Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

fishheatcats

I am currently living in Richmond, and one name I have always favored for this area (although it is not PC) is the Richmond Grays (the CSA were Gray, and they used to have the Blue Gray college football game). I just think its a game name for historical references. Or Richmond Revolution.

I'll take Washington. I'm atrocious at team names, anyone got an idea for me?

Well it really depends on what city you want to base the team in. I would suggest Richmond, Virginia Beach, maybe Annapolis. Something to do with the Navy maybe? How 'bout Annapolis Arsenal?

I like Richmond-- maybe the Richmond Rebels (as Capital of the CSA, but maybe too controversial) or the Richmond Revolution, Richmond Caps (taken from its nickname of Cap City)

But if you want to go with

VA Beach (good location!) you can try Hampton Roads Heathens! (totally kidding), Virginia Presidents (state known as the "Mother of Presidents"), yeah actually i can't think of any more.

Annapolis (I don't know if this would be the best because of the presence of the USNA football program): (I really like the Arsenal) Annapolis Admirals, Annapolis Sailors

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, here's the Milwaukee Wolfpack. The logo is basically a reworking of the Packers' "G" into an "M" that's also (roughly) the shape of a wolf's head. I also use the "G" itself as a chest patch.

Go! Pack! Go!

wolfpackhomepr9.png

wolfpackawayiu4.png

Looks more like a 3 that fell over and got hurt and abunny to me :D

jongarlanduj6.jpg

Here's the Broncos team. The Salt Lake City Bucks! I used the old bronco blue.

Logos:

bucks.gif

Uniforms:

Untitled-1.gif

I like the idea, but...why do you have a moose in the "Bucks" logo and then Elk as the rest of the logo?

While it's funny that the proper animals were not used....I can't believe no one pulled out that te color is most certainly not the old broncos blue.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

Doesn't appear that anyone's reserved Tampa Bay or Jacksonville...so I'll call J'ville and go out of the box with it...

Team name, locale, colors, and such to come...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

here are the fort wayne generals (named after general anthony wayne) anyways here are the logos, and helmet... give me somefeedback

fwbw1.jpg

w640.png

Anthony Wayne was only a 2 star general. So, although the helmet logo looks great, it doesn't quite fit with the team if they're named after him.

As for the project, I guess I'll take a crack at Detroit's reserve team. I'm thinking Grand Rapids, Windsor, or Toledo.

spacer.png

here are the fort wayne generals (named after general anthony wayne) anyways here are the logos, and helmet... give me somefeedback

fwbw1.jpg

w640.png

Anthony Wayne was only a 2 star general. So, although the helmet logo looks great, it doesn't quite fit with the team if they're named after him.

To add to that...in many sports identities, I see five stars used often as a logo. IIRC, the last five-star general in the military was Omar Bradley, back during the WWII times. (I also believe someone was posthumously promoted to 5-star back in 1976, although the name escapes me.)

But...that's all nitpicky stuff from me here, so take that for what it's worth--and bear in mind that this is all just my two rusted Lincolns. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here's the Broncos team. The Salt Lake City Bucks! I used the old bronco blue.

Logos:

bucks.gif

Uniforms:

Untitled-1.gif

I like the idea, but...why do you have a moose in the "Bucks" logo and then Elk as the rest of the logo?

While it's funny that the proper animals were not used....I can't believe no one pulled out that te color is most certainly not the old broncos blue.

True...This shade of blue is a bit darker than the blue they used from 1977-1996 and WAY darker than the blue from 1970-76...I was so distracted by the misuse of "Bucks" that I didn't care about the color...

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

i was thinking based on the history of Pawtucket and the State of Rhode Island ( birthplace of the industrial revolution in the states)

Pawtucket Millers

Pawtucket Industrials

Pawtucket Generals

Pawtucket Colonials

Pawtucket Revolutionaries

Pawtucket Americans

Pawtucket Rebels

Pawtucket Whigs

Rhode Island Millers

Rhode Island Industrials

Rhode Island Generals

Rhode Island Colonials

Rhode Island Revolutionaries

Rhode Island Americans

Rhode Island Rebels

Rhode Island Whigs

First thing that came to my head was Slaters Mill, Mills, Millers, Revolution, etc... Gotta play off the Pawtucket River.

There is no Pawtucket River, the main river that runs through that city is the Blackstone. You might have been thinking of the Pawtuxet River, which runs through Cranston, Warwick, and West Warwick mainly. That or the Pawcatuck River, running more towards Connecticut.

And I was thinking for team name:

Pawtucket Pats

Pawtucket Revs (As in revolutionaries, just shorter)

or Rhode Island Reds

what do you think?

TDZiMMB.png

I'll reserve the Rams.

I'm thinking maybe Columbia, Mo. (Imagine the games at Faurot Field. ;) ) Either that, or maybe in Illinois. You gotta look at the market of the possible cities and the logistics of a stadium plan...

Or you can just pick where ever the hell you want and not worry about anything else... I kinda like that rationale.

I'll have to work on this for little while, but I definately call RAMS!!!

EDIT: Help me choose, Columbia, my own town of Springfield, or Memphis, like the Cardinals do? (I know Springfield is heavily Chiefs territory, but I figured they'd probably go to like Omaha or something, like the Royals. And I know Memphis may make more sense for Tennessee [Nashville], but with the resentment the 2 cities have, especially have the whole Oilers/Titans fiasco, you think they would be willing to be the "reserve" squad for the Titans?)

EDIT... Again: My primary choice is now the Memphis Pharaohs, of which, I believe, the Rams colors of Navy and Gold will work nicely. (May change them up or add a color. I'll have to see. Looking at pics, most are primarily blue and gold, with maybe a hint of red on their chest pieces.) If enough people think one of the other choices would be better, I may make a change.

Here are just some suggestive cities, kinda using the Triple-A format of cities that could have or are just below the "major league" level. Essentially, going with cities that would be next in line for NFL teams... if they were to actually add more (which I'm not advocating, btw). And obviously not all are NFL-caliber cities either. I couldn't think of ones for Chicago and Pittsburgh, and the rest are just ideas. Some may discard some of the cities, and I'm not saying not to. I just did it for the hell of it.

NFC

East

Dallas Oklahoma City

NY Giants Connecticut (I'd suggest Hartford, personally)

Philadelphia Scranton-WB(?)

Washington Hampton Roads

South

Atlanta Birmingham

Carolina Raleigh

New Orleans Little Rock

Tampa Bay Orlando

North

Chicago

Detroit Montreal(?)

Green Bay Milwaukee

Minnesota St. Paul or Winnipeg

West

St. Louis Memphis

Arizona Albuquerque

San Francisco San Jose

Seattle Portland

AFC

East

Buffalo Toronto

Miami West Palm Beach

New England Providence

NY Jets Brooklyn/Long Is.

South

Houston San Antonio

Indianapolis Fort Wayne

Jacksonville Tallahassee

Tennesse Knoxville

North

Baltimore Richmond

Cincinnati Louisville

Cleveland Columbus

Pittsburgh

West

Denver Salt Lake City

Kansas City Omaha

Oakland Las Vegas

San Diego Los Angeles

Totally disregard this if you feel like it. I don't really care. I just did it to do it. ^_^

I'm on board with Arizona Cardinals, with the city in Albuquerque, NM Thunderbirds

You know you got to watch out for those left turns down in Albuquerque, The team could find themselves playing in Alaska, the Sahara Desert, or even the moon. (well it worked for Bugs Bunny!) :P

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Okay guys we've got 23 teams reserved so far, I think we'll be able to get all 32 without anyone having to do 2 or more. Here are the teams still available:

New York Giants

Washington Redskins

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Chicago Bears

Tennessee Titans

Pittsburgh Steelers

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Once all the teams have been claimed, and all the affiliate cities have been established, I'll divide everyone up into 4 divisions, as geographically accurate as possible, North, South, East and West. Then once everyone gets their concepts in then we'll start the first round of voting. Up until the final concept is posted, you can update your submission if you wish, but once everyone's is up, what's posted is final.

Voting procedures:

Everyone will vote for their favorite in each division, and the winners will advance to the playoff stage.

I'll flip a coin to determine which division faces which

Then we'll have two semi-final match-ups, followed by the championship.

Voting will begin as soon as every concept is posted, and each round will go on for 5 days. Also I'll only count votes from members with 50 posts or more to prevent cheating. I guess I'll come up with some reward sigs too for the 4 division champions and the overall champ.

One last thing, when you post your concept(and if you already have if you can edit this in it would be appreciated) please include the url(s) for your image(s), without the %7Boption%7D tags(so that it doesn't actually show up again), for example http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6503/palmbeachmw8.gif

That way when I'm setting up the polling threads I won't have to save and upload 31 other images to link to, I can just paste in the links that are already available. Thanks.

Okay guys we've got 23 teams reserved so far, I think we'll be able to get all 32 without anyone having to do 2 or more. Here are the teams still available:

New York Giants

Washington Redskins

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Chicago Bears

Tennessee Titans

Pittsburgh Steelers

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Once all the teams have been claimed, and all the affiliate cities have been established, I'll divide everyone up into 4 divisions, as geographically accurate as possible, North, South, East and West. Then once everyone gets their concepts in then we'll start the first round of voting. Up until the final concept is posted, you can update your submission if you wish, but once everyone's is up, what's posted is final.

Voting procedures:

Everyone will vote for their favorite in each division, and the winners will advance to the playoff stage.

I'll flip a coin to determine which division faces which

Then we'll have two semi-final match-ups, followed by the championship.

Voting will begin as soon as every concept is posted, and each round will go on for 5 days. Also I'll only count votes from members with 50 posts or more to prevent cheating. I guess I'll come up with some reward sigs too for the 4 division champions and the overall champ.

Actually, I'd say 100 votes or a join date.

But that's just me.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived