Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9dtq0qlm5fg5e5nhaipw.gif

The red in this logo forms an "A," and the blue around the eye forms an "a."

Wow. Never noticed that one.

And on another note, why the hell aren't the Hawks using this logo as their primary already??

They probably don't feel like ponying up 250 large to make it "officially" the primary.

Dastard NBA. <_<

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9dtq0qlm5fg5e5nhaipw.gif

The red in this logo forms an "A," and the blue around the eye forms an "a."

Wow. Never noticed that one.

And on another note, why the hell aren't the Hawks using this logo as their primary already??

They probably don't feel like ponying up 250 large to make it "officially" the primary.

Dastard NBA. <_<

$250K pocket change to most NBA teams.

...So make it happen, Atlanta!

6uXNWAo.png

Not actually a logo, but UCLA's basketball jerseys have a hidden meaning. They have 100 NCAA championships in total. And of course, "C" stands for 100 in Roman numerals. So, the C is gold:

UCLA Jersey

100 CHAMPIONSHIPS!?!?!? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine it would be something more like 100 years in existance.

say they won, on average, just for ha ha's, once every 3 years. they would have had to exist long before the existance of modern basketball

Not actually a logo, but UCLA's basketball jerseys have a hidden meaning. They have 100 NCAA championships in total. And of course, "C" stands for 100 in Roman numerals. So, the C is gold:

UCLA Jersey

100 CHAMPIONSHIPS!?!?!? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine it would be something more like 100 years in existance.

say they won, on average, just for ha ha's, once every 3 years. they would have had to exist long before the existance of modern basketball

100 NCAA Championships in all sports combined.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Super_Bowl_XLIII_Logo.png

According to Wikipedia

''Eight yards of playing field are shown, alluding to the game's status as the championship of the 2008 NFL season.''

068_fedex.png There's an arrow between the Ex

san_diego_swastika.jpg

Not really a logo but very interesting Birdseye of the San Diego Navel Armory looks like planes attacking a swastika

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

According to Wikipedia

''Eight yards of playing field are shown, alluding to the game's status as the championship of the 2008 NFL season.''

I highly doubt that to be true. It's more likely that given the design idea, 8 yards was what made the point fall in the middle.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

UCLA Jersey

Now that's something clever and cool.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

According to Wikipedia

I highly doubt that to be true. It's more likely that given the design idea, 8 yards was what made the point fall in the middle.

Or it could be a set of 5 yards and a set of 3 yards, for the 53rd Super Bowl.

spacer.png

According to Wikipedia

Except that it is the 43rd Super Bowl

According to Wikipedia

068_fedex.png There's an arrow between the Ex

san_diego_swastika.jpg

Not really a logo but very interesting Birdseye of the San Diego Navel Armory looks like planes attacking a swastika

I have seen that before. That's pretty cool.

I see the swastika, but where are the planes?

And that FedEx one I've known for a while, but after I realized that, its about the only thing I see whenever one of their trucks pass by. Now I see the arrow before FedEx.

Wade-sig.png

According to Wikipedia

Except that it is the 43rd Super Bowl

Nevermind, it was a bad joke that made sense at the time. It probably only makes sense in my head.

spacer.png

I see the swastika, but where are the planes?

And that FedEx one I've known for a while, but after I realized that, its about the only thing I see whenever one of their trucks pass by. Now I see the arrow before FedEx.

The planes are the other buildings similar in shape to the swastikas. They look like planes in brackets, like this: [+] kinda.

This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

:cry:

Don't see the beaver...

Yeah, can we get another one of those outline pictures? I can see what would be the teeth and the eyes, but the huge mustache is preventing me from being able to see a beaver I think...

OK... I'm REALLY trying to bite my tongue here...

This is WAY too obvious a set up. :D

Haha, oh, wow, not sure how I missed the innuendo in that post... But seriously guys, help me find the beaver. :P

When you are ready for the beaver, the beaver will find you.

Sweet. I just saw the beaver.

(I hope I'm saying that sometime on New Year's.)

I honestly never saw the man's face until today, and I'm a big CFL fan. I always thought it was just a beaver with a moustache and a hat... my mind has been blown.

Archived