• Please log in to reply
10011 replies to this topic

#10001 BigBubba

BigBubba

• Members
  • 4,368 posts

• Favourite Logos:Ball in Glove, Whalers, North Stars, Robo-Pen

Posted October 22, 2014 - 13:06

Wearing a nice dress shirt, nice pants, and a tie for no other reason than to impress the ladies.  B)

Please tell me you have dress shoes as well...

Sigggggggggggggggggggggg_zpsc24d13ab.png

PotD: 29/1/12

#10002 Alex Houston

Alex Houston

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 13:31

What? Are bread bags not acceptable now?

NTZ0i.jpg

"Last night's 'Itchy and Scratchy' was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world."

"So let me explain why I like to pay taxes for schools, even though I don't personally have a kid in school: It's because I don't like living in a country with a bunch of stupid people."

#10003 Tigers6884

Tigers6884
  • The most biased fan in all the land

• Members
  • 866 posts

• Favourite Logos:Detroit Red Wings, 80's Detroit Tigers logo, Robo Penguin, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim , teal and purple Diamondbacks, Toledo Mud Hens, Milwaukee Brewers ball-in-glove, teal Florida Marlins, Mighty Ducks Wild Wing jersey logo, throwback Lions logo

Posted October 22, 2014 - 16:58

Wearing a nice dress shirt, nice pants, and a tie for no other reason than to impress the ladies.  B)

Heck yeah I did! I also wore nice looking black socks. The reason why I dressed so formally was to impress one girl in particular, but she didn't seem to notice and/or care.

imagejpg1_zpsb71b889e.jpg

#10004 McCarthy

McCarthy
  • Hey gimme some warning points

• Members
  • 10,875 posts

• Favourite Logos:Houston Texans
      Hartford Whalers
      Minnesota Wild
      Florida Everblades
      Manitoba Moose

Posted October 23, 2014 - 19:11

Heck yeah I did! I also wore nice looking black socks. The reason why I dressed so formally was to impress one girl in particular, but she didn't seem to notice and/or care.

When I was your age I was really into this one girl. I said everything right, presented myself well, and treated her kindly. I even heard through her friends that she thought I was cute. She then proceeded to go out with the obnoxious class di**head who literally never wore anything other than sweatpants. 

None of what goes on at your age makes any sense so here's my advice: Don't try so hard, be yourself, try not to worry about what other people think. 

#10005 monkeypower

monkeypower
  • Ballin' Benny

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 19:27

I wouldn't advise wearing dress clothes to school if you don't have to. IMO and IM(Experience), not me wearing it, but people I went to high school with;

Nobody's like "Hey look at that kid wearing dress clothes."

cool2.gif

They're like, "Hey look at that kid wearing dress clothes."

judged.gif

Untitled_zps9e609113.png

angelsandducks_zpsac3c35fd.jpg

#10006 sportstar1212

sportstar1212
  • Drop the puck!

• Members
  • 3,917 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks
      Montreal Expos
      New England Patriots "Pat Patriot"
      Boston Celtics
      Hockey Canada 2010

Posted October 24, 2014 - 22:22

Went to the Brampton Beast-Toledo Walleye game tonight with my friends and I really enjoyed it. It was my first ECHL game and I wasn't too sure what to expect, but it was a really good game. The Beast were down 3-0 and tied it up, only to end up losing 6-3. I definitely plan on going to more games!

SSs78Ju.png

#10007 crlachepinochet

crlachepinochet
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 14:22

It floats my boat because it will grind other people's gears: I was in a Crocs outlet store the other day, and I noticed some of the lime green shoes were lighter/brighter than the others.  I looked on the tag; the brighter ones were labeled "volt green" on the tag!  Nike and Crocs joined together in unholy matrimony!

#10008 Brass

Brass
  • 90's NBA is the best NBA.

• Members
  • 12,883 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 17:31

This photograph:

fantasy-anraham-lincoln-riding-a-grizzly

I don't know who made it, but it's purely spectacular. I've been using it in my PowerPoints for my students on my lessons about research skills and logic.

boston1.png

AA- Miami Vice // MLF - Boston Revolution // NHA - New England Wolves

#10009 monkeypower

monkeypower
  • Ballin' Benny

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 21:58

That I just stumbled across this;

I had this on VHS when I was younger.  It's so dated.

Untitled_zps9e609113.png

angelsandducks_zpsac3c35fd.jpg

#10010 Tigers6884

Tigers6884
  • The most biased fan in all the land

• Members
  • 866 posts

• Favourite Logos:Detroit Red Wings, 80's Detroit Tigers logo, Robo Penguin, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim , teal and purple Diamondbacks, Toledo Mud Hens, Milwaukee Brewers ball-in-glove, teal Florida Marlins, Mighty Ducks Wild Wing jersey logo, throwback Lions logo

Posted October 25, 2014 - 22:16

It floats my boat because it will grind other people's gears: I was in a Crocs outlet store the other day, and I noticed some of the lime green shoes were lighter/brighter than the others.  I looked on the tag; the brighter ones were labeled "volt green" on the tag!  Nike and Crocs joined together in unholy matrimony!

Wrong thread, your post belongs in the “Bringing the Funny" thread! Lol

imagejpg1_zpsb71b889e.jpg

#10011 The Mojo Maniac

The Mojo Maniac

• Members
  • 552 posts

• Favourite Logos:Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks, Vancouver Canucks stick-in-rink, San Diego Padres swinging friar, Miami Marlins, Houston Astros current, Portland Beavers 2001-2007

Posted October 27, 2014 - 22:07

After a couple of frustrating months of no job openings in my field, things are now taking hold.

After getting just a six-week internship, I've got a basically full-time job waiting as fallback in case none of the 4 or 5 employers I sent my application to wants me. And even the "fallback" option is a highly desirable one. In other words, I could be faced with a dilemma of which job to take, rather than not even having any leads in the first place. I'll take it.

I took my gooey duck to Puyallup!
I have a little project...
How 'bout them Cougs?

#10012 Magnus

Magnus
  • Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Members
  • 2,556 posts

• Favourite Logos:Flyers
      Argos 'A' shield

Posted October 28, 2014 - 10:51

Mojo, I wish you luck. I'm still searching for full time, myself.

What floats my boat? Sudbury finally got out of the dark ages, turfing 10 of our 12 incumbent councillors, electing a new mayor, and most importantly, allowing the citizens themselves to vote on (and pass!) a referendum ballot measure on deregulation of store hours.

Now, stores will be allowed, if they choose, to open on the Civic Holiday and Boxing Day. As I understand it, we are the last major city in Ontario with bylaws preventing stores from opening on those days, as well as having regulation of hours during the week.

I hope this will help spur economic growth in Sudbury. Too many of the people I knew in high school moved out of Sudbury for work because there was not enough economic growth and opportunity here. I hope this is one step in a series of positive steps to improve Sudbury's development into a place where people actually want to move to.

Not much can be done about our cold climate (well, I guess unless we burn a lot more gas, ironically), but if this can help, I'm all for it.