MLB 2009

mania

And this is from statements Stan Kasten has made to the press, so it shouldn't trigger any board shutdown, but the word is that the Nats are likely to dump the DC from their alt jerseys in favor of the curly W on November 5. No word on whether the DC is coming off the cap, too.

Good. I know I'm in the minority but that blocky DC logo is awful. The Curly W may look like Walgreens but it atleast looks like it belongs on a baseball uniform. The Brewers were smart enough to dump their blocky wordmarks over 10 years ago. I can't understand why the Nationals felt the need to bring that trend back.

Those Brewers sets with the 'blocky' Germanic-type font were beauty and fit better than the current, in my opinion.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an American, I should hate the Reds and Red Sox! Dirty Commies!

What's really scary, and which should tell us something about where we as a nation have been, is that somebody once proposed that in all seriousness.

Go, Cincinnati Redlegs!!!!1111

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

And this is from statements Stan Kasten has made to the press, so it shouldn't trigger any board shutdown, but the word is that the Nats are likely to dump the DC from their alt jerseys in favor of the curly W on November 5. No word on whether the DC is coming off the cap, too.

Good. I know I'm in the minority but that blocky DC logo is awful. The Curly W may look like Walgreens but it atleast looks like it belongs on a baseball uniform. The Brewers were smart enough to dump their blocky wordmarks over 10 years ago. I can't understand why the Nationals felt the need to bring that trend back.

Those Brewers sets with the 'blocky' Germanic-type font were beauty and fit better than the current, in my opinion.

In mine, as well.

I've been on record numerous times stating that I'm not a fan of the Phillies current look. It's just too "computerized" or "perfect" to be an effective script logo, especially compared to versions that they wore in the late '40s - '70. HOWEVER - considering that they ain't changing any time soon, I've decided that they need to pull a Dodgers and ditch the white trim from their road uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In mine, as well.

The clunky MB and a little too much green prevented me from being a fan of those at first, but once they ditched that logo on the cap and replaced it with just an M (and scaled back the green), I liked it a lot. An underrated set, in my opinion.

I've been on record numerous times stating that I'm not a fan of the Phillies current look. It's just too "computerized" or "perfect" to be an effective script logo, especially compared to versions that they wore in the late '40s - '70. HOWEVER - considering that they ain't changing any time soon, I've decided that they need to pull a Dodgers and ditch the white trim from their road uniform.

I agree that the white outline really stands out on the Phillies road, so that might be a good move. I certainly prefer the Dodgers road without the trim.

The Phillies would be able to get away with once again using the P on both the home and road sets, since their nickname is basically their city name. It can stand for both.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In mine, as well.

The clunky MB and a little too much green prevented me from being a fan of those at first, but once they ditched that logo on the cap and replaced it with just an M (and scaled back the green), I liked it a lot. An underrated set, in my opinion.

I agree that the white outline really stands out on the Phillies road, so that might be a good move. I certainly prefer the Dodgers road without the trim.

I like the white outline and how it stands out, I wouldn't like it if they removed it.

What the Phillies need to do is to remove that crappy font they use for the names and numbers and use either the Schmidt era numbers or thick block numbers.

Agreed, and lose the sleeve numbers as well...too much like the White Sox in the 70's The white outline around the script is fine as they've always had it, and IMHO it looks clean, especially on the pinstripes

• 2 weeks later...

According to a Nationals blogger with very close connections to the team, there will be multiple changes on the uniforms. He claims to have gotten his information from a Majestic representative.

Source

The blue BP jersey and cap with curly W remain unchanged, as does the home white uniform.

The red alternate jersey with interlocking DC is gone. It will be replaced by a red jersey with curly W on the chest.

Probably the biggest change is the away uniform, which will have the "Washington" script in a style reminiscent of the old Senators script.

And lastly, there will be a blue patriotic-themed jersey using the interlocking DC, with red/white/blue stars and stripes inside the DC logo. No word on which cap will be worn with this uniform. It sounds like this one will see limited use, like when they play on the 4th of July or on other holidays.

According to a Nationals blogger with very close connections to the team, there will be multiple changes on the uniforms. He claims to have gotten his information from a Majestic representative.

Source

The blue BP jersey and cap with curly W remain unchanged, as does the home white uniform.

The red alternate jersey with interlocking DC is gone. It will be replaced by a red jersey with curly W on the chest.

Probably the biggest change is the away uniform, which will have the "Washington" script in a style reminiscent of the old Senators script.

And lastly, there will be a blue patriotic-themed jersey using the interlocking DC, with red/white/blue stars and stripes inside the DC logo. No word on which cap will be worn with this uniform. It sounds like this one will see limited use, like when they play on the 4th of July or on other holidays.

That's a shame. I thought the away uniform was their best look. They should consider something like that for the home jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's a shame. I thought the away uniform was [the Nats'] best look. They should consider something like that for the home jersey.

I understand why the team is taking the DC logo off the alt jersey. But the road script thing, if true, is an absolute disaster. Not that it would look bad -- I made a concept with a curly-W-based road script that satisfied me that such a thing could look fantastic if done right. But the Nats block lettering is so distinctive, and also so quintessentially Washingtonian, that it's either gotta be kept on both home and road uniforms or ditched entirely. Even if the big block "Nationals" script is standing out in right field, they should switch to script at home if they're doing it on the road. Since the beveled block lettering is so in keeping with the monumental style of Washington, it would look fine at the ballpark even if it's not on the players' chests.

But here is the single most important change the Nats need to make: Instruct New Era to use the curly W, not the DC, in all fashion caps. Much as I love the DC logo, the fact that it's a three-color design means that New Era never quite gets it right in its standard two-color fashion cap applications. Such as last year's line of caps in other teams' colors; a Nats cap in the style of the Braves, Red Sox, or Dodgers would have been fantastic, had New Era not completely screwed up the DC logo in the process of putting it on those caps.

20082614447.png

Any chance the Nats will ditch the gold from their block lettering?

Edit: Reread the posted link article and stated that the gold will be removed from the "Washington" script on the away jersey next year. It is unknown if the gold will be on the nameplate or numbers.

Some questions I have are these:

Are the Pirates ditching the red from thier identity? Ive heard small titbits that they might, but nothing huge. I didnt know if anyone might have had any info on this possible change.

Second, will the Blue Jays make anymore changes to make all of thier unioforms consistent, meaning wil they change the font on the home and alternate nameplates and numbers to match the road or are they changing the road to match the home and alts, or nothing at all?

And finally, i'm suprised no one has really talked much about the Texas possible changes mentioned in the first post on the thread. I'm somewhat lost, it seems like they are using red alot more, but does that mean red will be the primary again or will blue still be? What kind of "tweaks" are they making?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

This is not "MLB 2009," but since no one has made an "official" thread for 2011 (yet), I figured I'd post this here:

Marlins mailbag discusses uniform, color changes

Nothing huge, mostly just confirmation of what we already knew: The fans love the teal, but the current ownership does not. The relevant info:

The Marlins will soon be getting a lot of changes, and with changes come new things. For example, a new stadium, a new name (Miami Marlins), maybe a new logo. Will the Marlins consider getting new uniforms like the Arizona Diamondbacks did? Would they consider bringing back the teal uniforms or will they completely get rid of them? Will they still be the Marlins once they make the move to Miami?

-- Alex C., Orlando.

Marlins beat writer Joe Frisaro's answer: Of course they will still be the Marlins. Once they move into their new ballpark, they will change to the Miami Marlins. That was made public since early in the year, but the switch won't occur until they are in the new park.

The team also has talked about getting a new look, meaning a revised uniform. Exactly how that would look is a mystery, and it, too, is a few years away. I know a number of fans like the teal from the early years of the franchise, but that color has been downplayed since 2003. Perhaps there will be a touch of teal in the new uniforms down the road, but unless there is a change of thinking within the organization, I don't think teal will be a prominent color.

I believe that the Marlins were already covered in a previous thread.

Like here:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...&hl=Marlins

and here:

Also, I find it odd that a Cubs fan is covering anything remotely that deals with the Marlins. Flashes of 2003 come to mind. :P

I believe that the Marlins were already covered in a previous thread.

Like here:

and here:

Also, I find it odd that a Cubs fan is covering anything remotely that deals with the Marlins. Flashes of 2003 come to mind. :P

But the Cubs are going to beat Miami in the WS in 7 years.

Archived