$17M of NY Tax Dollars at Work?

Waffles

I really can't tell if this is satire or a hoax or something of that sort since I had difficulties independently verifying this story on another credible news source, and because my state government is completely incapable of surprising me with its stupidity and incompetence and satire has lapped reality several times in Albany already. But apparently...

ilnystakt2c385_432836a.gif+ $17,000,000 =

parks385_432837a.gifiheartsnowtm_1_385_432835a.gif

Full article here.

Money quote:

It?s pretty brave of us to change a logo that?s been around for 31 years.

Brave isn't quite the word I was looking for at $17M. And, yes, I understand the $17M is for a larger branding/marketing initiative. I just think it's stupid to muck up a logo that succeeds on its simplicity with detail, and not worth whatever portion of that budget went to branding.

EDIT: Sigh. I guess it's real. Here's the press release from the Governor's office, in May. Wonder why this didn't get more press at the time...at least an outraged headline from the Post or something. Cue the "blind governor" jokes...

I offered to do the job for $12MM. I guess it's who you know.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived