Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
068_fedex.png

I know about the arrow. But I always wondered why there is a spoon in there as well.

Spoon? There's a spoon?

It's a stretch, but look at the white bottom half of the "e".

And that's intentional?

The white bottom half is the arrow.

He's talking about the lowercase e. He said "e" not "E". :D

068_fedex.png

I know about the arrow. But I always wondered why there is a spoon in there as well.

Spoon? There's a spoon?

It's a stretch, but look at the white bottom half of the "e".

And that's intentional?

The white bottom half is the arrow.

He's talking about the lowercase e. He said "e" not "E". :D

Oh. Never mind.

The "I" in the islanders logo points almost exactly to nassau coliseum. I don't think this is a coincidence because the word Islanders is shifted to the left of the circle rather than being in the center, and the "I" is higher than the "S" at the end.

138.gif

longislandmap.jpg

Also, for the final time, the map in the logo does not include Brooklyn and Queens... only Nassau and Suffolk counties.

longisland.jpg

On the Islanders 3rd/Throwback jersey, there are four pieces of tape on the stick which represent the team's four Stanley Cups.

http://www.rivercitysports.com/product_sho...pics/137597.jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but after reading page after page of people talking about "seeing the beaver," I had to take my fiancee upstairs and see it for myself.

Bad jokes aside, a few I thought of:

The interlocking NY on the Yankees hat was an image used on the headstones of police and firemen.

The Mets colors came from the Dodgers (Blue) and NY Giants (Orange and black)

The NY Rangers old 3rd jersey logo; Lady Liberty, was an imaged long used by Mike Richter on his helmet.

The Buffalo Bills were named after Buffalo Bill (according to his museum)

On the Blue Jackets former alt logo of is wearing a Union Army hat which is a testiment part played in supplying the Union army during the Civil War played by both Columbus and the building they play in.

I wish I could remember the meaning but maybe one of you does - I was pretty sure the chevrons on the circle of the Ottawa Senators logo had some meaning. Stanley Cups won during their previous incarnation or something like that.

The red and black C's on the Carolina Hurricanes logo. Of course, the incorrect representation of a Hurricane flag on their shoulders & 3rd jersey (that I REALLY wish they would fix!)

The Canucks logo pays homage to Orca Bay Sports who owns the team.

The Thrasher is the official bird of Georgia.

Funny note - the Bigfoot emblem on the Avalanche shoulders was meant to be a one year phenomenon, but after winning the Cup, Patrick Roy, who was "slightly" superstitious, insisted it stay.

The "stars" on the Steelers logo were taken from US Steel.

The three stars on the Titans logo represent something. I couldn't find it in my brief search though.

The feather on the FSU Seminole's head says "FSU" on it.

Bad jokes aside, a few I thought of:

The interlocking NY on the Yankees hat was an image used on the headstones of police and firemen.

Close. The interlocking NY was created in the 1870s by Louis B. Tiffany for the NYPD Medal of Honor, bestowed on a patrolman shot in the line of duty.

Your list is interesting, but are those really "hidden meanings" in the logos?

The three stars on the Titans logo represent something. I couldn't find it in my brief search though.

Tennessee state flag

us-tn.gif

Also....Nashville is referred to as "The Athens of the South"......Meaning Athens Greece....meaning Olympics.....meaning the Olympic flame......Hence why the thumbtack has flames on it.

iq5b7nF.png

And the three stars on the Tennessee flag represent the three parts of Tennessee -- western, central and eastern. I've never been to the Volunteer State, but I've been told the three are very different from each other. Sounds like North Dakota.

And the three stars on the Tennessee flag represent the three parts of Tennessee -- western, central and eastern. I've never been to the Volunteer State, but I've been told the three are very different from each other. Sounds like North Dakota.

That's East, Middle, and West, to be exact. :D

And yes, if you were to go to all three regions, or mainly Memphis, Nashville, or Knoxville, you'd think you're on different planets.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

And yes, if you were to go to all three regions, or mainly Memphis, Nashville, or Knoxville, you'd think you're on different planets.

I've only been to Knoxville, so I dont know.

Well it's pretty easy to remember. Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis or Music, Mountains, and Murder, respectively.

The Mets colors came from the Dodgers (Blue) and NY Giants (Orange and black)

I thought the colors come from the colors of the flag of New York, which is a reference to the Dutch settlement of the area along with the colors of the Knicks and the Islanders. Of course, black was added later to look trendy, and it really serves no purpose.

Well it's pretty easy to remember. Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis or Music, Mountains, and Murder, respectively.

Great. Very clever. :lol:

I thought it was Music, (Shotgun) Murder, (Handgun) Murder.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived