nyiles39

Hidden meanings in logos

485 posts in this topic

960.gif

Right part of the head of the Philly Eagle's logo makes an "E"

LOL, you're reaching there...

That "hidden" E is the reason why the Eagles logo faces left, instead of right. It is the only NFL logo that is usually used in this configuration.

That is absurd for several reasons.

1. There's no reason to hide an "E". If you're going to hide a letter, hide a "P". The "E" is redundant, since the logo is an "E"agle.

2. People in our part of the world read left to right. It doesn't make sense to have your eye move across the back of something and go to the front. If you're trying to convey an agressiveness or something, you face it left, so as the viewer glances at it, there's a subtle "movement" effect, due to the eye going from its front to its back. As for why other logos aren't this way, I'm sure they have their reasons, but the Eagles being "flipped" has nothing to do with any hidden element.

3. The logo IS REVERSED in the actual primary logo. If there's an E that forces them to flip the logo, wouldn't it be that way in their "full" logo?

957.gif

Just an ordinary pack of skittles:

subliminal-imagery-3.jpg

Mmm...I love Skittles, especially Skittles Explosions. No, wait, what? SEXplosions? Ok then...

Mmmmmmmmmm... erotic Skittles

drooling_homer.gif

I've never noticed until today that the Ohio flag wraps around the star in the Blue Jackets logo and forms a "C"

bluejackets07-rgbjpg-8678ad1b3fbe2735.jpg

1 person likes this

Man this thread just opened my eyes to things I never noticed in logos before!!

idk if this counts as hidden because they created an alternate logo that gave it away, but the Minnesota Timberwolves' 90s font's M and T created the silhouette of a wolf's head when interlocking (which explains why the T is so strange-looking):

802.gif

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

The Gold ring surrounding the inner design also represents the number of Stanley Cups in the franchise's history.

3 people like this

The Gold ring surrounding the inner design also represents the number of Stanley Cups in the franchise's history.

Nomination for potd

:lol:

Damn.