.RAR file type

chestnutz

So I've been trying to download some soccer kit templates from a couple websites (fmglive.com notably) and they are the file type .RAR, which I know absolutely nothing about. Why can't it just be .psd!?

So when I open photoshop elements 6.0, it says that it can't open a .RAR because it is the "wrong type of file."

Anyone help?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

So I've been trying to download some soccer kit templates from a couple websites (fmglive.com notably) and they are the file type .RAR, which I know absolutely nothing about. Why can't it just be .psd!?

So when I open photoshop elements 6.0, it says that it can't open a .RAR because it is the "wrong type of file."

Anyone help?

RAR is compression format (like .zip, etc). It offers excellent compression for large files and excellent archive spanning/splitting capabilities. You need a program to unpack the file first. Winrar will do it, but it is not free. However, 7-Zip will unpack RAR files and is free. The only thing you can't do with 7-Zip is create a RAR archive.

Once you unpack the RAR archive you will find the .psd files inside it.

Anyone help?

RAR is compression format (like .zip, etc). It offers excellent compression for large files and excellent archive spanning/splitting capabilities. You need a program to unpack the file first. Winrar will do it, but it is not free. However, 7-Zip will unpack RAR files and is free. The only thing you can't do with 7-Zip is create a RAR archive.

I got winrar for free, just go to download.com and search it.http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html link for those who want it

detsig.png

• 1 year later...

One day I downloaded from network a good song.And after some days I saw that it was corrupted.But I fortunately found on my PC-rarfix download and software solved my problems in a minutes for free.Moreover application helped my good friend too.

Someone set up us the RAR.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...

Anyone help?

Yesterday I opened my rar file with a film and couldn't watch it.The file was damaged.But I remembered about one tool for this situation and used it.Unfortunately it couldn't help me.I was dissapeared,but a friend advised me-corrupted rar files.To my great surprise software made it in seconds and for free.Moreover I saw how it scans the needed file and makes a decision, whether it is possible to save the data or not.

Here, let me Google that for you.

The internet is your friend.

I was going to post something similar. The funny thing is that searching Google for "RAR?" would have taken far less time than navigating here, selecting a forum, posting a new topic, writing out some story, and then waiting for replies.

And this same process about a million different easily answered questions happens over and over again. How?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 months later...

Anyone help?

I frequently use rar files,but once I was amazed,reason of all my rar archives were lost for no good reason. But I entered the Google and saw there - fixed not complete rar. I was lucky and the tool solved my trouble for a minute and without payment as I keep in mind. Moreover the application showed me how it retrieves all needed documents even from corrupted archives of RAR format and so on. I am glad this tool.

• 5 months later...

Archived