University of Oregon

bbills42

There is a lot of disapproval of the Oregon football uniforms with all their colors and combinations. I thought it would be fun to start developing some solutions. So if you got some concept ideas, lets see 'em.

I'll get things started:

Not my best work but somethin I threw together using a miami template. A little simpler than what they have now anyway.

oregon-1.jpg

USig.jpg

Those are pretty sweet actually, but its really hard to improve on perfection ;) . While I really like what the team has now, I actually just made an Oregon concept (which is below), but I haven't posted it yet because I'm working on a whole Pac 10 redesign and I wanted to finish the other teams first. I guess I'll "unveil" them now, because this seems like an appropriate place.

The idea behind this was to continue to make Oregon stand out, while simultaneously toning it down just a bit (for the older/boring/unimaginative crowd). When the older jerseys were being designed, the players said they wanted to feel like gladiators or warriors when they put the unis on. I thought "What could kick a gladiators ass? A superhero!" And that is where I went with this. The basic shape of the piping came from the costume Will Smith wears in "Hancock".

Tell me what you think and don't be too nice (its my first football concept, but I can take it). How do I make this better?

OregonFootballUnis-2.png

Those are pretty sweet actually, but its really hard to improve on perfection ;) . While I really like what the team has now, I actually just made an Oregon concept (which is below), but I haven't posted it yet because I'm working on a whole Pac 10 redesign and I wanted to finish the other teams first. I guess I'll "unveil" them now, because this seems like an appropriate.

The idea behind this was to continue to make Oregon stand out, while simultaneously toning it down just a bit (for the older/boring/unimaginative crowd). When the older jerseys were being designed, the players said they wanted to feel like gladiators or warriors when they put the unis on. I thought "What could kick a gladiators ass? A superhero!" And that is where I went with this. The basic shape of the piping came from the costume Will Smith wears in "Hancock".

Tell me what you think and don't be too nice (its my first football concept, but I can take it). How do I make this better?

OregonFootballUnis-2.png

The piping is a little to jagged for me, but overall, it's pretty good. I would suggest to make the name a color other than grey. I'm not too convinced on the numbers either, also too jagged.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Heres one i did a while ago

its a kind of a mix of past jerseys

The Pants - Joey Harrington Era

"Oregon" on Shoulders - Fife/Clemens Era

Numbers/White Helmet - Dixon/Current Era

oregonnew.jpg

I like the pants a lot on these unis. I love how the side stripes come to a point and the 'O' at the bottom really fits well there. The jerseys are so-so, the shoulders are just too busy, and the whole thing has too many large blocks of color. I'd try bringing the pant stripe all the way up under the armpit, like they did in the Joey era. I don't know what else the jerseys need, they just aren't quite doing it for me.

Either way, GO DUCKS.

Those are pretty sweet actually, but its really hard to improve on perfection ;) . While I really like what the team has now, I actually just made an Oregon concept (which is below), but I haven't posted it yet because I'm working on a whole Pac 10 redesign and I wanted to finish the other teams first. I guess I'll "unveil" them now, because this seems like an appropriate place.

OregonFootballUnis-2.png

One of the biggest problems with the Ducks' current uniforms is that there are too many combinations, yet you are showing 3 helmets, 4 jerseys and 4 pants. This doesn't help create a team identity.

One of the biggest problems with the Ducks' current uniforms is that there are too many combinations, yet you are showing 3 helmets, 4 jerseys and 4 pants. This doesn't help create a team identity.

I really like that they have so many combinations. I wanted to keep that. I'm not all for them wearing all their possible combinations (I don't need to see a white helmet, black jersey, and yellow pants for example), but my intention would be for them to have 10 or 12 usable combinations with this uniform set and that they just stick to those.

I don't think the team struggles with their identity.

I appreciate the comment though, do you have any advice on the design, that is what I'm most curious about. I'd love to make some improvements.

OregonFootballUnis-2.png

I like 'em. They're kinda crazy and usual but thats what Oregons about and I love it.

USig.jpg

I like them, except that the black jersey has green shoulders, while the rest are the same as the jersey. Make the shoulders black.

Or switch the shoulders on the others, I would be interested in seeing how those look, because personally I think those black ones look the best out of the group.

I like this thread.

Here is Oregon concept that has been sitting in my Photobucket for quite a few months, maybe a year. I never really finished it, no shoulder numbers, the wordmark is off,needs more logos, etc.

It was originally just an attempt to clean up their current unis, I think.

OregonFootballConcept-1.gif

Whatchu think? I might refine it soon.

Here are a couple updates based on what people have suggested. I originally made the shoulders of the black jersey green because I thought it flow better with a green helmet, and I was worried that w/o the green it would just be TOO much black on an Oregon jersey. I really like how the all black looks though, so now I'm torn . . .

DucksAltAllBlack.png

And here is the look with all the shoulders colored different than the base. While I think they actually have a very nice quality to them, I think I prefer the first version because there is something very clean and sleek with the double piping being the only design element. What do y'all think?

DucksUpdateContrastShoulders.png

I like this thread.

Here is Oregon concept that has been sitting in my Photobucket for quite a few months, maybe a year. I never really finished it, no shoulder numbers, the wordmark is off,needs more logos, etc.

It was originally just an attempt to clean up their current unis, I think.

OregonFootballConcept-1.gif

Whatchu think? I might refine it soon.

I think it looks good. A little refining will make it awesome.

USig.jpg

I think Elliot's design is really sweet, although it does need some work. I'd be interested to see what the back and the name plates look like. I have a hard time imagining where the pant stripes end up. The numbers don't fit either, but that is a really sweet template.

I've had these sitting around for a while, but never got around to finishing them. The black one is supposed to be reflective where there's a gradient. And of course you could mix and match, but I didn't feel like making a crap-load of alternates.

org-home.png

org-away.png

org-home-2.png

org-home-3.png

spacer.png

I've had these sitting around for a while, but never got around to finishing them. The black one is supposed to be reflective where there's a gradient. And of course you could mix and match, but I didn't feel like making a crap-load of alternates.

org-home.png

org-away.png

org-home-2.png

org-home-3.png

On the blacks, why are the front numbers different from the back? Otherwise, I like all of them, but I'm not too fond of the gradient.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

On the blacks, why are the front numbers different from the back? Otherwise, I like all of them, but I'm not too fond of the gradient.

The numbers are different colors because, well, it's Oregon. If anyone would do it, they would. And it's not a gradient, it's supposed to represent reflective material.

spacer.png

Archived