2009 NBA All-Star Jerseys

Jumpman085

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. There's still a few things that are spec:

The name under the nameplate. It's gotta stop.

Ever since adidas has been the outfitter for the NBA, they've put the three stripes down the side--unnecessary IMO.

Better than last years, though last year's WEST and EAST wordmarks along with the number font were better. The only thing off putting about that uniform was the dual color.

The phoenix design on the shorts are a nice touch, integrated with the striped gradient.

Did 2K9 have these as an option standard or is there an add-on package to download these?

Live doesn't come with these in the game, so there must be, given that they even put these in the game

I really disagree here. There is simply more room under the number to put a name, and a straight NOB under the number looks far better to me than a arched name that is squeezed into the space between the shoulder blades. I personally wish more teams would go this route.

And yes, I do realize I'm way in the minority here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really disagree here. There is simply more room under the number to put a name, and a straight NOB under the number looks far better to me than a arched name that is squeezed into the space between the shoulder blades. I personally wish more teams would go this route.

That is a great point that I've never thought about. An easily readable name below the number is much better than an illegible, squished arched name above it. (Ironic example)

If they can do a straight name across the bottom that means they can do a straight name across the top too. You'll notice with the names on the bottom the letters are extremely narrow. (i.e. AS 2007 and AS 2006 jerseys with the names under the number).

That Stoudemire jersey, the name would fit even if it wasn't arched. That's also a replica jersey, the authentic isn't nearly as bad.

If they can do a straight name across the bottom that means they can do a straight name across the top too. You'll notice with the names on the bottom the letters are extremely narrow. (i.e. AS 2007 and AS 2006 jerseys with the names under the number).

That Stoudemire jersey, the name would fit even if it wasn't arched. That's also a replica jersey, the authentic isn't nearly as bad.

I think the Pistons do (and always did) the straight NOB on top of their numbers, but the letters seem narrower to accommodate the reduced space. It's just fact that unless you move the number way down, there is just less space for a straight NOB when you have tapered shoulders (which every team has, now that the Sixers have ditched their tank tops.)

I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd love for an NBA team to go with the name below number thing full time (not just for thowbacks, like the Kings could do.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Another example then. You have to admit, this would look much better if the name were under the numerals.

I don't know man--I'm just not a fan of the name under the number whatsoever.

I'd rather read it as NOWITZKI -- #41

As opposed to 41 -- NOWITZKI. Like the player's name is an afterthought. That's just my opinion.

And adidas-- I think they've done more damage than they have good.

The Bucks' revamp isn't anything to write home about. The Wizards' gold alt is horrific. The TWolves new secondary has no green in it and it still has yellow eyes and a pink tongue. And the trees look like ones you'd get from a lego set. The uniforms are just plain messy. The new Kings' uniforms are weird. The new Magic uniform wordmarks are weird, though the uniforms are cool. And jeez every All Star uniform they've done have had the damn 3 stripes down the side. Uncalled for.

The only things that I can say adidas did great on was the Hawks new stuff, and the Hornets' new stuff. Both of those sets are great.

That is a great point that I've never thought about. An easily readable name below the number is much better than an illegible, squished arched name above it. (Ironic example)

The Stoudemire authentic is even more radical in its radial arch.

1968919182_a0eca7fbae.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

It is a little more radical, but also more legible and larger, and the letters are not kerned as closely.

This is true, but it does look dumber.

Also, about the actual All-Star jerseys. I think they're okay. The gradient is integrated as well as gradient can be, I guess. The wordmarks and numerals are goofy, but at least they're legible and consistent with the rest of the All-Star identity for this year. That's all you can really ask. The bird design on the shorts is cool, and the 3 stripes aren't prevalent on the West jerseys anyway.

Oh, and no two-toned-ness. Upgrade.

Archived