Mizzou WILL wear gold jerseys

_RH_

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I was one who thought these didn't exist, but they do. In fact I saw pictures of them tonight. I'm assuming they'll wear them tomorrow vs. Kansas with black pants.

Link?

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-...message=6138725

In my four years at MU, I never saw gold jerseys anywhere, even fashion alternates at the bookstore.

Once again I express my skepticism over their ability to match golds.

We already know the shade of gold on the helmet does not match the one that's been used in the striping, but will the jersey match the striping on the pants (or if they go for the gold pants, the pants in general)?

Let's see if they will match the helmets and pants of the team, assuming there won't be any yellow on yellow whatsoever.

They've done a good job to match up the golds. I remember a couple of years ago it looked like they used yellow instead of gold for everything except the helmet. I highly doubt They go yellow/yellow, the stripe that goes from the side to the back is white, and wouldn't match their yellow pants. It'll probably be b/y/b or b/y/w

I'm pretty skeptical about them wearing these today. Kansas is the designated home team, so unless they recieved prior permission (like probably quite a while back), Mizzou would be wearing white. As a die-hard Mizzou fan, I'd say I wouldn't mind seeing these, probably only with white pants, but not for this game. Stick to the white.

EDIT: Just saw pics from last year. Could've sworn we were the home team last year. Oh well, in that case, maybe it won't be bad to see the gold, though I'd still prefer the black.

We already know the shade of gold on the helmet does not match the one that's been used in the striping, but will the jersey match the striping on the pants (or if they go for the gold pants, the pants in general)?

Well I believe they've been using the same helmets for much longer than they have been wearing these new Nike jerseys. The fabric color for the jersey should be the exact same as the pants, which we've already seen. So like you say it will be the stupid mustard color instead of gold.

P.S. It looks in pre-game as if Kansas is wearing white pants instead of their normal silver.

I'm pretty skeptical about them wearing these today. Kansas is the designated home team, so unless they recieved prior permission (like probably quite a while back), Mizzou would be wearing white. As a die-hard Mizzou fan, I'd say I wouldn't mind seeing these, probably only with white pants, but not for this game. Stick to the white.

EDIT: Just saw pics from last year. Could've sworn we were the home team last year. Oh well, in that case, maybe it won't be bad to see the gold, though I'd still prefer the black.

Yep, Mizzou is the designated home team. KU wore their home blues last year.

And I just saw them on TV. Yellow jerseys/black pants. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet, so we'll see. And they only showed Daniel, and there was no name on the back of the jersey, so it looks as if these will be blank.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Forget these jerseys. The biggest mistake was when they got this jersey style in 04. If they still had the same style from 02 and 03, the gold jerseys might look decent (old gold and traditional look), but it doesn't compare to the black.

Forget these jerseys. The biggest mistake was when they got this jersey style in 04. If they still had the same style from 02 and 03, the gold jerseys might look decent (old gold and traditional look), but it doesn't compare to the black.

I actually really like the jersey template. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes, but these yellow jerseys just don't look too good.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived