Hidden meanings in logos

• Please log in to reply
491 replies to this topic

#1 nyiles39

nyiles39

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 00:54

Hey all i just wanted to see if anyone found out are see hidden meanings in team logos that some franchises do for example:

the brewers glove and ball logo make a M and B the flacons logo makes a F theres a S and J in the new shark logo and the Oliers side path with the man on it the screwbolts in the logo stand for i beliave cups they win.

It always fastinated me when teams do this and i just wanted to hear what ppl found out about certian logos that franchises have done this.

#2 the admiral

the admiral
  • I LISTEN TO THE INDIGO GIRLS

• Members
  • 19,744 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 01:24

The Vancouver Grizzlies logo was actually a series of codes for how to rig NBA games developed by the Freemasons. The code was cracked. Why else would they have moved to Memphis?
The females in the establishment start admiring Dirty for his assets, which just causes Dirty to return to the situation at hand: his money. He asks for the females' assistance in rectifying the situation, and subsequently asks them to expose their nether regions. Dirty finishes off the song with some nonsensical lyrics, that clearly imply his rising anger for the missing money.

#3 Arts11

Arts11

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 02:14

Hey all i just wanted to see if anyone found out are see hidden meanings in team logos that some franchises do for example:

the brewers glove and ball logo make a M and B the flacons logo makes a F theres a S and J in the new shark logo and the Oliers side path with the man on it the screwbolts in the logo stand for i beliave cups they win.

It always fastinated me when teams do this and i just wanted to hear what ppl found out about certian logos that franchises have done this.

Where are the "S & J" in the new Sharks' logo? Can someone point it out to me, I just can't seem to see it. :wacko:

#4 Billy B

Billy B
  • Is it football season yet?

• Members
  • 6,773 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 02:22

There is a forest, star, moon, and river in the Wild logo.

fightingillini-wordmark.jpg

#5 jhans203

jhans203

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 02:49

Where are the "S & J" in the new Sharks' logo? Can someone point it out to me, I just can't seem to see it. :wacko:

There is the secondary logo that has the obvious "SJ" print, but I can't see anything on their logo, past or present.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

#6 ericjjyy

ericjjyy

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 07:53

There is the secondary logo that has the obvious "SJ" print, but I can't see anything on their logo, past or present.

it's in the fins of the primary. It's pretty hard to make out if you go to NHLTOL you'll find it on the third page of archives if you click on the sharks logo on the sidebar.

#7 Cujo

Cujo
  • Duke City

• Members
  • 18,042 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 08:05

One that's sorta obvious is the "W" on the chest of the Washington Wizard.

Posted Image

abq_sig_red.png

cujo_twitter.png

#8 Neon_Matrix

Neon_Matrix
  • Official Hater Of Everything Senators

• Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 08:32

it's in the fins of the primary. It's pretty hard to make out if you go to NHLTOL you'll find it on the third page of archives if you click on the sharks logo on the sidebar.

Can you provide a link? I cannot find this post which you are talking about.
Posted Image
Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

#9 WeHailTheeCarolina

WeHailTheeCarolina

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 12:47

Posted Image

Right part of the head of the Philly Eagle's logo makes an "E"
Posted Image

#10 raysox

raysox
  • 2014 Creamer Award // Best Concept Series

• Members
  • 5,637 posts

• Favourite Logos:Sideways Senators head, Texans primary, Bruins bear alternate, Sounders crest

Posted December 26, 2008 - 12:49

The yellow splotch on some Rays logos is a sun ray, AND a sting ray.

#11 karby65

karby65

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 13:07

The Blues' bluenote is a 64th note. Doesn't sound significant until you know that St. Louis was established as a settlement/city in 1764. Are there any other primary logos tie the city in with the team itself without the use of letters or writing the city in the logo?

#12 Korkie

Korkie
  • This is a bunch of stuff!

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 13:22

^ Obvious, but the Phillies using the Liberty Bell. Teams using the cities skylines.
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.
Tyler: That's neat.
Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

#13 Gothamite

Gothamite
  • five boroughs, one City.

• Members
  • 22,167 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 14:11

Didn't know that about the Blues' note. Cool.

#14 _RH_

_RH_
  • Agitated

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 14:18

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:
Posted Image

#15 Gothamite

Gothamite

• Members
  • 22,167 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 14:37

I think the fact that you need to include a "?" in that graphic pretty much confirms that it is indeed a coincidence.

#16 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 3,675 posts

• Favourite Logos:Old-school: Montreal Canadiens
      New-school: Minnesota Wild

Posted December 26, 2008 - 14:42

If you include league/conference logos, don't forget the number "11" formed by the spaces in between letters in the Big Ten Conference wordmark.
Posted Image

#17 Gothamite

Gothamite

• Members
  • 22,167 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 14:44

Yeah, that's a good one.

Posted Image

#18 Mockba

Mockba
  • Blam.

• The Man Behind the Curtain
  • 12,753 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 15:35

The Vancouver Grizzlies logo was actually a series of codes for how to rig NBA games developed by the Freemasons. The code was cracked. Why else would they have moved to Memphis?

Do you have to crap on every thread here? Please quit.

SupportYourLocalClub.com | 105 years... and counting | KevinJoseph.net | Behance portfolio
POTD 2013-08-22

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

#19 209Cane

209Cane

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted December 26, 2008 - 15:48

Not really having to do with sportslogos at all..but have you ever noticed the Pro-Drug Use tones of the Super Mario games?

#20 Shumway

Shumway
  • Rally Time!

• Members
  • 9,200 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anything with a mascot in a sweater or anthropomorphic foods.

Posted December 26, 2008 - 16:31

I'm sure everyone knows this'n, but here goes...

Although I'm not entirely sure what the "elb" stood for (Expos Le Baseball, or something of the like?), the logo was an "M".
Posted Image

And obviously, the colors have to do with French-ness.