Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

11,046 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2017 at 7:35 PM, DG_Now said:

Plus, at least in Seattle, Lyft and Uber drivers are the worst and there are more of them at times there shouldn't be.

Lyft and Uber have convinced a lot of terrible drivers that they should be on the road more and not less, so you see a lot of people meandering through busy streets, making sudden turns, turning the wrong way on one-way streets, and barely looking for pedestrians or other traffic because they're trying to find their fares.

For all of the miseries of the cab industry, at least their drivers knew how to successfully drive aggressively and know when to get out of the damn way. Also, I've never been in a cab where the driver wanted to make conversation and that is always a benefit to me.

Probably because you aren't a hot, young chick.

Double-parking and almost getting doored by passengers when cycling to-and-from work are the things that really annoy me about ridesharing on the road.

I went to my first midnight screening of The Room!

1 person likes this

This picture I took two years ago came across my timeline on Facebook: I encountered "Cafeteria Jesus".

FB_IMG_1489720032782.jpg

So I posted last week about the company I work for circling the drain. Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore because I've got a new job! New field that I've been trying to get into for a while now, nice raise, better actual benefits, three weeks vacation to start. I'm thrilled!

3 people like this

Replaced the RAM cards in my MacBook Pro, going from 4GB total (2x2GB) to 8GB (2x4GB). It was pretty simple and I can already see a marked improvement in performance. I haven't tried running my Creative Suite software yet, but hopefully it holds up. If not, the next step may be replacing the hard drive with a solid state drive.