ColorWerx

Colorado Springs Sky Sox Unveil New Logo

42 posts in this topic

New Sky Sox uniforms a big hit

BOB STEPHENS

THE GAZETTE

The Colorado Springs Sky Sox found a professional to model new uniforms they officially unveiled Wednesday at Security Service Field.

And Dave Hajek voiced enthusiastic approval for the changes.

"I like it. I like it a lot," Hajek said. "I think it'll be a huge change for the players. They'll like it."

Hajek's opinion matters. He played for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox in 1999 and was last season's hitting coach for the Double-A Tulsa Drillers, another farm club for the Colorado Rockies.

Sky Sox general manager Tony Ensor and his staff displayed the team's new logo - which features Pikes Peak - and uniforms with a new color scheme of red, white and blue.

"They've created something new and exciting for the fans," said Hajek, who lives in Colorado Springs. "Fans will buy the souvenir stuff but we - as players and coaches - are the beneficiary of the new uniform and get to wear it every night."

Two high school players sporting the new look also offered an endorsement.

"I like the new look," Liberty senior outfielder Ray Marsh said. "The logo is great."

"I like the color scheme," Liberty senior catcher Dan Talley said. "The uniforms are much better."

Hajek said the uniform material is lightweight, flexible and comfortable.

Home whites and road grays are the usual uniform choices - no exception here - except the Sky Sox will wear navy blue tops with a red hat for Sunday home games. The navy top is also the daily batting practice jersey.

"We started considering a logo and uniform change in 2006, so this didn't happen overnight," said Ensor, who, like Hajek, was wearing his 2007 National League championship ring from the Rockies.

"We've spent a lot of time, effort and money over the last five years upgrading our stadium and operation. To modernize and re-brand our image for the fans was a natural progression."

Sky Sox Uniforms

I like the new logos and the font for what it is. Not what it could have been.

That being said, I wish they would have incorporated the light blue more in the unis. And I wish they would have included Colorado Springs on the away jersey. I like the city name on away unis. It shows local pride.

So, despite all my bitching, they did a good job.

AdRhVxMZ.jpg

LOVE the interlocking CS. I know the eyes look crazy on the mountain, but the overall look is an upgrade.

That being said, I wish they would have incorporated the light blue more in the unis. And I wish they would have included Colorado Springs on the away jersey. I like the city name on away unis. It shows local pride.

I prefer that too. However, you're not gonna be able to fit "Colorado Springs" onto the front of a jersey. Though, they could've put the CS logo on the left chest. Basically the same representation.

My main and pretty much only qualm is the fact that they have "Baseball" on the primary logo, but not "Colorado Springs". Gives it an incomplete feeling. Even if it had just said "Sky Sox" without "baseball" or the city, that would've been fine. But as is, "baseball" or "baseball club" feels like it should only appear on a logo when there's extra space for wording to fill up, with the location and nickname already appearing.

I don't care for the eyes but otherwise its a pretty good logo package. Also I'm glad they have concepts of the uniforms, I still have no idea what the Casper Ghosts away uniforms look like.

Hmmm

k96676-1023skysox.jpeg

RLocuYZt.jpg

Glad to see that MiLB has taken contrast so heavily into consideration <_<

Born and raised in the Springs, here. Sad to see the Sky Sox ditching the black and green - I actually thought that their previous unis, especially the word mark, were some of the best in the minors. But the team now returns to its roots with the red, white, and blue...will be interesting to see in action :) .

My sentiments exactly. More light blue in the uniform -- say, a light blue cap with a navy bill, thicker light blue piping with a navy center stripe, along with mandatory light blue socks -- would have raised this to A-minus territory. But as-is, this is a solid B.

Nice to see the community initials on the cap, instead of the nickname initial or a mascot. Baseball teams owe it to their communities to provide a cap that can represent the community. (Though were I a Colorado Springsian, I'd prefer the old interlocking CS logo to the new one, but the point is that it seems that most teams tend to move away from community-initial caps with redesigns, and the Sky Sox have kept the city name front and center.)

I like the new wordmark and colors. Most of the logos are smooth too. Only one I don't like is the mountains, the eyes and eyebrow clouds are rather cheesy.

Official game cap

Fitted_Game_Cap_500_x_500_300.jpg

Batting practice cap

BP_CAp_500_x_500_300.jpg

Batting practice jersey

BP_Jersey_500_x_500_300.jpg

Home jersey

Mens_Jersey_500_x_500_300.jpg

Home jersey

Mens_Jersey_500_x_500_300.jpg

SKY and SOX are each three characters long. Why does SOX have to intrude on the piping, while SKY fits fine to the left of it?

the gap between the two words would be huge.. if this were type set with a typical space between the two letters on a pull over it wouldn't look odd.. but due to where the text falls in relation to the center of the buttons and over lap on the jersey front you are gonna have this issue... would look better on a jersey with no piping.

why not just move sky over to the right a bit. thta way both words overlap the piping, giving some balance

I don't think it's a bad set at all. To me, this is an upgrade.

I like this new set as an upgrade, and I love that BP cap.

Yeah, I'll agree with the rest of you that it's an upgrade from the generic logo/unis the Sky Sox used to sport, but I'm still gonna miss the green.

I don't know anything about the SkySox but I like everything about this except what BBTV mentioned about the wordmark.