Colorado Rockies Alternative Logos and Uniform Concept

Crash

I'm a huge Rockies fan and have been from the start, but I always felt the "CR" hat logo was lackluster and unimaginative. During last year's run, I decided to do something about that. With the general trends in baseball in mind, yet wanting to finally connect the logo with the team in an immediately recognizable way, I came up with this:

rox01.jpg

And for the "main" logo to accompany this new "hat" logo, I used the local nickname of the team to create this:

rox02.jpg

And a quick mockup of the uses of these logos on the uniforms:

rox03.jpg

i really like the 'C' logo, its actually a very nice idea, gets some detail into the hat logo, which most teams dont have, but not too much, which most teams with details end up getting. THe "rox" logo is also a nice idea, but using a nickname for a logo seems very minor league to me.

Personally, I found the 'ROX' very difficult to read. It took me a couple seconds to tell what it said.

I do like the C logo, though, it's very nice.

As has already been said, keep the purple on their uniforms- almost every team being blue or red these days is really stale. Don't be afraid to change shades, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The C-Mountain Peak logo is a start in the right direction. Try making a wordmark of some kind based around the C's font and top it off with a widespread mountain peak. Emphasizing the purple is also good, since it would separate their look from the White Sox. I would also try a custom number font, rather than the standard MLB font.

I really like the C logo as well, but am not a fan of the font for the C. I was thinking something a little stronger, maybe sans serif, but I could easily be wrong

To echo everyone else about not caring for the ROX nickname, but it would be good as an unofficial logo used around town or on a blog or something. I do find it hard to read, I keep seeing POX because of the purple on the leg of the R.

Other than that, its nice to see something original. Good job.

On second thought, have you considered moving the mountains into the middle of the C rather than on top? Have the letter frame the whole thing. It might not be leaps and bounds better on its own, but when turned into a cap logo I think it would look better. Just a thought.

On second thought, have you considered moving the mountains into the middle of the C rather than on top?

Yeah, I tried that. It ceases to look at all like a "C". It tends to look more like a "G" or a poorly drawn circle.

Archived