Boston University Logo Concept

PhilaLogos

I started out with this just as a fun project since I own a Boston Terrier, but seeing as this is also the mascot for BU and their current logo is sort of dated and cartoonish I developed it into a concept. C&C apprectiated.

terriers_03.jpg

Howard1.jpg

Since BU's arch rival (my alma mater, Northeastern) has black and red as its school colors, and its mascot is also a dog (Husky), BU has been trending away from emphasizing black as part of its color palate.

The BU hoop team had black trim in its jerseys for a while, but the last few years they've gone back to the more traditional red and white.

I like their current logo.

I do think Northeastern will be in the market for a new athletics image package in the near future, however. Our current logos for athletics stink.

Since BU's arch rival (my alma mater, Northeastern) has black and red as its school colors, and its mascot is also a dog (Husky), BU has been trending away from emphasizing black as part of its color palate.

The BU hoop team had black trim in its jerseys for a while, but the last few years they've gone back to the more traditional red and white.

I do think Northeastern will be in the market for a new athletics image package in the near future, however. Our current logos for athletics stink.

Oh yeah, cause NU is boss... :D

I like the NU husky over the wordmark, but the N logo is tired. Too bad BC can whoop all of them :D

Anyway, I think his is a pretty good illustration, but not logo. The body, as others have said, is awkward, especially the hind legs. The face looks kind of weird too. So yeah, it's really good as sort of an illustration but not so much for a logo.

If only they still had football.

Ok, thanks for the feedback people. I agree the body does look kind of funny for the most part, so I made it a head/neck logo which I think should make it look more like a logo as apposed to a drawing or illustration. Tell me what you think.

terriers-2_03.jpg

Howard1.jpg

I like the NU husky over the wordmark, but the N logo is tired. Too bad BC can whoop all of them :D

Anyway, I think his is a pretty good illustration, but not logo. The body, as others have said, is awkward, especially the hind legs. The face looks kind of weird too. So yeah, it's really good as sort of an illustration but not so much for a logo.

they used to cheat. they would go to PA and get coal miners that hadn't gone to college, but were too old to play football in college.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The whole teeth thing is bothering me. If the dog is growling, emphasize that around it's eyes as well or something. Make the whole face look fierce if that's the way you want to go.

I would suggest going with just a plain dog's head. I don't think there's any need to make every logo look mean or intimidating or modern. Just make the dog's mouth normal, and go with head/neck idea. Perhaps put it in a shield as was suggested before?

I would hope an ACC power with an eight figure athletic budget can beat a CAA school with a small seven figure athletic budget.

BU isn't "afraid" of NU, they just wanted to revert back to red and white.

You're probably the only person I've talked to who likes the "jumping dog over the city" logo. Must say something about you folks from the University of Chestnut Hill.

Remember, Boston College isn't a college, and it's not in Boston.

The whole teeth thing is bothering me. If the dog is growling, emphasize that around it's eyes as well or something. Make the whole face look fierce if that's the way you want to go.

I would suggest going with just a plain dog's head. I don't think there's any need to make every logo look mean or intimidating or modern. Just make the dog's mouth normal, and go with head/neck idea. Perhaps put it in a shield as was suggested before?

..anyone who has a Boston knows that this is spot on for how they always seem to hook a tooth or two outside of their lips..its perfect..

FishNChips_200.jpg

I would hope an ACC power with an eight figure athletic budget can beat a CAA school with a small seven figure athletic budget.

BU isn't "afraid" of NU, they just wanted to revert back to red and white.

You're probably the only person I've talked to who likes the "jumping dog over the city" logo. Must say something about you folks from the University of Chestnut Hill.

Remember, Boston College isn't a college, and it's not in Boston.

Sheesh, lighten up... I think you're taking the Beanpot rivalry thing a little far for this situation. Just poking some fun.

Yes, I know it's not a college and you're wrong, it is partially in Boston (you know... Brighton and West Roxbury). Not downtown, but Boston nonetheless.

I don't love the logo... I just don't hate it. The older ones were plain awful. It's not badly executed at all, you have to give it that. And as for what that says about me (who doesn't even go to BC, FYI), I'm not sure... is it a bad thing?

Look, I have nothing on NU. I have close family members who have gone/are going to BU and NU. Just... take it easy.

Archived