Island_Style

What Floats your Boat?

Bucfan56    3,853

Not living in Arizona any more, where the weekly forecast reads like this.

IMG_2557.thumb.PNG.a36dcff37cef66d0f6a747cf6339e7a6.PNG

Dry heat, my ass...

Granted, it still looks like this where I'm at, but still...

(I start summer league softball Wednesday night too, which sounds just dandy)

IMG_2559.thumb.PNG.36ac031ae4b0861854ca6714c5e5fbf1.PNG

At least we have rivers and lakes around here. And it's less than 100 miles to Tahoe where it looks more like this. 

IMG_2560.thumb.PNG.628c98e68d6bb2a5b1334dee59a0747f.PNG

OnWis97    2,309

Just cracked open this thread for the first time in months...so mine's a couple weeks old.

My wife and I were going to go to the Twins game the day before Memorial Day but I did not jump on getting tickets.  A couple days before, my aunt calls and they have two extra tickets gifted to them in the "Legends Club" (second deck, behind the plate with semi-private food/bathrooms away from the riff-raff).  So instead of dropping $30-$40 apeice (our usual range) we spent nothing on much better seats.

LMU    3,137
10 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Not living in Arizona any more, where the weekly forecast reads like this.

IMG_2557.thumb.PNG.a36dcff37cef66d0f6a747cf6339e7a6.PNG

Dry heat, my ass...

Granted, it still looks like this where I'm at, but still...

(I start summer league softball Wednesday night too, which sounds just dandy)

IMG_2559.thumb.PNG.36ac031ae4b0861854ca6714c5e5fbf1.PNG

At least we have rivers and lakes around here. And it's less than 100 miles to Tahoe where it looks more like this. 

IMG_2560.thumb.PNG.628c98e68d6bb2a5b1334dee59a0747f.PNG

Not to rub it in but...

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.07.59 AM.png

Harmening    203

My Grandson was born on Tuesday.

He was what one would consider an "oops" baby, as my son and his fiance certainly weren't expecting it to happen quite yet, but my word, is he a beautiful little human.

I'm in love. :)

Cosmic    2,556
12 minutes ago, LMU said:

Not to rub it in but...

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.07.59 AM.png

Even Buffalo can do that... in June.

Those 100s in Bucfan's forecast are still pretty scary to me. I don't see much difference between that and the Tempe.

LMU    3,137

And Chris has the privilege of going to the big Adidas unveil on Tuesday in that blast furnace.

Bucfan56    3,853

Speaking of Chris, I just got this in the mail today...

IMG_2562.thumb.JPG.d4e2c9f2b771c9c4234dfaa8257b51a3.JPG

LMU    3,137
16 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Speaking of Chris, I just got this in the mail today...

IMG_2562.thumb.JPG.d4e2c9f2b771c9c4234dfaa8257b51a3.JPG

I just ordered mine.

I was planning on getting it straight from Mr. Creamer himself during the planned 20th anniversary event in Toronto but none of y'all committed to it and it's probably shelved until next year.

The boat floater there is that it gave my wife and I an excuse to use that weekend for a trip up to Portland.

Cosmic    2,556
1 hour ago, LMU said:

I just ordered mine.

I was planning on getting it straight from Mr. Creamer himself during the planned 20th anniversary event in Toronto but none of y'all committed to it and it's probably shelved until next year.

The boat floater there is that it gave my wife and I an excuse to use that weekend for a trip up to Portland.

Where was this planning for a 20th anniversary event going on? Completely missed it.

infrared41    3,724
7 hours ago, Harmening said:

My Grandson was born on Tuesday.

He was what one would consider an "oops" baby, as my son and his fiance certainly weren't expecting it to happen quite yet, but my word, is he a beautiful little human.

I'm in love. :)

Congrats. That is awesome. If being a grandfather is anything like being an uncle - and I'm sure it's that and a whole lot more - the words no and I can't will disappear from your vocabulary. And you won't even notice...or care. B) Enjoy the ride. 

Harmening    203
1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Congrats. That is awesome. If being a grandfather is anything like being an uncle - and I'm sure it's that and a whole lot more - the words no and I can't will disappear from your vocabulary. And you won't even notice...or care. B) Enjoy the ride. 

Thanks 'red 

Im on cloud nine.  we're gonna spoil him like crazy. 

infrared41    3,724
54 minutes ago, Harmening said:

Thanks 'red 

Im on cloud nine.  we're gonna spoil him like crazy. 

That's your job. B)

LMU    3,137
18 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Where was this planning for a 20th anniversary event going on? Completely missed it.

Chris tagged a bunch of people on Facebook about it.

Rockstar Matt    639

Today marks a month of completely changing my diet, eating clean and healthy. I cut out all processed foods, dairy products, sugary foods, soda, fast food, alcohol, pizza and etc. Basically, everything that I love and replacing that with lean chicken/fish, tons of vegetables and fruits. 

As a life long vegetable hater, I've been quite surprised by how much I'm beginning to enjoy vegetables. It's honestly bizarre. Also surprising how easy it is to keep going versus how hard it was to have the motivation to begin. 

Cosmic    2,556

There's probably a million videos in this style, but it was new to me. Also, Buffalove.

twi    277

Taking a totally spontaneous vacation to the Keys for the next 4-5 days. A friend is going to be there for work and I could massage it in to my schedule so off we go. Don't even have a place for the last two days yet, total fly by wire. 

infrared41    3,724
On 7/29/2017 at 7:55 PM, twi said:

Taking a totally spontaneous vacation to the Keys for the next 4-5 days. A friend is going to be there for work and I could massage it in to my schedule so off we go. Don't even have a place for the last two days yet, total fly by wire. 

The Key West Doubletree is really nice. 

charger77    1,065

My fiance just surprised me with tickets for Leafs vs. Wings in Toronto for a HNIC game.