Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

Am I the ony one who thinks that in the new wizards monument logo, the Washington monument is supposed to be a Wand.

Or it's suppose to be the Washington Monument. They would've said something about it being the Monument/magic wand during the live press conference, but they didn't. The only hidden symbol I see in the new Wizards' uni is the "W" on the shorts.

There's a hidden W at the top of the ball on the monument logo.... but who knows if that was intentional or not.

It was.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the ony one who thinks that in the new wizards monument logo, the Washington monument is supposed to be a Wand.

Or it's suppose to be the Washington Monument. They would've said something about it being the Monument/magic wand during the live press conference, but they didn't. The only hidden symbol I see in the new Wizards' uni is the "W" on the shorts.

There's a hidden W at the top of the ball on the monument logo.... but who knows if that was intentional or not.

It was.

Yup.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Maybe I am looking to ohard, but if you look at the cats eyebrow, doesn't it look like a sky view from above of a guy putting his face into someone's butt?

And the notorious Wildcat giving head.

Well you're gonna need to describe this one.

The tounge.

Woah, was that intentional!? I still dont see Batman. :(

The curled back tongue is a dick, in my wildcats mouth and yes it was intentional. The artist admitted to it and I am not sure of the repercussions. It all went down in the late 90's but the Cats were winning title after title back then and it all got swept away.

fistwisconsin.jpg

Saw Wisconsin mentioned a few times, and I just saw this picture as a bumper sticker for the first time today (I live on Long Island) and thought it was sheer brilliance. Not sure who else has seen it but I figured I'd share.

Also, I never noticed the Flyers' logo was a P for Philadelphia neither until a couple years ago. (I'm 20) The stem on the P is just too damn short. I always thought it was just an interesting looking logo.

If you flip it around, it would make a D for Denver. (But again, not a very good one.) Then they could've been the Denver Avalanche as they should've been.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Leinenkugel-logo.jpg

pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned, and i know its not sports, but some of the others arent either so, might as well.

The native american lady in the top, is supposed to represent the state of wisconsin.

Here is their explanation, but I love the history of the logo:

Why do you have a Native American Indian on some of your beer labels?

The Native American Indian who graces our label is a symbol of the rich heritage of our area. Leinenkugel's has been brewed in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, for 140 years. The Santee Sioux and Ojibways were the areas first native settlers. Chippewa Falls also lies in the heart of what is called the Indian Head Country. (The Indian Head area was so named because the border of the northwest corner of Wisconsin forms the profile of an Indian.) We've featured the Native American Indian on our label since the 1930s as a tribute to this special area that is rich in Indian history.

http://leinie.com/faq.html#14

Thank you so much for posting this. When I was in 4th grade, I made a comment about a place being by the 'nose' of Wisconsin. The teacher was confused and I clarified that the left side of Wisconsin was an Indian head... almost as if the border was intentional made to do this. The teacher and the whole class laughed at me.

This is my child-hood notion of what I thought it looked like:

wisconsin_indian_head.jpg

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I've heard the term "Indian Head" before, but never knew where it came from... very interesting!

In the Québec Junior Major Hockey League, the PEI Rocket (who used to be the Montreal Rocket) is an hommage to Maurice "Rocket" Richard with the smoke behind the rocket in the shape of the number 9 and the same Maurice's legendary passion in his eyes on the rocket.

uyvxvz3361rm97w1kyy9gsxuy.gif

In the same league, the Lewinston Maineiacs has the letter "L" (hockey stick) and the letter "M" (the player's body)... Also, the name "Maineiacs" conatins the name of the state.... Maine!

ogr759ih7cuee91fwruwgx7pj.gif

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Arena Football League

Georgia Force...

The letter "F" is in the football

okb96fhl0zpfumufqvrwlgy74.gif

And all this time, I thought they were the Georgia "Orce" :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

wow i always used to wonder why the ottawa roughriders had such a stupid cartoony beaver in a fur hat and looking at the sky as their logo, i totally see the trapper now but have never even heard of that ever before reading it in this thread

my mind = blown

• 1 month later...
This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

:cry:

Don't see the beaver...

Yeah, can we get another one of those outline pictures? I can see what would be the teeth and the eyes, but the huge mustache is preventing me from being able to see a beaver I think...

OK... I'm REALLY trying to bite my tongue here...

This is WAY too obvious a set up. :D

Haha, oh, wow, not sure how I missed the innuendo in that post... But seriously guys, help me find the beaver. :P

The trapper's chin is the beaver's buck tooth, and the two white areas on the upper part of his face are the beaver's eyes. The trapper's eyes are the beaver's pupils, so the beaver is looking up. The trapper's mustache is the beaver's furry upper lip.

Regardless of a "hidden meaning", that logo flat-out sucks.

That's something that bugs me about a lot of logos that use negative space to give it some double meaning. The designers seem so set on doing something clever that they sacrifice the quality of the logo as a whole.

• 3 weeks later...

The Buffa Slug outline also forms a B, Nice catch on the sabre in the logo. Made me respect it a little more. Also how the hell do you multi-quote

Click on the "Multi-Quote" button on the corresponding posts, then click on the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of the screen which is next to the "Start New Topic" button. Then you will see all the previous posts that you want to reply to in one response.

Larry Hedrick Motorsports, a defunct Nascar team from the 1990s - Hedrick featured such memorable drivers as Steve Grissom, Greg Sacks, Dave Marcis, Ricky Craven, and the immortal Dick Trickle.

Hedrick.png

The letters are both an "LH" for his initials and "41" for the car number.

I remember seeing this one on a 1/64 scale Racing Champions car that I had when I was in elementary school. The car's sponsor was Kodiak and they didn't allow alcohol or tobacco logos on smaller toy racecars. It had this logo instead - I recognized it immediately...not bad for ~10 years old. ^_^

I see the LH and the 41, but I also see a gearshift pattern:

classic.JPG

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived