Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that haven't been able to see the beaver yet (and it took me a good 15 minutes--I seriously thought it was a CCSLC-wide joke), maybe this will help:

Original:

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Modified to highlight beaverocity:

Beaver.gif

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Not in the least. I think it's a stretch to analyze that part of the logo anyway. I could go on about conspiracy theories involving the NHL, the Avs, and such, but I'm sure it was coincidental.

I know it's not supposed to be a face, but when you think about it, that part of the logo looks like absolute garbage. It does not resemble anything, I cannot tell what it's supposed to be (icicles?), and it obstructs a clean view of the puck. It wouldn't be too crazy for someone to sneak an image in there, since the finished product looks like crap regardless.

Now I wonder, since it's not a face, why does that part of the logo look so messy?

In short, it's not crazy to analyze that part of the logo. I just don't think it's intentionally a face, but all parts of that stupid logo are subject to critique.

The sharp pieces are not really meant to be icicles, they're motion lines. The puck is at the front of the avalanche flowing down the A, and those little blue/white shards are motion lines showing that the puck is really bookin' and the snow is essentially attached to it.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

For those that haven't been able to see the beaver yet (and it took me a good 15 minutes--I seriously thought it was a CCSLC-wide joke), maybe this will help:

Original:

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Beaver.gif

It is not a CCSLC-wide joke, but it might as well be. It's clearly a trapper, and the beaver is very likely accidental. Plus, now this thread is just people showing obvious logos, like the Arkansas-Pine Bluff one.

I still find it amazing that people saw it as a beaver before seeing it as a trapper. That is the mark of a bad logo.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but when people are talking about the Ottawa roughriders logo being a beaver face, I see another beaver but its in the guy's hat. If you just look at the black coloured part of the guy's hat, you can see the outline of a beaver... it's tail is at the left most part of the hat (that's black colored) and it's two arms/hands are pointing to the right. I might be wrong, but that's what I see...

Netherlands.png

Credit lost_limey

The sharp pieces are not really meant to be icicles, they're motion lines. The puck is at the front of the avalanche flowing down the A, and those little blue/white shards are motion lines showing that the puck is really bookin' and the snow is essentially attached to it.

I agree. I never thought of that area as more than a puck screaming down a mountain, riding an avalanche.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

Original:

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Beaver.gif

That basically confirm that somebody dropped acid in everyone's water and that there's no beaver, since beavers don't wear hats or bandannas or grow moustaches.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Archived