Has it begun?

CC97

Tonight the Maple Leafs are wearing their blue uniforms at home voluntarly for the first time since 1991/92 (last time was because the ducks left their roads in anaheim a few years back)...  is this a sign of things to come?   ???

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

YAAAAYYY!!

Please excuse my excitiment  :)

I hope it has, I really would like a change. I am a big fan of the Islanders navy blue jerseys, but I never have a chance to see them, due to the fact i can never get rangers tickets for Rangers/Islanders. Maybe change back every 5 years? Dark/Home and White/Away, and then in 5 years switch them. Just my 3 cents....

The black one?

Tell me you're not serious.

Bring back the blue jerseys, I say.  Those are sharp, and compliment the sharp home jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

this is from NHLUniforms.com:

"For the 2000-01 season, the Washington Capitals were set to take the ice in new uniforms. The jerseys were even reportedly being sold in some catalogs. However, apparently at the last minute, the Capitals scratched those plans and kept their uniforms from the previous season, albeit using their black alternates as their regular away jerseys. Capitals owner Ted Leonsis has said he wants to change the team's look, so stay tuned."

the design is kinda cool. check it out.

Azzuri.gif

The black one?

Tell me you're not serious.

Bring back the blue jerseys, I say.  Those are sharp, and compliment the sharp home jerseys.

Yes.  The black one is beautiful.  The blue one is great, but the black one is the best jersey ever.   The home jersey is great too.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1.The away logo of the caps is way too busy.  Two stars, two hockey sticks, the dome, the wordmark, plus the giant puck, eww.  Way too much.  

2.I hope the NHL doesn't switch to darks at home.  I think this point was made on the other board, but it is going to be here, too:  If you're team's color is red, that is all you're going to see.  You won't get the variety of having a red jersey, then a blue one, then a black one, etc, come into your arena.  It'll always be Red vs. white.  I need me some variety.  I live in ATL and I like the Thrashers away jerseys much more than the home ones, but I like to see other teams colors, like the teal SJS or the Blue leafs, or the black Sabres, or the green Wild.

3. Off topic, but, when guys have things that appear at the bottom of each post( e.g. The Shark Hates Brown has the Mexican flag), it doesn't resize to accomidate the size of the post, so I never see what he says unless he writes something really really long.  What can be done?

3. Off topic, but, when guys have things that appear at the bottom of each post( e.g. The Shark Hates Brown has the Mexican flag), it doesn't resize to accomidate the size of the post, so I never see what he says unless he writes something really really long.  What can be done?

I know its too big, my bad. If I knew how to resize it in iB code I would. (little help here?)

The Blues wore blue against the Senators tonite. Someone should write an internet petition to stop this from becoming the main style. Although, why even have a set style? Why not make it each teams choice. Hopefully, you get a pretty split number.

you mean like the NFL?? nah there should be set guidelines as to what each team wears at home and on the road (thirds not withstanding)

I annoys me that the cowboys wear thier "away" jerseys at home all the time, and they only pull out the dark jerseys for what, two maybe three times a year?

Im in that group that is in favor of white at home, dark on the road in the NHL. As far as giving the home fans a different look every now and then, isnt that the purpose of the alternate jerseys?

I like the idea of switching at the All-Star break, this way fans get to see both looks for their team.

Do not these people have TV's?

well, i currently can't see my Devils, home or away (damned pennsylvania), but i've never seen the devils wear their reds at home, and i love the reds more than the whites!

so that idea of "let the fans see both looks", they already do, if they have eyes and a decent cable system (damned pennsylvania), they can see both jerseys.

p.s. The Capitals "Capitol Dome" logo is one of the best in the league. That retarded eagle...thingy should join the Gorton's Fisherman in logo  h e l l.

and snowcap: CCM has all whites, Koho all darks. Thats why all the thirds are Koho.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived