Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

10,692 posts in this topic

Booked my airfare and hotel for Montreal!

7 hours ago, charger77 said:

Booked my airfare and hotel for Montreal!

Whereas I have my airfare/hotel booked for Toronto via Detroit.  Going to stay one night in Detroit for a game at Comerica and probably grab dinner in Greektown then taking the train to Toronto the next day from Windsor.

And if schedules hold up, my wife and I will get to meet up with our benevolent dictator.

Nothing is set in stone yet but I was just nominated to lead lectures on WWI, WWII and The Cold War in Germany this summer. I find out if I am selected in about a month. 

Double Post

16 hours ago, LMU said:

Whereas I have my airfare/hotel booked for Toronto via Detroit.  Going to stay one night in Detroit for a game at Comerica and probably grab dinner in Greektown then taking the train to Toronto the next day from Windsor.

And if schedules hold up, my wife and I will get to meet up with our benevolent dictator.

We're flying out of Windsor instead of Detroit due to cost and convenience. We'll have an hour and a half layover in Toronto

I think I'm going:

1 person likes this

The NFL network just showed an interview with Panthers head coach Ron Rivera, and it was conducted on the front porch of his "summer home" in Lake Tahoe. He owns a condo in the same complex as my family. They even showed pictures of him and his family renting out the paddle wheeler called the Tahoe Queen, which is a boat I used to work on. Neat! 

2+ feet of snow and 40 mph winds this weekend, and I somehow didn't lose power.

Granted, I had to spend my birthday weekend inside, but I was really expecting to not have power on top of it.

nothing now, the water as turned to ice.  

i know go sit in the corner.  

My calendar said it is Australia Day today, which gave me an excuse to look up famous Aussie hurdler Michelle Jenneke.

(Nothing NSFW in the link... Just her Wiki profile)

Also, this:

¡ʎɐp ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ʎddɐɥ!

Storming the court last night was really fun. If you have 20 seconds, watch this clip from my alma mater's win last night. They played against Sheridan High School, the school that went viral with their baby-being-born free throw distraction video. 

Starting a new job in downtown Cincinnati in a week and a half! I can't wait to work downtown and do something that excites me, but It's going to be really hard to leave the people I've worked with over the past three years.

Today is my birthday. That almost always floats my boat.

Today, I left work, went home, got a haircut and went for groceries, and I was home by 6:15. it may not seem like such a big deal, but flash back 5 months to my old job, and I was lucky to get out of work before 9pm after starting my day at 8am. That place was a depressing mess, and I couldn't be happier that I left.

My family and I are currently watching the Thunder-Warriors game. My sister, who has no interest in uniform aesthetics whatsoever, saw these uniforms:image.jpeg.e77efde98bdf03267299b4c77cde8image.thumb.jpeg.e15e5155f1c89f965a8dc63and said, "Those uniforms are EW!" 

I always appreciate when someone shows at least a sliver of love (or hate) for uniforms. 

Last weekend some friends and I made a trip to Munich in Germany. The main draw for us was to see a Red Bulls hockey game.

We didn't think much of it when the tickets were booked, but before the game began a guy working for the team comes over to us, and said that they were planning on celebrating the fans who had traveled furthest to see the game, which just so happened to be us. Towards the end of the third period the three of us are shown on the jumbotron, and better yet, we got free scarves out of it :D

1 person likes this

So what was a Gear Grinder in having my World Religions class cancelled (Yes. I am absolutely the type of nerd who takes college classes just "for fun") turned into a major boat floater. My Free Chipotle burrito coupon came in! Despite the issues they've been having, Chipotle is still a damn good burrito even when it's $7 or more. But for free? Best meal ever.