Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure everyone knows this'n, but here goes...

Although I'm not entirely sure what the "elb" stood for (Expos Le Baseball, or something of the like?), the logo was an "M".

expos1.jpg

And obviously, the colors have to do with French-ness.

The bleu, blanc, et rouge. "Equipe du Montreal Baseball" = Montreal Baseball Team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Also on the Yankees logo, there is 26 FULL stitches visible on the baseball (the top and bottom stitches on the right side do count as full stitches), representing the 26 World Series titles.

1256.gif

Yeah right, that's bullcrap. But pretty clever of me, eh?

That logo was around before they won 26 World Championships...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm sure everyone knows this'n, but here goes...

Although I'm not entirely sure what the "elb" stood for (Expos Le Baseball, or something of the like?), the logo was an "M".

expos1.jpg

And obviously, the colors have to do with French-ness.

The bleu, blanc, et rouge. "Equipe du Montreal Baseball" = Montreal Baseball Team.

What an awful logo. The silhouette doesn't look anything like an "M", and the shape and significance of the letters are so poorly conceived and rendered that there are a half-dozen interpretations of what the logo really means. I'll admit that your explanation is a novel one, and better than most.

Can't stop the logo from being just bad design.

Also on the Yankees logo, there is 26 FULL stitches visible on the baseball (the top and bottom stitches on the right side do count as full stitches), representing the 26 World Series titles.

1256.gif

Actually I have heard that they modified it to represent the stitches as he stated. I do not know if they continued that idea with #27.

87Redskins.png

1256.gif

Correct. The 26 stitches actually stand for the 26 letters of the alphabet. If you look very carefully at pictures of Yankee paraphernalia that predate 1958 (when the letters "F" and "H" were added to the alphabet) the logo had only 24 stitches.

Heres another one alot of people here know.

The nose on the Denver Broncos main logo is a rotated nike logo.

No, it's not. Just an old urban myth that got started when the uni's were first unveiled.

I blame Woody Paige for that one.

Not sure if this one's been posted yet:

dbackA.jpg

Someone just pointed out to me that the negative space of the A is in the shape of a snakes head. I never noticed that before! I always thought they were some sort of weird fangs or something. Now I can't not see the snake head. I still like the D shaped snake the best, but this logo is much cooler to me now!

Not sure if this one's been posted yet:

dbackA.jpg

Someone just pointed out to me that the negative space of the A is in the shape of a snakes head. I never noticed that before! I always thought they were some sort of weird fangs or something. Now I can't not see the snake head. I still like the D shaped snake the best, but this logo is much cooler to me now!

I always thought it to be a snake's tongue moreso than the entire head.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The old Buffalo Sabres logo, the eye is a ying-yang. Why? I have no idea for sure but I always thought it was a nod to

the parent company HSBC (Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Company), which had owned what was once Marine Midland Bank and was the first name of the arena.

Personally I always thought the switch to the black and red was because of the HSBC tie-in and their corporate colors, just not as blatant as Orca Bay entertainment.

Most people think the red/black switch was because of the Regis family and Adelphia cable, but that happened long after the

team went to black/red and was mere coincidence.

this is an extreme close-up of the vector art:

2630376720103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

The old Buffalo Sabres logo, the eye is a ying-yang. Why? I have no idea for sure but I always thought it was a nod to

the parent company HSBC (Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Company), which had owned what was once Marine Midland Bank and was the first name of the arena.

Personally I always thought the switch to the black and red was because of the HSBC tie-in and their corporate colors, just not as blatant as Orca Bay entertainment.

Most people think the red/black switch was because of the Regis family and Adelphia cable, but that happened long after the

Never noticed that about the eye. Damn it - now I won't be able to miss it.

28.gif

I thought that the negative (black) space inside the (Diamondbacks') A was meant to represent a snake head while the cross bar was representative of a forked tongue.

That'd be pretty goofy - a negative space logo is ruined if you add another, contrasting design element on top of it.

I just realized those are the same colors that the Jets have! Which is just what True North said the St. John's team would wear! I forgot all about that, but there they are: same two blues, same two greys. Hm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

RBG.gif

Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Never thought that much into the red and black and the ying-yang eye. I've been drawing that logo my whole life growing up and can still free-hand the whole thing to this day.

Which is what led me to notice the similarity in the eye for the logo for the Spike TV show "Blue Mountain State"

tain_state.jpg

Their team name is the Goats, so I wonder if the designer intentionally looked towards the Sabres logo due to being referred to as "angry goat head"

bufg.png

Archived