Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

Mahoning Valley Scrappers

Look at the logo in the upper left. The chain underlines the word "crap".

Well that's the kind of thing that probably should have been noticed before it was released... It's actually pretty obvious just at first glance... :blink:

So it was definately put there for a reason, since it's so easy to see.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure everyone knows this'n, but here goes...

Although I'm not entirely sure what the "elb" stood for (Expos Le Baseball, or something of the like?), the logo was an "M".

expos1.jpg

And obviously, the colors have to do with French-ness.

"le" is an article, just like "the" in English. It would not be Expos le baseball, as that would be like saying "Expos the Baseball". I believe that the french version of the team would be "Les Expos de Montreal"

What I see in the expos logo is an "M" (entire logo) for "Montreal", "e" (red part of logo) for "Expos", and "b" (solid blue part of logo)for "Baseball". I also think that (but I could be wrong) the red colour represents English speaking Montreal, while the blue coluor represents French speaking Montreal.

From sportsecyclopedia.com

Logo:

A stylized eMb, which stands for Expos de Montréal Baseball; the 'e' is in red, the 'M' in white and blue, and the 'b' in blue.

Mahoning Valley Scrappers

Look at the logo in the upper left. The chain underlines the word "crap".

Well that's the kind of thing that probably should have been noticed before it was released... It's actually pretty obvious just at first glance... :blink:

So it was definately put there for a reason, since it's so easy to see.

Haha, obviously not placed there on purpose, but how many people see a logo from when it's made to when it's announced/released? Surely someone had to see that they had underlined "crap" especially when another baseball team (that you may be familiar with), are known to have "win" underlined in their logo. Speaking of that, does anyone know if it was done on purpose?

The Twins? Yes, it was. It was a play on their old slogan "Win! Twins!"

As for the Expos, the fact that the description of exactly what it was supposed to mean varies so much from source to source (and that none of the myriad of explanations is terribly satisfying) indicates that it's a pretty lousy design.

I'm sure everyone knows this'n, but here goes...

Although I'm not entirely sure what the "elb" stood for (Expos Le Baseball, or something of the like?), the logo was an "M".

expos1.jpg

And obviously, the colors have to do with French-ness.

"le" is an article, just like "the" in English. It would not be Expos le baseball, as that would be like saying "Expos the Baseball". I believe that the french version of the team would be "Les Expos de Montreal"

What I see in the expos logo is an "M" (entire logo) for "Montreal", "e" (red part of logo) for "Expos", and "b" (solid blue part of logo)for "Baseball". I also think that (but I could be wrong) the red colour represents English speaking Montreal, while the blue coluor represents French speaking Montreal.

From sportsecyclopedia.com

Logo:

A stylized eMb, which stands for Expos de Montréal Baseball; the 'e' is in red, the 'M' in white and blue, and the 'b' in blue.

Ya know, the more I look at this logo, the more it is starting to look mediocre or worse. Now when I look at it, it doesn't even look like an "M".

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

And that would be its biggest problem.

Not only is the "hidden message" so poorly expressed that nobody can agree on what the message is supposed to be, it obscures the letter (primary message there) so badly that it doesn't read at all.

Terrible, terrible design. Too cutesy by half.

And that would be its biggest problem.

Not only is the "hidden message" so poorly expressed that nobody can agree on what the message is supposed to be, it obscures the letter (primary message there) so badly that it doesn't read at all.

Terrible, terrible design. Too cutesy by half.

I always thought that a FDL would have looked great on their caps. I thought it was cool when they added a little one to their road jerseys in '92.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

Also on the Yankees logo, there is 26 FULL stitches visible on the baseball (the top and bottom stitches on the right side do count as full stitches), representing the 26 World Series titles.

1256.gif

Yeah right, that's bullcrap. But pretty clever of me, eh?

Clever stealth post. And here I was going to call you an idiot, since that logo was created in 1936...

Also on the Yankees logo, there is 26 FULL stitches visible on the baseball (the top and bottom stitches on the right side do count as full stitches), representing the 26 World Series titles.

1256.gif

Yeah right, that's bullcrap. But pretty clever of me, eh?

Untouched since the 20th century.

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

The first thing I saw was the beaver. I didn't even notice the trapper at first

spacer.png

OttawaRoughRiders.png

:cry:

Don't see the beaver...

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Don't see the beaver...

Yeah, can we get another one of those outline pictures? I can see what would be the teeth and the eyes, but the huge mustache is preventing me from being able to see a beaver I think...

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Don't see the beaver...

Yeah, can we get another one of those outline pictures? I can see what would be the teeth and the eyes, but the huge mustache is preventing me from being able to see a beaver I think...

OK... I'm REALLY trying to bite my tongue here...

This is WAY too obvious a set up. :D

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Don't see the beaver...

Haha, oh, wow, not sure how I missed the innuendo in that post... But seriously guys, help me find the beaver. :P

OttawaRoughRiders.png

The first thing I saw was the beaver. I didn't even notice the trapper at first

Same, but now I can't find the Beaver hahah.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Don't see the beaver...

Haha, oh, wow, not sure how I missed the innuendo in that post... But seriously guys, help me find the beaver. :P

When you are ready for the beaver, the beaver will find you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Don't see the beaver...

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Archived