Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very interesting topic...I never noticed things like this before. Now I'm noticing them all the time. Rather annoying, actually :-)

I'm now anylizing my local school's logo to see if I can see any...subliminal...messages in it. Lol

61f7981cff.png

"You know, you'd think he'd already won a couple of Vezinas the way he strolls through the locker-room, ya know? I'm like 'How many games has he won, 300? Oh,no- 2.'" ~Craig Conroy on Henrik Karlsson.

Browsing on the Helmet Project site, immediately noticed this one I'd never seen before - Missouri Western State:

MissouriWesternState-Color.jpg

Clever and clearly recognizable. Love it.

As a resident of Missouri, I can honestly say I've never noticed that one! I don't know that many people have!

Browsing on the Helmet Project site, immediately noticed this one I'd never seen before - Missouri Western State:

As a resident of Missouri, I can honestly say I've never noticed that one! I don't know that many people have!

I still don't see it. I have no clue what's hidden in the logo.

I went through all 17 pages of this topic so far, and a few things:

1)Calm the frig down. Jeez, there's been some hostile people on here.

2)I saw the beaver before I saw the fur trapper.

A lot of people have been down on the appearance of a beaver because of the moustache, but I think that it enhances the beaverness. They're the cheeks. Here's how I see all the different features of the beaver. Also, to better show what I mean by cheeks, here's a pictures also of a fake gopher, which is a different creature, but has similar upper lip/cheek/thingies I'm talking about.

0ynsl3dhreggfvzb6nrf4vfof.gif

25r1mb8.png

40.jpg

3)I was with you on the end of the Avalanche logo looking like a face until you posted that hideous picture. I didn't realize you meant profile. I see a face, but it's more three-quarter turned, with half of the face in shadows. Actually, with the angular line around the mouth, it looks kinda like Batman.

So, I decided to outline it like Batman.

14awpqq.png

The nose is very elongated, but it really looks remarkably like a masked person in shadows, the most stunning being the mouth area. I don't think it's intentional, but it's definitely there, and I'll always see that whenever I see the logo. I never realized that was a puck at the end. I just thought it was really weird looking at the end of the snowfall.

Forgive my terrible outlining skills. My mouse is messed up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

haha I'm glad SOMEONE else sees a face in there! Everyone else seems to think I am smoking something ha. Regardless if it's 3/4 view or profile, I still have a hard time believing that it's a pure coincidence. The odds of all those segments coming together to form a chin, both lips, a nose, a brow line, and a hair line are just insanely small.

I see more of a WWV than a UWW. Am I the only one? Also, your sig is huge. Damn.

Couple of sidenotes here:

1) Congrats to Whitewater on another Stagg Bowl win.

2) That is a fairly large sig.

3) Wisconsin and Michigan??? What the hell?

1) Definitely, I have a high school teammate on the team so it's pretty cool seeing him do work like that.

2) I love all the work the artists on this site do, sorry for being a fan of all the great work.

3) And my mom's side of my family bleeds maize and blue, but growing up in Wisconsin made my like the Badgers as well.

And the U is the first two points, and the other W's are connected.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I see more of a WWV than a UWW. Am I the only one? Also, your sig is huge. Damn.

Couple of sidenotes here:

1) Congrats to Whitewater on another Stagg Bowl win.

2) That is a fairly large sig.

3) Wisconsin and Michigan??? What the hell?

1) Definitely, I have a high school teammate on the team so it's pretty cool seeing him do work like that.

2) I love all the work the artists on this site do, sorry for being a fan of all the great work.

3) And my mom's side of my family bleeds maize and blue, but growing up in Wisconsin made my like the Badgers as well.

And the U is the first two points, and the other W's are connected.

Let me take some heat off of you for Wisconsin and Michigan.... Look at my current sig and guess which two teams I like.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I still don't see it. I have no clue what's hidden in the logo.

I went through all 17 pages of this topic so far, and a few things:

1)Calm the frig down. Jeez, there's been some hostile people on here.

2)I saw the beaver before I saw the fur trapper.

A lot of people have been down on the appearance of a beaver because of the moustache, but I think that it enhances the beaverness. They're the cheeks. Here's how I see all the different features of the beaver. Also, to better show what I mean by cheeks, here's a pictures also of a fake gopher, which is a different creature, but has similar upper lip/cheek/thingies I'm talking about.

0ynsl3dhreggfvzb6nrf4vfof.gif

25r1mb8.png

40.jpg

3)I was with you on the end of the Avalanche logo looking like a face until you posted that hideous picture. I didn't realize you meant profile. I see a face, but it's more three-quarter turned, with half of the face in shadows. Actually, with the angular line around the mouth, it looks kinda like Batman.

So, I decided to outline it like Batman.

14awpqq.png

The nose is very elongated, but it really looks remarkably like a masked person in shadows, the most stunning being the mouth area. I don't think it's intentional, but it's definitely there, and I'll always see that whenever I see the logo. I never realized that was a puck at the end. I just thought it was really weird looking at the end of the snowfall.

Forgive my terrible outlining skills. My mouse is messed up.

Wow, now I see the beaver! I thought it was just the hat! On the contrast, I saw face before.

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

If you convert Nebraska's logo into Braille, you'll get this:

Nebraska.png

CONVERTED TO BRAILLE:

154px-Braille_N.svg.png

Obviously the upper three black dots are for our 3 Heisman winners. The two white dots are for our two National Titles. The lone dot at the bottom is for another National Title.

There are also two unmentioned National Titles out of respect.

Meh.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I never bump this thread with my embarrassing realizations, but when someone else bumps with something good, I like to throw these out there anyway. Last time it was Tostitos. This time (and I might have even put this in here before, who knows), the Wizards. Abstract as it is, I always saw the W, but I never read the white space as a beard for the longest time. I just figured it was some awkward way of drawing the guy. I mean, his sleeves, pants and hat are blue and the chest W is black. I don't know, I just didn't see it as a beard. And even now, knowing it's there, something still looks wrong to me. His hands are separated from his sleeves, so I guess I thought the head was just floating there. No idea really...

6knfe8lffkm40auemws7iev9m.gif

I never bump this thread with my embarrassing realizations, but when someone else bumps with something good, I like to throw these out there anyway. Last time it was Tostitos. This time (and I might have even put this in here before, who knows), the Wizards. Abstract as it is, I always saw the W, but I never read the white space as a beard for the longest time. I just figured it was some awkward way of drawing the guy. I mean, his sleeves, pants and hat are blue and the chest W is black. I don't know, I just didn't see it as a beard. And even now, knowing it's there, something still looks wrong to me. His hands are separated from his sleeves, so I guess I thought the head was just floating there. No idea really...

Dude, I like to think I'm pretty good at thinking outside the box and seeing things in a different way than others, but i too did not realize the beard for the longest time. i thought it was a clean shaven man with just a "W" torso. I guess your separated sleeves explanation makes sense. I'm glad i'm not the only one who didn't see the beard though, lol!

Its funny, I'm the exact opposite. I didn't notice the W until my dad pointed it out to me. The only thing I saw was an oddly shaped bearded guy.

T1oYViW.png

Its funny, I'm the exact opposite. I didn't notice the W until my dad pointed it out to me. The only thing I saw was an oddly shaped bearded guy.

On the Wizards topic, it never thought this logo spelled DC.Wizards :therock:

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

This is seriously excellent.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is seriously excellent.

While looking up the story on that MWS logo, I found this blog post, with many more logos that I don't think we've touched on. Most aren't sports related, but it's still an excellent read. For example, I only ever saw a smile in the Amazon logo. But I learned that it's an arrow pointing from the A to the Z, symbolizing everything they sell.

Archived