Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

St. John's University (MN) logo. Pretty obvious what's "hiding" here. But would anyone like to take a guess? Sorry, I couldn't find a better logo.

header_home3.jpg

A number one because they are #1?

The St. Johns "Johnnies"?

Seriously? The "Johnnies"???

There's nothing #1 about that. Generally Urinals are for #1... Johnnies for #2.

Their football coach is #1. John Gagliardi is college football's career coaching victories LEADER. Read the whole Wikipedia article, it's pretty crazy what he has done. Very interesting stuff.

As your name is oldschoolvikings, I am surprised you did not know this about Minnesota football history.

Also, "Johnnies" is not nearly as bad as the womens' college, St. Benedict's, home of the "Bennies".

Friends w/Bennies. Word.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St. John's University (MN) logo. Pretty obvious what's "hiding" here. But would anyone like to take a guess? Sorry, I couldn't find a better logo.

header_home3.jpg

Their football coach is #1. John Gagliardi is college football's career coaching victories LEADER. Read the whole Wikipedia article, it's pretty crazy what he has done. Very interesting stuff.

As your name is oldschoolvikings, I am surprised you did not know this about Minnesota football history.

Also, "Johnnies" is not nearly as bad as the womens' college, St. Benedict's, home of the "Bennies".

Friends w/Bennies. Word.

Word?

MSWord_Eubonics.jpg

Word.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned

The mane of the lion in the logo of the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Golden Lions spells out UAPB

ArkansasPBGoldenLions.png

It hasn't been mentioned because nobody's ever heard of the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.

not sure if anyone noticed this but the old brewers logos has and a m and a b in it

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=3osuqhytjoxncg2kash2

EVERYONE on these boards knows that. It's one of the most talked about logos. Also one of the most loved/hated logos of all time.

Was he...kidding?

damn.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

header_home3.jpg

Friends w/Bennies. Word.

Continuing the list -- the St. Bonaventure Bonnies.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

The first thing I saw was the beaver. I didn't even notice the trapper at first

My God, the beaver is the only thing I see. I had to strain to see the trapper guy. It almost looks like Itchy or Scratchy from the Simpsons.

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

What in blue blazes am I supposed to be seeing? I see nothing.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

True. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could play that game too. Look at the puck, it's shaped like an "M".

faceavs.jpg

True. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could play that game too. Look at the puck, it's shaped like an "M".

Since this was brought back up, does this help?

ANOTHERfaceavs.jpg

faceavs.jpg

ANOTHERfaceavs.jpg

Nick???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

faceavs.jpg

ANOTHERfaceavs.jpg

Nick???

If it were Nick, wouldn't he need to have a triple chin and eyebrow ring?

6uXNWAo.png

faceavs.jpg

ANOTHERfaceavs.jpg

Will you just STOP IT!!!!??!!!???

(what the hell is wrong with the tip of that dude's nose?)

Archived