New Comcast SportsNet logo?

BigEd76

Those swooshy / swirlie things (like the Sports Night logo) are soo late '90s. Of course I think the same thing about Miller Light cans too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Comcast SportsNet Bay Area (the former FSN Bay Area) has been using the new logo since the start of the baseball season. The new logo is suppose to appear on the other CSNs (Chicago, New England, Northwest, West, Mid-Atlantic) by the end of the year.

Looks like they got new graphics too. The logo is at the bottom right instead of top-right now. Also looks like they ditched red in favor of a blue/black/silver scheme.

Watching Phillies PreGL they have animations and stuff now for nameboxes, etc. I like it.

Anyone have a screen shot of the new graphics? I'm at school and I don't get CSN :cursing:

It's the same stuff that Comcast SportsNet Bay Area has been using since the FSN Bay Area changeover March 31. Logos and graphics are definite upgrade IMO.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

It's pretty much the same as SNY's logo

There just might be a reason for that...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The only reason SNY isnt called Comcast SportsNet New York is because Cablevision and to a lesser extent Time Warner would have given them all types of problems in airing the stations in their packages. More than they already did I should say. Cablevision - parent company of MSG and MSG plus [Fox Sports NY] made YES network sit out a year when they launched. SNY is a smart name, avoids all that inevitable trouble because Cablevision never would have aired a channel called Comcast Sports Net NY

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I wish CSN would use the same graphics for baseball and stuff that SNY uses. Ugh.

If the new sports graphics are like the ones CSN Bay Area uses, I guess they're an upgrade, but I'm not horribly impressed with them.

Not a good idea, because SNY's graphics are boring.

I like SNY's graphics.

The only reason SNY isnt called Comcast SportsNet New York is because Cablevision and to a lesser extent Time Warner would have given them all types of problems in airing the stations in their packages. More than they already did I should say. Cablevision - parent company of MSG and MSG plus [Fox Sports NY] made YES network sit out a year when they launched. SNY is a smart name, avoids all that inevitable trouble because Cablevision never would have aired a channel called Comcast Sports Net NY

Time Warner is a part owner of SNY (along with the Mets and Comcast). I think that has something to do with it not being called Comcast SportsNet NY.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived