New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

200810141030560.08PEPSIGLOBE.jpg= spaldingball.jpg

I hope that means you think this revamp won't last long, because I hope so too! I read that the new Pepsi logo is supposed to resemble a smile. I hate this emphasis on smiling in logos these days.

Hopefully someone gets cracking on Pepsi FAIL! sigs. This logo deserves it far more than the Thunder's does (it is uninspired and a mess but there are worse logos, like the Toledo Storm logo).

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, except for the unforgivably atrocious spelling that's pandering to today's dumbed down society, I actually sort of like the direction that Mountain Dew is going in. Of course, good direction is nothing without good execution, which it lacks. As for Pepsi and Gatorade, no. Just no. That's terrible.

spacer.png

Actually, except for the unforgivably atrocious spelling that's pandering to today's dumbed down society, I actually sort of like the direction that Mountain Dew is going in. Of course, good direction is nothing without good execution, which it lacks. As for Pepsi and Gatorade, no. Just no. That's terrible.

The one thing I would change with the dew logo, is just called it diet dew instead of diet mtn. dew.

G**DAMN,it's worse than i though,I mean what the **** are they trying to do pander to more women,seriously?

but do what i did,bombard PepsiCo w/ phone calls and emails and and tell then your displeasure of the new logos and stuff.

After seeing how it's actually going to be used, I don't hate it outside of breaking the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

I also thought of the old diet pepsi cans when I saw the part about them going lower-case. I was hoping they'd do something similar to that.

G**DAMN,it's worse than i though,I mean what the **** are they trying to do pander to more women,seriously?

but do what i did,bombard PepsiCo w/ phone calls and emails and and tell then your displeasure of the new logos and stuff.

Soft drinks are serious business.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why do you go to a restaurant and order a Coke whether they serve Coke or Pepsi, because Coke has established itself as the brand and has not changed and is reliable in look and taste.

You DO realize that your statement is a regional thing, and not everyone does that, don't you?

Please - a very large percentage of posters on here have no idea what any bit of the world is like outside of the little piece that they occupy - and based on a few threads, most of those never care to find out. Not necessarily directed to oddball, but in general.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Mtn Dew Voltage"? Well, that is some confused imagery there.

"Mountain Dew" had been a brand that, true to the suggestions of its name, traded in imagery that was natural, outdoorsy, even rustic. Didn't they once run ads showing a group of kids swinging on a tire over the ol' swimmin' hole, and other such homespun scenes?

The word "voltage", a word carrying imagery of "energy" and "speed", would be a fitting complement to a name already possessing connotations of "power", such as "Gatorade". So, for instance, if the boys over at Pepsi were bringing out something called "Gatorade Voltage", then the connotations of these words would blend nicely -- and the metaphor of "athlete as finely tuned machine" would be lurking somewhere in the background, as a nice bonus.

But appending "voltage" to "Mountain Dew" creates a conceptual farrago. The best sense that the flailing brain can make out of this mess of colliding imagery ("rustic, countryside" meeting up with "electric, energetic") may be something like: the arrival in Mayberry of the first telegraph pole.

A very disappointing turn for my favourite soda. And I drink Mountain Dew a lot, so I am going to have to look quite often at that new "Mtn Dew" wordmark. (I have the urge to pronounce "mountain" without the vowels, in the manner of Michael Palin as the newsreader in the "Michael Ellis" sketch, saying "-nd of announcement".)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I love the "e" in the new pepsi wordmark. Great subtle way to integrate the wavy line from the old logo into the new design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To be honest, I really like everything that they did with the revamp, except the pepsi logo itself. I bet they thought that expanding the white for each product to reflect the product itself was cool but after seeing one logo for my entire life on a product, it will be difficult to like the new one. Perhaps that's just psychology, but those are my 2 cents.

Oh dear...this has the potential to be an epic disaster.

Mtn Dew? Are we texting it?

their new marketing campaing will be:

U dont haf 2 b thrsty. Drnk mtn dew!

Anyone else feel like the world is heading in the direction of that movie "Idiocracy"?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived