King of Hearts

goforbroke

I started a new thread for this because I went in a TOTALLY different direction that it might as well be a new project. This is my first ever attempt at this type of logo, usually I do emblems and crests and stuff. So I could use all the C&C you can offer. Its loosely based off a disgusting tattoo I saw, and I also used the Appalachian State logo for help with the face. I made him face the other way to look more like the card, and I also Liked the idea of him being a lefty.

aaa_color.jpg

here's the inspiration...

king-randor.jpg

Personally I thing the hand needs a lot of help. It looks disproportionate. and stylistically different. This is still a WIP but id love some help along the way.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Some updates. I got ride of the sword for now. Its just not working, too busy, I think the King looks better on his own. Did some minor tweaking to the king. Gave him a red crown with gold trim to get some more red in there without the hearts.

kingofhearts_head.jpg

but then when i wanted to put the heart behind him I had to change the crown back to gold so it stood out. which looks better? Also, I lined up the inner point of the heart with the middle valley of the crown which i think looks pretty sharp.

kingofhearts_headwheart.jpg

Any suggestions/comments? Wokring on a wordmark, and ideas on what font to use or placement etc. I'm thinking about using a script with an underline like the Orioles or something. Anybody know where I can find a font like that?

Why do my concepts get the least comments on these boards?

I tweaked up the eyes on the above 2, Made them look clearer and straight at you, which i feel makes the symbol a little more imposing.

here's just the head without the heart, gold crown

kingofhearts_headgold.jpg

I like just the head, but with the red on it.

I'm worried that with just the head its a nice King logo, but it doesn't say King of hearts. Any Idea how to help that? I actually tried putting hearts as the white glare in the eyes but that looked wierd. And putting them on the crown like the tattoo image above doesn't seem to really work ( i also don't want to make the crown too busy because I don't want to draw attention away from the face).

I made an alternate. There is a not-so-subtle negative space heart using the H and it comes into the red blade of the sword.

I'm planning on making a wordmark using the H - minus the sword.

Still waiting for some comments or suggestions for any of these

H.jpg

Archived