Recycled jerseys?!?

NickNickNick

Wow. That's quite the interesting find, NickNickNick. I never knew teams do things like that for their uniforms, though it is a good way to "recycle" them like you said. From the picture, it looks like "Wolf Pack" is very similar to a "namebar" and was just slapped on the front. Interesting find, nonetheless.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I have a UMass-Lowell game worn jersey from the mid-90s, and it looks like it was once a NY Rangers jersey. The CCM/NHL tag on the lower hem was covered up with a patch the same color blue as the jersey itself.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That's pretty wild, closest I've seen is them covering up outdated manufacturer logos (Koho, Pro Player, Starter, etc.)

When Joe Pavelski was first called up to the Sharks he had an upside down Reebok logo on the back of his white jersey for a couple games, no doubt covering up a CCM one.

Some early Sidney Crosby authentics I saw in the team store had the new NHL shield covering up the old one too.

1zgyd8w.jpg

That's pretty wild, closest I've seen is them covering up outdated manufacturer logos (Koho, Pro Player, Starter, etc.)

When Joe Pavelski was first called up to the Sharks he had an upside down Reebok logo on the back of his white jersey for a couple games, no doubt covering up a CCM one.

Some early Sidney Crosby authentics I saw in the team store had the new NHL shield covering up the old one too.

Back in the day, some Newark Bears jerseys were recycled Yankee pinstripes. And some Trenton Senators uniforms were recycled Washington Senators uniforms, too.

Then of course, there's the Brewers recycling the Pilots jerseys since the move was only approved near the end of Spring Training.

True enough. A quick seam ripper action, and it's a brand-new club.

As mentioned, it used to be pretty common for farm clubs to re-use the big club's old jerseys. You'd be surprised how many game-worn jerseys from big names like Willie Mays or Mickey Mantle come up for auction with minor-league customizations. They recycled everything back then.

I'm sure that the Braves still recycle their old unis through the minors.

Actually, they stopped in the late 90's, and kept Wilson as the supplier for the AAA and AA teams. Can't speak for single A Rome The style is still identical, so MLB players can wear their jerseys from the show when on rehab stints. Of course, Gwinnett's new look will end that.

Back in the day, some Newark Bears jerseys were recycled Yankee pinstripes. And some Trenton Senators uniforms were recycled Washington Senators uniforms, too.

I remember reading about that. They left the N and K on from "New York" and replaced everything in the middle.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Actually, they stopped in the late 90's, and kept Wilson as the supplier for the AAA and AA teams. Can't speak for single A Rome The style is still identical, so MLB players can wear their jerseys from the show when on rehab stints. Of course, Gwinnett's new look will end that.

I should have realized that considering that 1) I have been Braves minor league jerseys on sale with the Wilson emblem and 2) I believe that one team has a red mesh pullover as an alternate/BP top, something that is not used by the home club. I just remember hearing that fact on TBS many years ago and thought they still did it.

It definitely happened with the White Sox in the past - their Class A farm club in Appleton in the late 70s got to wear the "collared" shirts complete with the old-style lettering. They never broke out the shorts, tho.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

A lot of NHL teams used to recycle jerseys, although I doubt any of them do with the new edge uniforms. I know the Bruins used to do it, and I'm pretty sure that the Blackhawks did the same.

..a fellow GW jersey collector came across a whole storage unit with original jerseys given by the Chicago Blackhawks to the Portland Winterhawks for their innaugural season of the WHL. The jerseys are the blackhawks and tagged in 73,74 and a few 76. It has the wilson and gunzo tags, with the unique chain stiching on the emblems that gunzo used.

FishNChips_200.jpg

I have some West Haven Yankees jerseys from the late 1970s (AA-Eastern League) where you can still see where the "interlocking NY" was on the jersey and they still have the original NY Yankee player name tag in it. I have one from Dock Ellis and one from Doc Medich.

I also have a West Haven Whitecaps jersey from the early 1980s which was a late 1970s Oakland A's jersey.

I should have realized that considering that 1) I have been Braves minor league jerseys on sale with the Wilson emblem and 2) I believe that one team has a red mesh pullover as an alternate/BP top, something that is not used by the home club. I just remember hearing that fact on TBS many years ago and thought they still did it.

And don't forget that the MLB Braves' away jerseys say "Atlanta" while the farm club roadies always say "Braves." I saw the R-Braves (RIP) play many times in Rochester and they always said just "Braves" on them. And DYK that the R-Braves NOB tags used heat-sealed Vin-Flex (vinyl) rather than tackle twill. :blink:

Archived