My First Concept Post - Mobsters Logo

jaha32

Hey,

I've never posted anything on this site before since joining about 2 months ago. I'm glad I found this site though since I love seeing everyone's concepts and thoughts. I got Illustrator in April after using MS Paint in the past and really like it. This link is to a fictional logo I did a little bit ago. I know it would never fly in today's PC world but I think it would fit a hockey or basketball team, maybe even football. I hope to post more concepts in the future.

MobsterJPG-1.jpg

Let me know what you all think. C&C.

Thanks,

Jaha32

Well you're on photobucket, try copying and pasting the IMG code.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

nice one. looks like a pro design..can u make lakers concept, not changing the colors.

Interesting approach to C&C.

I like the idea of this, who cares if it wouldn't work for a pro sports team? Wait until you work for them to worry about that. There are little details I would like removed, like the multiple outlines, and the shadows on the wordmark, because they make it seem a little too busy. Otherwise I really like the execution.

Yea those red shadows/highlights on the word were the last thing I added to this because without them the word seemed rather flat compared to the mobster guy, but at the same time you may be right about making it all too busy. Believe it or not I actually had one more gray outline around the whole thing that I took that away thinking too many oulines, but maybe I didnt take away enough. That's my main problem is making things too busy.

Hey,

I've never posted anything on this site before since joining about 2 months ago. I'm glad I found this site though since I love seeing everyone's concepts and thoughts. I got Illustrator in April after using MS Paint in the past and really like it. This link is to a fictional logo I did a little bit ago. I know it would never fly in today's PC world but I think it would fit a hockey or basketball team, maybe even football. I hope to post more concepts in the future.

MobsterJPG-1.jpg

Let me know what you all think. C&C.

Thanks,

Jaha32

as a professional logo its too cartoonish but would make a great minor league logo. WOuldn't fly in the pros or minors but is best fit for a fantasy team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Nice work. Definitely simplify it by removing the multiple outlines. One bold outline around the body will do just fine. I find tiny, multiple outlines aren't very easy on the eyes and kinda detract attention from the unifying structure of the logo itself.

Nice work. Definitely simplify it by removing the multiple outlines. One bold outline around the body will do just fine. I find tiny, multiple outlines aren't very easy on the eyes and kinda detract attention from the unifying structure of the logo itself.

I agree. One bold outline will do wonders for this logo. I would like to see the red background of the wordmark changed to blue. Keep the red highlights. I would also like to see the wordmark on the bottom of the logo with the mobster shooting over it.

Awesome first post! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I changed the outlines and stuff based on what you guys said and I think it is a lot better. Thin outlines are no good so I took care of that. I tried the wordmark below the guy like undead suggested, but it didnt feel right. the whole thing was very long from top to bottom when I tried that. So here is the latest.

Do you guys like it better now?

MobsterJPG-2.jpg

I changed the outlines and stuff based on what you guys said and I think it is a lot better. Thin outlines are no good so I took care of that. I tried the wordmark below the guy like undead suggested, but it didnt feel right. the whole thing was very long from top to bottom when I tried that. So here is the latest.

Do you guys like it better now?

MobsterJPG-2.jpg

Dude, that's really cool. I think the first version was the best though.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Archived