Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else think the jersey would have been better with red lettering?

Yes, it's called 1990-2008 Boston Red Sox road jersey.

ortiz_high_5.jpg

Use the current font for the chest lettering along with red twill outlined in blue and you have a decent update of the 90-08 road uni. You can add the "hanging Sox" patch if you like. But in any case, the lettering should remain the same coloring.

patriotssignature.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Red Sox broke out the navy road jerseys tonight for the first time in a long time and are wearing them with red sleeves and red socks. I think we can finally say the disaster that was the Blue Sox look is finally dead and buried.

3620294409_57bfe50383.jpg

daac6f27-9d78-411e-a3b2-4a69b4a121ed.jpg

I wanted them to have blue uniforms for a long time!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

That's what my dad thought too. I can pretty clearly tell it's blue, but it is rather dark. But, navy is inherently dark anyway, so I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

I've always loved the blue jersey and actually own a couple BP's from the 90's. Definitely my favorite Sox jersey.

The Red Sox have always looked better in navy practice shirts than red ones, because red lettering looks better on navy than navy on red. Overdoing the red this decade seemed like an effort to make the Red Sox as diametrically opposed to the Yankees as possible: blue team bad, red team good. It also smacked of an overt money grab, and here we are again on that front.

That said, the Red Sox shouldn't be in anything other than white or grey during actual games. Not red, not even navy, and certainly not green.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not a fan of how the Red Sox have whored themselves out after winning a couple championships. Watching the game Friday night, with the blue jerseys and socks on the hat, they looked more like a beer league softball team than the classy, historic major league team that they are. The B hat is the only one needed, and for a team like that, white and gray jerseys are enough.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

That said, the Red Sox shouldn't be in anything other than white or grey during actual games. Not red, not even navy, and certainly not green.

I agree. There are some teams with a great visual identity who don't need, and shouldn't wear, an alternate. The Yankees, the Dodgers, the Giants, and most certainly the Red Sox.

Archived