Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

Since this thread is back, here's the greatest accidental hidden detail of all time:

ogc.gif

I'm not gonna spoil it with an explanation.

EDIT: Even more hilariously, a look at their website shows it's still being used.

I don't see anything. :blink:

Turn it sideways, with the O on top.

spacer.png

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see they had a sense of humour about this:

A spokesman for OGC said: ?It is true that it caused a few titters among some staff when viewed on its side, but on consideration we concluded that the effect was generic to the particular combination of the letters OGC - and it is not inappropriate to an organisation that?s looking to have a firm grip on Government spend.?

telegraph.co.uk

Too bad the letters had to be "tit"

And that's a bad thing because...??? :D

Didn't want to bump the thread just for this, but now that it's back:

tostitos.jpg

Probably more of a case of not paying attention than "hidden," but while looking at some Tostitos salsa a while back I wondered why they would highlight those particular three letters. Then I realized it forms two people sharing a chip over a bowl of salsa. It's right there and obvious now, but I guess before I just read over it.

Okay that one just SERIOUSLY busted my brain. I've seriously never noticed that before. Wow.

You people are dissapointing me. I thought that was extremely obvious, but her you are just making a revelation. Come on.

Forgive me, dear omnipercipient one...for I saw not what I was supposed to see. :rolleyes:

Chill the hell out, cat.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Since this thread is back, here's the greatest accidental hidden detail of all time:

ogc.gif

EDIT: Even more hilariously, a look at their website shows it's still being used.

Hahahahahahahahaaha. I see it.

glossysig5.png

ogc.gif

Had to go thru Google to figure this one out.

:lol:

6uXNWAo.png

943.gif

According to this site, there is an airplane landing on a football in this Jets alternate.

I See A Mean Face Unibrow Small Eyes And A Mouth Full Of Teeth

The Jets used him for a couple of years for in-stadium videos and whatnot. He was known as "Gameface".

100407_jets_giants_gameface.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

According to this site, there is an airplane landing on a football in this Jets alternate.

I See A Mean Face Unibrow Small Eyes And A Mouth Full Of Teeth

The Jets used him for a couple of years for in-stadium videos and whatnot. He was known as "Gameface".

100407_jets_giants_gameface.jpg

I never saw that depiction of the logo, but had heard the name before. I always likened it to King Kong, which I thought was slightly typical for the Jets, since in the movies he's always swatting at planes.

• 2 weeks later...

To name a few, whether they've been listed or not.

NHL:

Mighty Ducks Word-mark logo : The "D" in ducks is actually a ducks webbed foot.

Boston Bruins : "Spoke" design behind the "B" that looks like a wheel is actually for the citys nickname, Hub City.

Colorado Avalanche : Despite discussion in this thread, there is an obvious "A" in maroon, with a "C" as the snow design.

Columbus Blue Jackets : Primary design with flag makes a "C" for Columbus.

Detroit Red Wings : History of city in auto business strong influence.

Minnesota Wild : It's been mentioned before about the midden elements of the wilderness of Minnesota, all are true.

New Jersey Devils : "NJ" hidden in logo.

New York Islanders : Island in the middle in orange.

Pittsburgh Penguins : 90's profile logo of penguin, triangle is supposed to make the appearance of another wing.

San Jose Sharks : SJ is hidden in the shark, easier to see in the old logo, harder in the new one. S is easy to see with back and side fin.

St Louis Blues : Logo is a 64th note as cited earlier.

Vancouver Canucks : Orcha is actually used with history of whales and totem poles in the culture of vancouver.

Washington Capitals : Primary logo makes a "W" and Capital building.

Hartford Whalers : Maybe the best hockey logo ever (arguably) features a whales fin, h and w. Amazing.

Atlanta Falcons : Falcon is also in the shape of an "F"

Philly Eagles : E in feathers.

Houston Rockets : Yes, there is an H and R but it's also a hidden image of a Rocket Ship and the launch Station. Another near perfect logo (IMO).

Dallas Mavericks : M hidden on horses fore-head.

Rumored, not confirmed:

St. Louis Cardinals : STL actually for St. Louis Team when Cardinals and Browns were both present in the city, many believe it's abbreviated for St. Louis.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

To name a few, whether they've been listed or not.

NHL:

Mighty Ducks Word-mark logo : The "D" in ducks is actually a ducks webbed foot.

Boston Bruins : "Spoke" design behind the "B" that looks like a wheel is actually for the citys nickname, Hub City.

Colorado Avalanche : Despite discussion in this thread, there is an obvious "A" in maroon, with a "C" as the snow design.

Columbus Blue Jackets : Primary design with flag makes a "C" for Columbus.

Detroit Red Wings : History of city in auto business strong influence.

Minnesota Wild : It's been mentioned before about the midden elements of the wilderness of Minnesota, all are true.

New Jersey Devils : "NJ" hidden in logo.

New York Islanders : Island in the middle in orange.

Pittsburgh Penguins : 90's profile logo of penguin, triangle is supposed to make the appearance of another wing.

San Jose Sharks : SJ is hidden in the shark, easier to see in the old logo, harder in the new one. S is easy to see with back and side fin.

St Louis Blues : Logo is a 64th note as cited earlier.

Vancouver Canucks : Orcha is actually used with history of whales and totem poles in the culture of vancouver.

Washington Capitals : Primary logo makes a "W" and Capital building.

Hartford Whalers : Maybe the best hockey logo ever (arguably) features a whales fin, h and w. Amazing.

Atlanta Falcons : Falcon is also in the shape of an "F"

Philly Eagles : E in feathers.

Houston Rockets : Yes, there is an H and R but it's also a hidden image of a Rocket Ship and the launch Station. Another near perfect logo (IMO).

Dallas Mavericks : M hidden on horses fore-head.

Rumored, not confirmed:

St. Louis Cardinals : STL actually for St. Louis Team when Cardinals and Browns were both present in the city, many believe it's abbreviated for St. Louis.

what??

ogc.gif

Had to go thru Google to figure this one out.

:lol:

Ha, awesome, never noticed it. For those still having trouble:

ogc.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Wouldn't that be STLT or SLT? Am I missing something?

The hats logo portrays an interlocking STL.

S: Saint

L: Louis

T: Team

You cannot abbreviate Saint more than once when it is already abbreviated as "ST." by the team. Earlier, St. Louis was home of two baseball teams, the Cardinals and the Browns (before they moved to Baltimore). Apparently, to create a unity among the teams, much like New York has done with the Yankees and Mets hat logos, they used his design idea.

I've never had this proven, as I would need a baseball historian to actually clarify this rumor but it actually makes sense if you think about it.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived