New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pepsi?s Chief Marketing Officer Dave Burwick set the tone for the change at a meeting of Pepsi bottlers when he said ?If we don?t change quickly, we run the risk of being a footnote to history,? according to Beverage Digest.

Oh yes, because a long lasting iconic image would never stand the test of time.

This is just plain idiotic. Mtn Dew? Why the :censored: do these atrocious grammatical skills that have developed over the past decade keep getting promoted? And they wonder why our education system is in the crapper.

spacer.png

This is the simple case of a company that is clearly second in the market, by a longshot, always trying to do something to be 1st and never will. I drink both Coke and Pepsi, but how many times in the past 10 years Pepsi has changed it's look. It seems to me they change because they can, not because they need to. It's not like anyone's going to catch Pepsi and pass them as they are a solid #2 in the market, but they just don't get it. Why do you go to a restaurant and order a Coke whether they serve Coke or Pepsi, because Coke has established itself as the brand and has not changed and is reliable in look and taste. Yes they had the debacle with New Coke and they learned, if it's tried and true don't change it. Coke is #1 and always will be. Pepsi is #2 and always will be, just deal with it and find a solid look and stick with it. This changing to change is just a waste of money for PepsiCo. that could be spent at other places. Whoever is running the marketing at PepsiCo. is clueless. I guarantee you if Pepsi and it's brands would go back to the 80's look, people would be probably happier with that look than any other look in the past 20 years. The smile, if it was just an animation that went back to the classic globe or on one side of the can, I can understand. If it's going to replace the globe, they're idiots. But then again it's not like it's going to push them past Coke, nor will they fall to #3, so I guess it's really no big deal because they're just stuck at #2 and will always be.

Remember this is a company that used to own Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut. Companies known for rolling out new products each month to cover for the fact that their core products are really mediocre.

I can't even remember the last time I drank a Pepsi let alone finished one.

And "Mtn Dew" is the sound one makes when they gag after the first sip of Mountain Dew.

None of this really sounds too great.

I guess it sounds good if you're trying to attract 13-16 year old teenaged girls to buy your products.

But I don't think that's what they're trying to do. :P

I am very eager to see the new logos though, especially Gaorade.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived