Canucks Logo

Bmac

I think someone created that logo in here or somewhere... dunno who actually did that..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't think that the all-star Edge template looks bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions about some NHL logos for me.

canucks-uniforms.gif

Is this logo used at all by the team? On merchandise, or anything? The one on the left.

I remember these from before the new jerseys came out. They were on Sportsnet.ca.

untitled-6.jpg

I created that logo. Someone on this board stole it without my permission and pasted it on that ugly Reebok template. Since then it's shown up all over the web and in the local media.

You have no idea how much I loathe seeing my logo pasted on a reebok template jersey. The last thing I wanted is to endorse a reebok jersey. That logo is supposed to be on the vintage uniform.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The johnny Canuck logo was always a skating lumberjack.

The giants logo is an upper torso with a toque on it. It doesn't even look like a lumberjack. It looks more like a football player carrying a hockey stick than a hockey player. It's also enclosed in a big "G".

I don't understand why people get hung up the fact that both logos feature lumberjacks. Visually they look nothing alike.

As far as identities go the Canucks own Johnny Canuck. It's part of their heritage. I have nothing against the Giants, but they're the ones infringing on the Canucks identity, not the other way around. If the Canucks want to bring back their classic skating lumberjack logo they have every right to.

DEATH TO REEBOK

1848.gif

Do you notice the BARE ARM on that player? Have you ever seen a pro hockey player wearing a short sleeve jersey?

That's not Johnny Canuck. It's a football player!

But he's got a hockey stick and a hockey glove...

And a sumo wrestler's hair style. :blink:

PS I love that old school Johnny Canuck logo; nice job.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

1848.gif

Do you notice the BARE ARM on that player? Have you ever seen a pro hockey player wearing a short sleeve jersey?

That's not Johnny Canuck. It's a football player!

But he's got a hockey stick and a hockey glove...

And a sumo wrestler's hair style. :blink:

PS I love that old school Johnny Canuck logo; nice job.

Thats a toque, not hair.

It hasn't been mentioned so far, but the original Johnny Canuck logo ....

johnny.jpg

was used by the Vancouver Canucks of the old Western Hockey League/Pacific Coast League from 1944-1970.

The WHL's Canucks folded when the NHL Canucks entered the league.

It hasn't been mentioned so far, but the original Johnny Canuck logo ....

johnny.jpg

was used by the Vancouver Canucks of the old Western Hockey League/Pacific Coast League from 1944-1970.

The WHL's Canucks folded when the NHL Canucks entered the league.

And that's the same logo I've seen on plastered on alternate gear at the PNE, at Giants games. I haven't been in a year, granted, but still, it's a valid question.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived