)

A picture of me is in "Inside Pitch", the free magazine at the Rays games. It's the part with Rays fans around the globe. I'm pretty sure it's this one.

+1 fellow ginger.

I recently spent some time out in the Logan area at the end of May with some friends. The area to the west of Logan (and US33 in that area) is known as Hocking Hills and there are a lot of cabins and state parks and suchlike out there. Cell phones didn't work too well and there was no internet where we were, but that was kind of nice. We hiked, checked out "Old Man's Cave" which turned out to be a huge gorge as opposed to a single cave, and went ziplining. Otherwise, we drank a bit, cooked out and generally had a good time.

As for Logan itself, it's like any other small Ohio town. It's got a post office, an old downtown that not much happens in anymore, a ton of historical markers speaking to a time when it was more than it is now, a Walmart* and a McDonald's. Buc, you were about an hour and twenty minutes away from me when you were there :)

I never thought to count Old Man's cave as part of Logan. Then yes I have been to Logan. I've been canoeing on the hocking river several times, but never ventured to downtown Logan.

I never thought to count Old Man's cave as part of Logan. Then yes I have been to Logan. I've been canoeing on the hocking river several times, but never ventured to downtown Logan.

I don't even think I'd call it part of Logan as much as Logan is a part of that whole Hocking Hills area: Nelsonville, Logan, Hocking State Forest, etc. We didn't spend any time in Logan itself. I just missed my exit on US33, went one too far and then went back south down through Logan to get to the right exit. I'd never seen the town before, so I figured I'd go for a drive. Ha. ^_^

^ You didn't miss mich, far as I could tell. :P

I'm not sure whether to take this as a boat floater or a gear grinder...but for some odd reason, it's hotter up in the midwest than it is down here in Texas. I was in Chicago Tuesday, and I mean it was ba-lazing up there. A day and a half later I'm down in Houston, where it's still hot...but nowhere near what it was in Illinois. (At one point last week, temps reached up into the 120s while I was up there. With humidity. It don't get that bad back home in Florida.)

Anyway, at least I'm still down here in Texas. Could be down here/out west for a while, so I'm pretty happy about that. Money's a bit better out this way than up in the midwest (corn)basket.

Finally seeing the orthopedist after my knee-on-knee collision and finding out there's no new damage to my knee.

Still a bit of pain but glad I didn't :censored: it up more or even creating a new issue.

Just got off the phone with the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes. My son's t-ball team (which I manage) will be running with the Quakes as they take the field on 7/23. Bonus: Post-game fireworks.

Even better is that I haven't told the kids yet. ^_^

...adding on to this. Quakes night with the team was fantastic. The kids got autographed balls from the players they ran out on the field with and overall had a great night watching all the minor league antics/post-game fireworks.

Bonus: my best friend's nephew was honored at the game for his military service and I saw most of my second family there. Sadly, he passed away 9 months ago in Afghanistan (RIP RJP).

THE NFL IS BACK!