Columbus Catfish now Bowling Green Hot Rods

BallWonk

Utter crap.

Minor League Baseball loses one of the best and most unique identities in sports for that garbage.

I could not agree more.

This is pretty blah. Not terrible, but not great.

On its own, it wouldn't draw too much notice either way. But as a replacement for the Catfish? Awful.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utter crap.

Minor League Baseball loses one of the best and most unique identities in sports for that garbage.

I could not agree more.

On its own, it wouldn't draw too much notice either way. But as a replacement for the Catfish? Awful.

Some indy league needs to buy the rights to the Columbus Catfish name & logos...If the American Association could do it for the El Paso Diablos, and the Golden Baseball League could do it for the Tucson Toros, who's to say some Southeastern-based league can't do it for the Catfish?

bYhYmxh.png

Utter crap.

I could not agree more.

I like the logo and identity. I don't think I've seen another car-related logo as good as this one.

It's just unfortunate that it has to replace the Catfish.

Aren't there other really poor identities that this one could replace instead?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Utter crap.

I could not agree more.

I like the logo and identity. I don't think I've seen another car-related logo as good as this one.

It's just unfortunate that it has to replace the Catfish.

Aren't there other really poor identities that this one could replace instead?

Yup. In the Sally League, actually:

The Kinston Indians logo set needs to go!

bYhYmxh.png

Since other thread is about to go "bye bye" I'll post here what I posted there.

First reaction...

Meh.

Second reaction....

I don't want this team in the Midwest League.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not a fan. In an article in the local paper, they say they wanted to stay away from red as the main color to respect WKU. That is fine, but WKU uses just as much black as red anymore. I'll show support for the new team by picking up one of the old Catfish caps.

Not a huge fan... but part of it is cause of my distaste for having a team from Kentucky in the Midwest League.

Like it or not, Kentucky is in the Midwest.

About the logo....I would say 80% there on the primary. Its good, but could be better if simplified. The script logo just sucks, it isn't integrated at all and looks amateurish. The cap logo is just awesome. They should have designed the script logo with the same ideas they put in the cap logo.

Not a huge fan... but part of it is cause of my distaste for having a team from Kentucky in the Midwest League.

Wonder if the Pacific Coast League feels the same way about the Iowa Cubs?

Better yet, Nashville is practically hugging the Eastern Time Zone and is actually farther east than Indianapolis.

Cards.png

Wonder if the Pacific Coast League feels the same way about the Iowa Cubs?

Better yet, Nashville is practically hugging the Eastern Time Zone and is actually farther east than Indianapolis.

Seriously, I really wish they'd go to a 3-league Triple-A level. 10 teams per league would be fine, I think.

I thought they were in the South Atlantic League?

They are through this season, beginning next year Bowling Green and Lake County will move to the Midwest League.

They are through this season, beginning next year Bowling Green and Lake County will move to the Midwest League.

So the 2009 season they'll be in the SAL then they are changing leagues? That blows, with Lexington being the other in-state team.

So the 2009 season they'll be in the SAL then they are changing leagues? That blows, with Lexington being the other in-state team.

True, but Lake County, OH is clearly in MWL territory and someone else had to go. Bowling Green and Lexington could have both been up for consideration, but BG is closer to the majority of MWL territory.

Seriously, I really wish they'd go to a 3-league Triple-A level. 10 teams per league would be fine, I think.

I think this will happen down the road to cut down on travel costs

Pacific Coast League

Albuquerque, Colorado Springs, Fresno, Las Vegas, Portland, Reno, Round Rock, Sacramento, Salt Lake, Tacoma,

International League

Buffalo, Charlotte, Durham, Gwinnett, Lehigh Valley, Norfolk, Pawtucket, Rochester, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Syracuse

Continental League or whatever you want to call it

Columbus, Indianapolis, Iowa, Louisville, Memphis, New Orleans, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Toledo

Archived