Griffey to Pale Hose

Discrim

I like this trade so far.

It ultimately gives more breathing room for Swisher, Konerko and Thome.

Basically what I see happening is Griffey playing CF, alternating with Swisher. Swish can play 1B along with Konerko, and Paulie can alternate DH with Thome.

I just wonder what number he will wear. Baines wears 3 and Crede wears 24

2IA3b.png

I like this trade so far.

It ultimately gives more breathing room for Swisher, Konerko and Thome.

Basically what I see happening is Griffey playing CF, alternating with Swisher. Swish can play 1B along with Konerko, and Paulie can alternate DH with Thome.

I just wonder what number he will wear. Baines wears 3 and Crede wears 24

I don't mind this trade either, but I'm not too high on giving up Masset.

Anyone out there want Jose Contreras? Most White Sox fans would just want a pretzel in return. :D

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Please tell me you just didn't use "pale hose"? :mad:

Griffey should help the White Sox by getting Konerko out of the lineup, but his acquisition will probably have much more of a negative mental effect on the Twins, who will once more do nothing at the trade deadline in the face of a big name move by the White Sox, thus helping Chicago even more.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Griffey should help the White Sox by getting Konerko out of the lineup, but his acquisition will probably have much more of a negative mental effect on the Twins, who will once more do nothing at the trade deadline in the face of a big name move by the White Sox, thus helping Chicago even more.

In true Twinkie fashion, even without a big trade, you guys will still be up in our arses 'til the very last game. :rolleyes:

2692605031_94e0f85407_o.jpg

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Only thing I've heard from Minnesota is trading Boof Bonser so they can call up Liriano

2IA3b.png

They won't even bring up someone they don't need to trade for (Liriano) no matter how badly Livan pitches. Why would they trade for someone?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Great news.

For all those who think that Griffey can't play centerfield, I say- sure. But neither can Nick Swisher.

He'll be energized and will take this team on his back for short periods of time. He wants that ring, he's going for that Ring.

And the only thing I have heard from Cubs fans is that the White Sox don't deserve Griffey. But he thought that the White Sox were deserving.

Jealous. Probably. I can understand.

BTW Cubs fans, you don't deserve not to win anything important for the last 100 years, but you have all 100 of those years nonetheless.

Dare I think that Griffey could DH for the Sox for the next 5 years, possibly long enough to hit homer No. 763?

At the rate he's been declining, Griffey wouldn't get there if he played 10 more years.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Dare I think that Griffey could DH for the Sox for the next 5 years, possibly long enough to hit homer No. 763?

He'd have to have 5 really good, injury-free years.

Five more seasons would make him 43. That's the age when players get injured more frequently, not less.

I like him, and gods know I want Bonds' numbers overthrown. But I don't see any realistic scenario in which Griffey's the one to do it.

I told my Dad last night as we were watching the Reds plays Houston that the Reds had lost 5 straight at the worst possible time. I said that because they are now 7 games under (8 before last night's win) and I felt like they were going to get rid of someone big, like Dunn or Griffey. They were 50-53 prior to the losing skid and if they win five straight this is a different situation. They essentially took themselves out of it in only the last 5 days.

Now as for Griffey, I hear that he's going to be traded every year so it was nothing new this year when I heard the rumors. But I was still shocked when I heard this morning that he was gone. The fact is that his contract probably wasn't going to be picked up next year so I can see the logic behind it, but I don't know the players they got for him.

PvO6ZWJ.png

griffey_chw.png

I don't mind that at all. B)

Now they're saying that Swisher is willing to "hand over" the #30 jersey. Not sure if this is true or not, though. Kinda sucks; Dirty 30 has been growing on me.

Swisher can be #7. That's how many letters are in Mendoza, which is where he'll be hitting below at the end of this season.

;)

2IA3b.png

Swisher can be #7. That's how many letters are in Mendoza, which is where he'll be hitting below at the end of this season.

;)

Ooooh, low blow there! Very low blow!

I always associate the number 7 to Timo Perez, though. He was awesome. :D

LB2nd.png

Archived