Minor tweak for Florida International

TrueYankee26

this reminds me a little bit of IUPUI's jaguar, at least in how it's posed (and how the panther's teeth are now bared)...like Island Style, I prefer the old one

2502.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

To me it's not even the floating cat that's awkward. The basic, plain letters floating in space over the snarling Stalkercat...and nothing to reign in the eyes? No, it looks too unfinished.

The new cat looks fiercer, but I'm not even sure that's a positive. Not all logos have to look vicious to be solid. Honestly, I really liked the old FIU logo primarily because of the shield (something not often seen in college athletics) and the well-rendered panther. Very stately.

Having said that...major downgrade IMO.

Also, since the font changed on the FIU to a standard, varsity-block style, I assume FIU football gets new helmets this year as well?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Did anyone see this one in the shop before? It is on a few different t-shirts and shorts.

86291lu1.jpg

Does anyone have a larger version of this to post? If not, just the letters? This is the logo they should be using all the time.

CLHEL2.png

FIUGoldenPanthers2008.png

I saw this logo for the 1st time today, and I think it's better than the primary.

I think if they left the letters out it would be better because the Panther is (I think anyways) designed to look like an "F".

Although then it might look far too empty and the letters at least give it a bit of an anchor.

Just my two cents though.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

• 5 weeks later...

Archived