Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

11,065 posts in this topic

I scored the game winning goal in overtime of game 2 of my men's league final last night. It's a best of 3 so we staved off elimination. First time I've ever had the game winner in an overtime. Played in a few OTs back in high school, but was never the guy to end the game. 

3 people like this

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I scored the game winning goal in overtime of game 2 of my men's league final last night. It's a best of 3 so we staved off elimination. First time I've ever had the game winner in an overtime. Played in a few OTs back in high school, but was never the guy to end the game. 

It's really an amazing experience. I never thought my rec roller hockey league would give me such a rush until I did the same thing. We were the bottom seed, playing a team that should've absolutely murdered us, but I scored 4 goals, including the OT winner to knock them out of the playoffs. I had also arrived just in time for our 9am game after a bachelor party the night before (this was before hangovers were something I actually experienced, although I might've still been drunk). It's my Al Bundy Polk High 4-Touchdown game, and I'm honestly pretty proud of it....strangely enough, I think I was working in a shoe store at the time.

2 hours ago, Shumway said:

It's really an amazing experience. I never thought my rec roller hockey league would give me such a rush until I did the same thing. We were the bottom seed, playing a team that should've absolutely murdered us, but I scored 4 goals, including the OT winner to knock them out of the playoffs. I had also arrived just in time for our 9am game after a bachelor party the night before (this was before hangovers were something I actually experienced, although I might've still been drunk). It's my Al Bundy Polk High 4-Touchdown game, and I'm honestly pretty proud of it....strangely enough, I think I was working in a shoe store at the time.

Yeah it was surprisingly exciting. I may have yelled a little too loud and threw my arms up like I was in the the actual Stanley cup playoffs so I felt a little dorky about that. 

Wish I could say it was some highlight reel play, but it came on a power play. I was in the slot closer to the right post, my teammate curled out of the far corner and tried to hit me with a pass, their guy tipped it which popped it up and rolled down the goalie's back for what felt like a minute and then I whacked it in before they could pounce on it. Johnny on the spot as they say. It felt like it was sitting there in the blue paint for forever. 

Bought a new baseball glove yesterday and there's just something about getting and having a new glove.

My nephew scoring his first goal today is a real boat floater. He also had a couple blocks today and he picked up an assist last week. He lives in Key West. Of all the sports I thought he'd get into, hockey wasn't any of them. 

Utfgsji.jpg