Ahl concept

metsman211

metsman211, on this board, it's all about presentation. If your logo or uniform looks clean and professional, it doesn't matter if it's the worst idea in the world, it'll still get some positive feedback and some suggestions for improvement. However if your logo or uniform looks like it has some edges that need cleaning up or was hastily thrown together, it's real tough to get a peep out of anybody.

I'm guessing you are using Paint for your designs. Now it is not impossible to be successful on this board using Paint, but you are putting yourself at a great disadvantage. If at all possible, get your hands on a program like Photoshop (if you like a Paint-style interface) or, better still, Illustrator (although it takes some learning). Then, make sure you are consistent with piping and outlining, clean with edited images, and sharp in terms of colour schemes, letter and number outlining (this Bridgeport concept desperately needs some of that), and solid in terms of logo, jersey, and template sizing.

That said, keep on making concepts. That's the only way you'll improve.

By the way, I like Bridgeport's crazy cat logo better than the BST logo.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I used to work out of Paint too, and I acknowledge that you can produce excellent and stunning work with that too, it's just more difficult to achieve the pro look and clean feel with it.

I admire those who work out of Paint and do as cool work as Snowcap, bosox, and josh_j182 do. It takes a lot of patience and practice to make stuff like that in Paint.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i dont know whats wrong...Ive been practicing w/ paint for a while now and am beginning to use it well. I just noticed that the images that get seen that i post are all scrappy and not clear. this is not the case in my regular files. i think i has something to do with putting it into a .jpeg or .gif that has been getting the images screwy. If someone knows why this happens I could fix it and show you the real images

Because I am still learning Illustrator, I find using AppleWorks to be the easiest way to design a jersey. AppleWorks is a drawing, painting, word processing, databasing, spreadsheeting program for Macs. The painting part compares to Paint, but is slightly better. My problem with Illustrator is....

When I make one side of a jersey, I want the other to be symetrical.

Welll, I know how to flip it, bt I don't know  how to allign it even and all that. If someone understands that and can help me, great. Otherwise, I will probably get there in my book.

Archived