Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

11,048 posts in this topic

Severe or Strong thunder storms. Here in Florida you get at least two a week between late June and August. We had one last night. Thunder storms are really cool. I also have a sick love affair with hurricanes. Of course a direct hit on the island would mean an island underwater. Close calls are the way to go. It's fun to see the high rough surf. It is also fun driving/walking around during the high winds. Like i said, close calls only.

Wouldn't a strong storm "sink" your boat, rather than float it, as the topic tile suggests?

A new band you love, or a great album from a current favorite is like finding a diamond.

On that note I'll give you one better.

That one song on your iPod/CD that you've passed up numerous amounts of times for whatever reason (You either just don't like the beginning or you're rushing to another song that you like) that you finally decide to listen to and find out that it's simply amazing. I love that feeling.

Severe or Strong thunder storms. Here in Florida you get at least two a week between late June and August. We had one last night. Thunder storms are really cool. I also have a sick love affair with hurricanes. Of course a direct hit on the island would mean an island underwater. Close calls are the way to go. It's fun to see the high rough surf. It is also fun driving/walking around during the high winds. Like i said, close calls only.

Im just about the same. Its funny considering I was completely terrified of even the smallest storm as a small child.

In my opinion, storms with plenty of lightning are the way to go, even if they are very dangerous.

Terrential rainfall would be cool, especially because since I live on a hill it causes my street to become a waterfall...but consdiering the three rivers and many creeks we have 'round here and the damage caused around them in the huge floods the past 4 years, its not so cool.

However, if winds get above 60 or theres a tornado watch/warning...forget it. Ill dern near have a heart attack and be glued to the weather channel.

I also love snow. Lots of it. Anything from enough to cover the grass to whiteout conditions. And the cold. I like it cold.

Its best when its a sudden storm that piles up, say, half a foot or more. Enough to cancel school. Enough that you can almost skate backwards like a hockey defenseman in the street.

I've come up with a few more:

- A good slice of pizza, probably with mushrooms

- Rogue Dead Guy Ale on tap

- Air conditioning...they need to find a way to air condition outside :D

- Making others laugh

- Kickass t-shirts. I think the Thunder Dan shirt got me a compliment every minute at the bar.

- Sunflower seeds...is it weird that when I watch baseball or play a baseball videogame, I have a cheek full of seeds and drink gatorade? It's all a part of the game for me

- The feeling I got once I copied all 11 gigs of iTunes music from my old Dell to my new Macbook Pro.

Until I think of more, this'll do.

To me, thunderstorms are quite fascinating. It's such an amazing sight to fly on a plane that just happens to go around and above a storm and see lighting bolts from above.

One thing I love doing is getting on my bicycle and ride around on a clear, warm, but not too humid morning on a path along a lake or river.

Being on Lake Erie on a boat with wifi for fourth of July weekend literally floats my boat. I just got back and it was a great time. I wish I could do it more often.

I've come up with a few more:

- A good slice of pizza, probably with mushrooms

- Rogue Dead Guy Ale on tap

- Air conditioning...they need to find a way to air condition outside :D

- Making others laugh

- Kickass t-shirts. I think the Thunder Dan shirt got me a compliment every minute at the bar.

- Sunflower seeds...is it weird that when I watch baseball or play a baseball videogame, I have a cheek full of seeds and drink gatorade? It's all a part of the game for me

- The feeling I got once I copied all 11 gigs of iTunes music from my old Dell to my new Macbook Pro.

Until I think of more, this'll do.

Found this one at Goodwill the other day.

pala.1.jpg

My new dentist is FINE. I really had an urge to flirt with her, but I doubt that'd work out, her being a decade and a half older than I. :P

My new dentist is FINE. I really had an urge to flirt with her, but I doubt that'd work out, her being a decade and a half older than I. :P

Actually, I'd say that actually improves your chances tremendously. Seriously.

Unless you gots you some rotten choppers - remember, she's already been up in yo' grill.

Buffalo wings. I went to a wing it last night and pigged out. It is hard to screw it wings.

Unless you gots you some rotten choppers - remember, she's already been up in yo' grill.

Eh, I've had a nice amount of success within my own age bracket, I'm not 'bout to stray from my comfort zone. lol.

I'm not worried about my teeth though. No cavities, no problems.

-Playin' cards on the back deck.

-Grillin'

-Cold soda while grillin'

-Some rock n' roll on the radio while grillin'

Eh, I've had a nice amount of success within my own age bracket, I'm not 'bout to stray from my comfort zone. lol.

I'm not worried about my teeth though. No cavities, no problems.

On the flip side,

Mo cavities, mo problems.

More

- Cold weather - I just like layers. I'm a guy who sweats easily and the summer and spring make me hot. I don't like to be hot, I do however like to be warm as in bundled up in the winter protected from the cold wind and snow warm. I love that. Plus I think my winter wardrobe lends itself much more to my personal tastes than my summer gear. I don't know if I could live somewhere without a cold winter.

- Cheeseburgers

losing weight/finding my abs again - I ate too many cheeseburgers when I went away to college

- a solid spontaneous nap - I love laying on the couch and all of a sudden you fall asleep and wake up 45 minutes later. If feels awesome, its like a legal natural high.

- when your team delivers and plays exactly the way you want

- when you sit down to draw something and it comes out exactly as you pictured if not better

- cake

- when things go as planned

- live sports

- discovering a new favorite song/band

More

- Cold weather - I just like layers. I'm a guy who sweats easily and the summer and spring make me hot. I don't like to be hot, I do however like to be warm as in bundled up in the winter protected from the cold wind and snow warm. I love that. Plus I think my winter wardrobe lends itself much more to my personal tastes than my summer gear. I don't know if I could live somewhere without a cold winter.

I'm the exact same way, except I don't have a sweat issue. I just like jackets over shirts over Ts, sweaters over shirts, etc. Not that I don't look fine in the summer, but my tastes in dress are far more suited for late fall / winter.

Things that float my boat (greatest to lesser buoyancy):

Having a good time with my friends

Cute girls

Playing soccer

Good music

Playing Xbox 360 (COD4, GH3)

Watching football

Again, I've brought more...

- Watching movies that I've seen 1,000 times, but am not at all sick of (Lebowski, Home Alone, Disorderlies, Major League, Tommy Boy, Dumb & Dumber etc.)

- Taco Bell....yeah, I love that hardly good enough for human consumption beef

- Reading through the CCSLC Apprentice threads. I love seeing how they solve the problems at hand. I'm kinda upset I missed out on it, although, at the time, I didn't think I'd have the time to do it. Great job, fellas.

- Boozin'...and going to the liquor store. It's like a candy store, except I'm looking for what might get me drunk enough to rap some Public Enemy or LL Cool J.

- My case of Big League Chew

- Spanish chicks

- YouTubin'

- Watching movies that I've seen 1,000 times, but am not at all sick of (Lebowski, Home Alone, Disorderlies, Major League, Tommy Boy, Dumb & Dumber etc.)

Did I read that right?

Did I read that right?

Yep.

I actually meant to put Home Alone 2 because I do like that'n better, but I like the first a lot as well. If either one's on, you bet I'll watch it.

Edit: My new t-shirt makes me pretty happy, although deciding which'n I wanted was pure hell.

Sorry for the quality of the image...it's dark in my room, and I used the Photobooth on my macbook

Photo3.jpg

I couldn't decide between this'n, a navy Beasties with the diamond logo, a red P.E. with the logo, a black Tribe with yellow and pink circle logo, or a gray Wu-Tang with a green W. There were about 10 other options, but I limited it to those. I'll be back in that store soon enough.

Chinese super buffets!

There is one I hit up a couple of times a month. I don't go just to satisfy my hunger. I go to eat myself stupid. Right now if you were to ask me what 2+2= I would say Frankfort.