Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

You may be right, Gothamite, but is it backwards on the other side of the helmet too? Most teams have to reverse their logo on one side anyways, which would clearly show the black "F".

Yes, but if they intended the black shadow to be an "F" they would have put it on the actual logo, not the helmet-flip version.

Possibly, but it could've also been the artist being an "artist" and getting creative. I dunno.

Possibly, but it seems way too far-fetched to me.

Actually, when the design was unveiled, the UFL said that the logo had an interlocking F & T hidden in the design.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you convert Nebraska's logo into Braille, you'll get this:

Nebraska.png

CONVERTED TO BRAILLE:

154px-Braille_N.svg.png

Obviously the upper three black dots are for our 3 Heisman winners. The two white dots are for our two National Titles. The lone dot at the bottom is for another National Title.

There are also two unmentioned National Titles out of respect.

Meh.

I'm calling bs on this one, big time. Pretty sure that braille letters were designed before Nebraska did anything. Just a coincidence you put too much time into.

I'm also pretty sure none of it made sense.

Powersurge, you've got to be kidding. I will agree with Akronite that the logo isn't the greatest quality, but in terms of the general idea and executing it nearly perfectly, this is one of the greatest "hidden meaning" logos I've ever seen. Yes, the shape of the state is obvious and no, you do not have to look for it. So as long as you know what the shape of Missouri looks like (a very unique shape I might add) then you should be able to see a great logo.

No I'm NOT kidding and in my opinion it is not perfect, but thats just me. Its also not the best hidden meaning logos I've ever seen. That may be your opinion but there are easily at least 20 or more "hidden meaning" logos that I have seen in the last 5 years that trump this one. The quality has nothing to do with it. I can easily see past that. I just don't think its that great to be honest. Great, its supposed to mimic the shape of Missouri....I got it. I know what the shape of Missouri looks like, I did take US Geography. Its just not that great of a logo IMHO. Its a terrible looking griffin and an "decent" representation of Missouri. Some people are making it seem like the greatest logo ever created and its far from it.

Here's a question for you....Do you really think THIS logo is better than the FedEx logo? The Hartford Whalers logo? Even the new 2016 Rio Olympic logo trumps this one IMO; That has hidden meanings too. This logo is not even in the same class as any of those. Seriously? GREATEST EVER....no way man. I respect your opinion but I just don't share it. sorry.

The concepts are totally different. When you think about how the FedEx and Whalers logos are created, it basically a case of combining two elements (an 'E' and an 'x' and a 'W' and a whale tail, respectively), seeing the illusion, and then refining the elements so that illusion reads well and looks perfectly intentional while appropriately taking a back seat to the overall message of the logo, which is the company or team name. In short, these kinds of solutions could happen by accident, and likely did, to a point.

The MWSU logo was created with an entirely different level of thinking, because the whole concept, from the pose of the griffon to the skill matching up of the body parts to the state silhouette, had to be generated completely from scratch, and it was done so extremely well, save for the actual executions of the linework. Lets call the MWSU logo a 'sketch' of what the final product should have been, by today's standards. A talented artist could execute that concept well and make an absolutely stunning logo. Even so, the uniform linework has a timeless quality about it as well, because we're seeing this style come back as the overly aggressive logo style we've seen for the last 15-20 years or so becomes less abundant in sports. This type of solution normally is not reached by accident. It's the result of perfection in conceptual brainstorming followed by stellar translation of the idea to paper. The Rio2016 logo definitely falls into this category as well.

I don't really think you can compare the two processes, and as a result, can't compare say, the FedEx logo to the MWSU logo, because the MWSU logo shows such a higher level of thought from a conceptual standpoint, even though the FedEx logo is executed flawlessly.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You may be right, Gothamite, but is it backwards on the other side of the helmet too? Most teams have to reverse their logo on one side anyways, which would clearly show the black "F".

Yes, but if they intended the black shadow to be an "F" they would have put it on the actual logo, not the helmet-flip version.

Possibly, but it could've also been the artist being an "artist" and getting creative. I dunno.

Actually, when the design was unveiled, the UFL said that the logo had an interlocking F & T hidden in the design.

Source? I can't find confirmation from my phone.

Source? I can't find confirmation from my phone.

I looked for it for a while, but all links older than January 2010 are dead. But I remember that when it was rumored that they were changing to Orlando

Tuskers there was a rumor that they were going to change the logo as well.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1-pittsburgh-zoo-logo.jpg

1390fc99b9d884485d8ae79b6f132314.png

This logo design uses the negative space technique to hide two beer bottles between the letter ‘B’. the letter B also creates an “E”.

Whoaaa these 2 are awesome. Trippy.

I'm not getting the Zoo logo.

EDIT: Whoa, that's awesome.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1-pittsburgh-zoo-logo.jpg

1390fc99b9d884485d8ae79b6f132314.png

This logo design uses the negative space technique to hide two beer bottles between the letter ?B?. the letter B also creates an ?E?.

Whoaaa these 2 are awesome. Trippy.

I'm not getting the Zoo logo.

EDIT: Whoa, that's awesome.

Ok. I see the right negative space but what's the left one? Am I missing anything else?

Good question! Ask the folks that created the logo. :P

I love Taz, visited there when I lived in Brisbane attending Uni at UQ while abroad for seven months..

That's the nickname Warner Bros gave to thier cartoon Tasmanian Devil because they were to cheap to Donate money to the Devils Foundation.

So in stead of Donating money and using the Tasmanian Devil name they used the word

Taz'y Devil.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Larry Hedrick Motorsports, a defunct Nascar team from the 1990s - Hedrick featured such memorable drivers as Steve Grissom, Greg Sacks, Dave Marcis, Ricky Craven, and the immortal Dick Trickle.

Hedrick.png

The letters are both an "LH" for his initials and "41" for the car number.

I remember seeing this one on a 1/64 scale Racing Champions car that I had when I was in elementary school. The car's sponsor was Kodiak and they didn't allow alcohol or tobacco logos on smaller toy racecars. It had this logo instead - I recognized it immediately...not bad for ~10 years old. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Leinenkugel-logo.jpg

pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned, and i know its not sports, but some of the others arent either so, might as well.

The native american lady in the top, is supposed to represent the state of wisconsin.

Here is their explanation, but I love the history of the logo:

Why do you have a Native American Indian on some of your beer labels?

The Native American Indian who graces our label is a symbol of the rich heritage of our area. Leinenkugel's has been brewed in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, for 140 years. The Santee Sioux and Ojibways were the areas first native settlers. Chippewa Falls also lies in the heart of what is called the Indian Head Country. (The Indian Head area was so named because the border of the northwest corner of Wisconsin forms the profile of an Indian.) We've featured the Native American Indian on our label since the 1930s as a tribute to this special area that is rich in Indian history.

http://leinie.com/faq.html#14

Thank you so much for posting this. When I was in 4th grade, I made a comment about a place being by the 'nose' of Wisconsin. The teacher was confused and I clarified that the left side of Wisconsin was an Indian head... almost as if the border was intentional made to do this. The teacher and the whole class laughed at me.

This is my child-hood notion of what I thought it looked like:

wisconsin_indian_head.jpg

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Am I the ony one who thinks that in the new wizards monument logo, the Washington monument is supposed to be a Wand.

Or it's suppose to be the Washington Monument. They would've said something about it being the Monument/magic wand during the live press conference, but they didn't. The only hidden symbol I see in the new Wizards' uni is the "W" on the shorts.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Am I the ony one who thinks that in the new wizards monument logo, the Washington monument is supposed to be a Wand.

Or it's suppose to be the Washington Monument. They would've said something about it being the Monument/magic wand during the live press conference, but they didn't. The only hidden symbol I see in the new Wizards' uni is the "W" on the shorts.

There's a hidden W at the top of the ball on the monument logo.... but who knows if that was intentional or not.

90758391980.gif

If you convert Nebraska's logo into Braille, you'll get this:

Nebraska.png

CONVERTED TO BRAILLE:

154px-Braille_N.svg.png

Obviously the upper three black dots are for our 3 Heisman winners. The two white dots are for our two National Titles. The lone dot at the bottom is for another National Title.

There are also two unmentioned National Titles out of respect.

Meh.

I'm calling bs on this one, big time. Pretty sure that braille letters were designed before Nebraska did anything. Just a coincidence you put too much time into.

I'm also pretty sure none of it made sense.

I think you have to be blind to see the hidden message here.

Tf9TG.jpg

There's a hidden W at the top of the ball on the monument logo.... but who knows if that was intentional or not.

good find! i see it too. Since you pointed that out, i cant look at anything but that..

GO NETS.

Archived